PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling Jets Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
They also realize he has willing blown up the guarantees of $20M included in those last three years so it's a pretty good bet he's holding out for the long haul. He's prepared to sit on his ass and watch you play from his couch, like his uncle did, and then await his trade to someone who will pay him in guaranteed $$$ before he sets foot on the field again. It hasn't worked out for a player in a decade, but as fate would have it the last player it did work out for is his mother's brother...
Sometimes it doesn't work out, though. Remember those two guys on the 1985 Bears D who held out the entire year. Bears did okay without them.

This is just such a happy story from a Patsfan's perspective.

do you know how close they are?

no one knows

Not remotely close, because Tannenbaum admits what wants he cannot do, guarantee him the money he wants, and we all know what that money entails...$1 more than Nnamdi. Which is why he has admittedly offered him everything else he can do short of that and Revis has declined to even consider those offers... The only one who can give him what he wants now is Woody, and it would cost him in excess of $40M in up front signing bonus...to equal the $45M in guaranteed money Nnamdi got. Not to mention it would probably cost him the ability to retain Mangold and Harris and probably piss Ferguson off royally since he was convinced he had to settle for chump change and freakin' rolling guarantees...

Yet you beclown yourself stating all will be settled next week.

it is my opinion

because of the important of the august 10 date i belive it will all be settled in the coming week,but i might be wrong.

Not remotely close, because Tannenbaum admits what wants he cannot do, guarantee him the money he wants, and we all know what that money entails...$1 more than Nnamdi. Which is why he has admittedly offered him everything else he can do short of that and Revis has declined to even consider those offers... The only one who can give him what he wants now is Woody, and it would cost him in excess of $40M in up front signing bonus...to equal the $45M in guaranteed money Nnamdi got. Not to mention it would probably cost him the ability to retain Mangold and Harris and probably piss Ferguson off royally since he was convinced he had to settle for chump change and freakin' rolling guarantees...

i dont belive that Tannebaum gave the entire inforamtion to the media,just a smoke screen in my opinion.
Woody just went on the record and said that there is no cash flow problems and he can pay even in cash as much as he want,its just a matter of getting to a contract that will be good for both sides.
and the fact that some of you(i read it her before)think that Woody is broke is behind laugable...come on, its like saying that Kraft is broke...

all you say about other players is what you think that will happen,looks like you know the future,can you tell me next week lottery numbers?
i mean if you know excatly how Mangold,Harris and Ferguson will act, i am sure its easy for you to find out the lucky numbers.

it is my opinion

because of the important of the august 10 date i belive it will all be settled in the coming week,but i might be wrong.

He's already blown up $20M in guaranteed money. You think he cares about a year of service credit??

Your owner now says it's not about the CBA and it's not about cash flow...I guess he really wants to piss Revis off because he says it's about principle and not ripping up a deal with 3 years left on it (should have made that clear to his GM and HC before they stuck their feet in his mouth). But what it's really about per Albert Breer via twitter who is attending your camp festivities today is they are miles apart on total compensation per Woody... Miles are pretty far apart.

Hope you're still laughing when the Green Beans go 7-9 without their all-world CB. Revis is being advised by his uncle Sean (Gilbert) who was the last player who sat out an entire year and eventually forced his team to trade him. Thinking Revis will not do the same is wishful thinking at best. Reports have Revis demanding a huge guarantee for both skill and injury, something current rules don't allow unless the guarantee is paid entirely up-front. Woody's broke due to the PSL disaster so that's not happening anytime soon. Jet's FO screwed the pooch on this one. You can blame Jabba's big pie-hole as well.

But you're right about one thing. This is extremely funny.
I'll be laughing when they go 7-9 WITH him. After all the downgrades in the running game alone should turn 7-7+gift to 7-9, god knows how high the implosion will burn without him.

The vital news is that:
The Jets offered a long term deal....he said no.
The Jets offered a short term raise....he said no.
The Jets offered to come to him and talk...he said no.

