PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Cam Newton shows Playbook on Instagram

KDPPatsfan85

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Here it is and they just showed it on NFL Network too...
Donald Trump GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

There are only 100 copies of this book given to players who are on other teams right now.

The entire NE offensive playbook was on the web years ago. The 2001 Rams too.

The Patriots have thousands of plays and add new opposing team specific ones during the week of a game. Furthermore, after signing 2 FA TEs is it breaking news that NE is going to run 2 TE sets?

Defenses need to defend the NE running backs, Hunter Henry and Johnu Smith.

Not that pile of 5hit at WR.

As meaningless such things appear to be, I have to think that BB would not want such a precedent set for his team.

I wouldn't be surprised if Cam is disciplined substantially.

As meaningless such things appear to be, I have to think that BB would not want such a precedent set for his team.

Exactly my thought when I made this thread!

I think this is a much bigger issue than the “actual helping opponents figure NE out”. As others have pointed out, hundreds of ex-Patriots are out there living their lives. Several are even coaches for other teams.

BB just hates (1) social media (2) not keeping things in-house (3) attention of this type. He’s not exactly an easy going HC.

Why?

NFL DCs already have everything on film. If defenses line up to stop the NE TEs, Cam simply changes the play and the TEs turn into blockers or decoys. How are defense going to know when the NE TEs are receivers or blockers?

Bigger question mark is his use of English language and characters that resemble a 15-year-old girl on MySpace.
It's a font, just like times new roman or comic sans.

Spoken to, sure. But substantial discipline? I'd be very surprised. Chances are whatever the reaction to this is by BB, we won't ever even hear about it.

Bigger question mark is his use of English language and characters that resemble a 15-year-old girl on MySpace.
Would you prefer he use something other than English? Maybe Japanese or Arabic or something.

Spoken to, sure. But substantial discipline? I'd be very surprised. Chances are whatever the reaction to this is by BB, we won't ever even hear about it.
If anything, it would probably just be less first team reps in one practice.

Is it the actual Pats playbook?
Is it something that every team in the League doesn't have already?
Are those plays that every team in the League doesn't already have charted for the Pats?
Is studying the playbook some kind of secret advantage? Sending out the wrong message?
Will the coach even find out about this? (If you worked for him, would you want to be the one to suggest that he give this time and attention, which means he gives less time and attention to something else?)

OMG, the team that just signed two of the best TEs in all of football are planning on running plays out of a 2 TE formation?

The Humanity!!!!

the humanity.jpg

Obviously trying to bait and switch other teams who see this. Has to be a new form of cheating from the cheaty cheating cheatriots and belicheat. Call Ted Wells.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back