PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Cam newton resigned 1 year deal

WR aquisitions ?.......So maybe a deal for OBJ to leave the Browns and play with his buddy ?

Adjusted completion percentage... man, gotta dig really deep into the barrel of the absolute most meaningless statistics.
go talk to Doug about it, I'm just trying to help here lol

I think I'm one of the few people who never wanted Mariota. He's too erratic game to game..
The Titans instantly got way better with Tannehill. Mariota and Bridgewater both living off college hype, neither have been very good in the NFL.

Way to show how you don't know what an incentive is.
I don't care if it was for $1 dollar, bringing him back was an awful move. Bill these last two years is reminding me of Jim Buss with the Lakers before Jeanie finally pulled the plug on her crazy brother.

Guaranteed to trigger some people here:

This does not mean that Cam is the starting QB in '21, all it means is that they signed him for another year.. he could assume a Taysom Hill type role.

This is not the end of new QB's coming to this team.. the devil will be in the details of his contract.
Just to be clear on this:

You think Cam Newton willingly signed with the Patriots before free agency, without the understanding that he'd be the team's starter next year?

I don't care if it was for $1 dollar, bringing him back was an awful move. Bill these last two years is reminding me of Jim Buss with the Lakers before Jeanie finally pulled the plug on her crazy brother.
So you didn't like the Bethel signing or the Trent Brown trade? Just curious

Forget about how much money.

Who is Cam wearing is the question. Is it Versace? Dolce Cabana?
Cousin,
I can't spell those brands either

Gimme BVD every time

DW Toys

It sounds like it's a Cam Newton bashing thread
No it’s a Belichick decision making thread.
mare you saying you like the idea of newton being the patriot QBs this year?

Cam is back to start.

He has never been a backup QB in his career.

Maybe after going through a trash heap of OCs and OLs in Carolina he actually likes the environment and culture here and is confident he can win the job with a full offseason.

Look we are all speculating but the one thing I am absolutely confident is that there is no backroom agreement that Newton will be the starter. He will have to earn it like everyone else. The only question is against what competition. And that is something the Pats don't fully control unless you are fine with paying ANY price to move up in the draft or acquire someone in a trade.

Again, and that's where I jump off.. I think at the very least we should wait until we see the overall roster picture become more clear before making grand proclamations about how good/bad everything is.
The agreement is very likely an understanding of how Belichick intends to create competition.
Do you seriously think newton saying he will only accept a starter job didn’t ask Belichick if he is bringing in other veterans? Do you doubt he asked if they planned to draft a win in round 1?

This is exactly why this is a huge problem.

newton expects to be a starter. He had said that numerous times.
Newton signed with Belichick before even speaking to any other teams.
Whatever questions newton asked and Belichick answered it’s obvious that Newton believes this is his starting job. Otherwise he would have tested the market.

This is a signal that, no we won’t be trading for or signing another veteran qb and no we won’t be drafting a qb in round 1. It’s Newton’s team.

Cousin,
I can't spell those brands either

Gimme BVD every time

DW Toys

The seasons already over before FA and the draft ever happened.

cjPtGas.jpg

So you didn't like the Bethel signing or the Trent Brown trade? Just curious
Overall it's been bad. You said it yourself several times "there's no talent". Who's fault is that? Bill's.

This does not mean that Cam is the starting QB in '21, all it means is that they signed him for another year.. he could assume a Taysom Hill type role.

This is not the end of new QB's coming to this team.. the devil will be in the details of his contract.
Sadly I think it is.
Newton signed WITHOUT TESTING FREE AGENCY after saying he expects to be a starter many times publicly.

Maybe Belichick is a liar, but whatever discussions they had led Newton to believe he is coming back as a starter. Otherwise he would have spoken to at least one more team.

I presume Belichick told him they will not sign any other veteran QBs and they will not draft a qb in round 1.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Back