PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton shows Playbook on Instagram

Why?

NFL DCs already have everything on film. If defenses line up to stop the NE TEs, Cam simply changes the play and the TEs turn into blockers or decoys. How are defense going to know when the NE TEs are receivers or blockers?
Bill. That's why. He hates this crap.

Yeah my bad. It’s very common to see that font, especially in emails in other professional settings.
It's all good. Social media is a very professional setting so I understand the confusion

If you're definition of "adjusting" a play is Cam running instead of throwing, then yes, he does that well. It's just the wrong definition.

Just watch him get his ass have to him all year in 2020 because he didn't roll line protection to effectively manage the blitz. I'm also struggling to remember one time Cam shifted out of one play into another last year. Granted I didn't get to watch every game like I normally do in a season. But he wasn't exactly asjusting the actual play call at the line, would love to see some examples where Cam shifted from up on the line to shotgun and send the RB out wide with success

He couldn't notice an elephant rolling up to the line, never mind a safety.

The page shown is clearly no big deal...not like someone putting the Coca Cola recipe on line back in the day. It's no secret that the team with the tradition of Gronk, Hernandez (RIP), Watson, etc. (not to mention recent additions) is going to run plays with two TE's, including WR's (and the occasional LB) who line up in the TE position.

But I'm pretty sure that the confidentiality of the Playbook is covered in the boilerplate of every Pats contract and that this is a violation. So, the team can't just ignore it no matter how many copies might be floating around.

They have to draw the line somewhere. And the team is entitled to protecting its playbook, team meetings and tapes of its practices. So at least a fine. If this were a Draftee or UDFA who was on the bubble, they'd probably cut him to make an example.

I coach high school football in southern Illinois. One of the plays looks like our outs route. Another our quick out to the boundary, and another our sit route. That verts route needs work on the spacing though.
Maybe let the greatest coach of all time know that he needs to work on the spacing for his verts route? He could learn a lot from you.

Dumb move but no big deal. Cam’s much bigger issue is that he should be light years ahead of Jones but Belichick is calling it a “ tough decision.”

Maybe let the greatest coach of all time know that he needs to work on the spacing for his verts route? He could learn a lot from you.
Great idea. I’ll myface message him later
Charlie Day Reaction GIF

They turn their playbook in when they leave
"Coach wants to see you and bring your playbook", that is the standard line from the "Turk"

I'm guessing most of the plays are on tablets now.... and we all know what BB thinks about tablets...

tblet.gif

They turn their playbook in when they leave

Play books are brought home every day. If you think copies are not made so that they don't have to be lugged back and forth every day your mistaken. Film/Tape was also is also brought home. I assume now however that some teams have them electronically filled and you can access them at home in that manner.

Bigger question mark is his use of English language and characters that resemble a 15-year-old girl on MySpace.
there was nothing wrong with MySpace! It needs the respect it deserves

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back