PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Overreacts to Kid's Criticism

Cam reacted appropriately. No problem with it at all.

I have no doubt Brady would have handled it the same. Like Cam he's also been known before to chirp right back at fans chirping at him.

Cam was more than appropriate. That kid could of been removed from the camp. It's a kids camp dude, enjoy yourself instead of trying to be a social media warrior.

I coach youth sports...that kid embarrassed his community and himself. I don't know a single program that would have put up with that attitude.
I'm with you. I just finished my 15th season in NH. I would not put up with disrespect.

I'm not sure the video shows everything that happened. There could have been some busting balls back and forth before the phones came out. It may have been some light roasting as @Elijah says and then the video takes it out of context. Maybe. I know I have some kids that I have coached for years that know where the line is, know when it's time to bust on me or each other and time not to. I have always looked at it as it's part of my job to mentor them thru things like this, the social interactions. We can have fun and joust, but in the end, they have to know where the line is.

I see that a kid was giving Cam some grief at a camp, calling him "poor" and "ass," and Cam started to interact with the kid. Cam went back and forth with the kid repeatedly telling him he's rich. He also asked the kid where his dad is. Cam could have handled that a lot better and shown more self control. If that were Tom Brady the story would be on every network in America
oh come on. the smart ass kid was being a douche when he should have been there asking questions and trying to get better.

I see that a kid was giving Cam some grief at a camp, calling him "poor" and "ass," and Cam started to interact with the kid. Cam went back and forth with the kid repeatedly telling him he's rich. He also asked the kid where his dad is. Cam could have handled that a lot better and shown more self control. If that were Tom Brady the story would be on every network in America

Exactly where did Cam overreact ? He handled this pretty well and with a lot more patience than most other people and QBs would have.

This is one of those interactions that make me like Cam even more as a leader and person. As others have said in this thread.. if only his play was better he would have been the full package for our locker room.

So a kid attended a Heisman winning, NFL MVP QB's camp, who's made over $100M in his career, and all he could think to do was throw shade and call him poor for the internet clout?

But Cam Newton is the one OP thinks was out of line? Ok then.....

So a kid attended a Heisman winning, NFL MVP QB's camp, who's made over $100M in his career, and all he could think to do was throw shade and call him poor for the internet clout?

Seriously. I wonder how everyone would react if they were volunteering their time to help kids and some high schooler started calling them "ass" and hoping they'd lose their job.

That kid is an a**hole. I don't even think Cam overreacted. Cam is hosting a free (I believe) camp to help kids learn the game from a former Heisman winner and MVP and in order to get 15 seconds of Tik Tok fame you trash the guy who is taking time out of his day to help you? Cam was right for putting the kid in his place as well as telling him he will talk to his father. If my kid acts like that when he gets older I will have failed as a parent.

The kid was being a punk and looking for some internet clout. Cam should have just ignored him, but handled it well. LMAO at the non-responses once he asked “where is your dad?” That kid will be lucky if he even gets a D3 look. Cam, even if he’s done, has had a very good career in the NFL. The kid needs to shut his mouth and learn.

His parents should be embarrassed. Acting like an ass. No questions or looking to learn. Just trying to get on Twitter for attention.

To this day I've never seen or heard anything bad about Cam. Like seriously bad character. Just the opposite.

The kid was being a punk and looking for some internet clout. Cam should have just ignored him, but handled it well. LMAO at the non-responses once he asked “where is your dad?” That kid will be lucky if he even gets a D3 look. Cam, even if he’s done, has had a very good career in the NFL. The kid needs to shut his mouth and learn.
Idc that kid felt that deep ...

Just 23 days to free agency... just 23 days to free agency... just 23 days to free agency...

I didn't blame Cam. I said that he overreacted, and he did. I can only react to the video and story that was highlighted on the home page here, not one that I never saw.

What happended is you made a mistake and now you're backtracking and you're making excusese.

Cam overreacting would of been him giving the kid a backslap in the face, which the kid deserved and Cam didn't do because we all know it's illegal for non parents of said child in question to slap that kid LOL

Kid was out of line.

I tell my boys that if there is a problem at school and the problem is "real" on their end, they have more to fear at home then they do at school for punishment. Also tell my boys that if they disrespect an adult and they feel that they can't defend themselves agasint a bigger person, they better keep their mouth shut.

Last edited:
Can handled that the right way.
He spoke to the Kid the way he knew how to receive it and respect it.
Tom would a three the kid a discount for 10 percent off TB12 online

I like the hypothetical Tom's response better than all the others.

Why is Cam even acknowledging this punk? This is small potatoes for BBs hardest worker of 2020.

Why is Cam even acknowledging this punk? This is small potatoes for BBs hardest worker of 2020.
The kid was the last one in the building and the first one to leave.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back