Anyone who thinks Revis isnt prepared to sit out after not showing voided a 20 MILLION DOLLAR GUARANTEE is not looking at this sanely.

Over/under on trade request: Wednesday afternoon

The JETS can't help themselves. The fish rots from the head. Try setting reasonable goals earning your hype and maybe your players would be follow that lead and be more reasonable in their demands...

“The main issue with the New York Jets is total compensation,” Johnson said this afternoon. “When you get to some of the details like the guaranteed money or the length of the contract - all of those things that are a part of the contract - but to get to the point where we haven’t even negotiated that because we’re so far apart on the other ones. I’d love to sit down and negotiate. We can be flexible.”

The Jets made two offers in the past few days - a short-term fix and long-term option - that were rejected by Revis’ camp. Neither offer contained a significant signing bonus, according to a source.

“I’ll go down and visit Revis and we can talk about it,” Johnson said. “If he has problems with either one of these deals, maybe that’s a good starting point. We think the deals that we offered were fair from our standpoint and our perception of his standpoint.”

For a team that has made a flurry of offseason moves and repeated the Super Bowl or bust mantra, the contract impasse with their best defensive player could stain a season filled with promise.

“Am I disappointed? Yes. “Johnson said. “I would like everything to be clear sailing right to the Super Bowl. We win that and boom boom… we’re done.

In your dreams, Woody. It's not nearly as easy as you think. But then again, how would you know...

Woody Johnson says cash flow problems not holding up Revis negotiations

I agree with TZA, I think the deal is done.

Jets hold all the cards, Revis will be signed within a week.

Good luck with that...

“When you get to some of the details like the guaranteed money or the length of the contract - all of those things that are a part of the contract - but to get to the point where we haven’t even negotiated that because we’re so far apart on the other ones.

Dude, are NEers born with some huge insecurities or something? Every day there's a new thread about the Jets. Good lord people, I don't know what some here are worried about more, the Pats doing well or the Jets sucking.

Walk outside, pet a kitten, get a friend, it'll be alright.

Dude, are NEers born with some huge insecurities or something? Every day there's a new thread about the Jets. Good lord people, I don't know what some here are worried about more, the Pats doing well or the Jets sucking.

Name the other AFC team that's talking smack, has its fan base infiltrating Patsfans.com, and is having issues on a daily basis, and I'll be thrilled to post about them.

Are we supposed to devote thread after thread to Cameron Wake?

Last edited:
Name the other AFC team that's talking smack and having issues on a daily basis, and I'll be thrilled to post about them.

Are we supposed to devote thread after thread to Cameron Wake?

Dide I say that? Every day for the past 3 weeks there has almost been a new thread everyday after the Jets. Nothing about the Colts, Dolphins, etc.

I realize the Jets are pathetic, easy to hate, trust me I hate them too. Just not like some of you go.

I understand it's a discussion board. But there's analyzing/discussing and than there's just straight obsessiveness

BTW, how are they "infiltrating" Patsfans.com? Do useless little trolls try to pop up time and time again? I've seen like 2 Jets fans that actually stick around here.

Last edited:
Dide I say that? Every day for the past 3 weeks there has almost been a new thread everyday after the Jets. Nothing about the Colts, Dolphins, etc.

I realize the Jets are pathetic, easy to hate, trust me I hate them too. Just not like some of you go.

I understand it's a discussion board. But there's analyzing/discussing and than there's just straight obsessiveness

BTW, how are they "infiltrating" Patsfans.com? Do useless little trolls try to pop up time and time again? I've seen like 2 Jets fans that actually stick around here.

The only teams that have active posters here right now that I can think of off the top of my head, other than the Patriots, seem to be the Jets (about half a dozen posters), The Bills (Uncle Meat) and the Saints (Pheirin), and the last two have rarely been posting. Disgruntled Tuna Fan is a Cowboys guy, but he's not been around much this summer.

Last edited:

Spend alittle time over at JetsInsider and you'll see REAL insecurities. This place is nothing like the envy-fest that goes on over there daily.

Spend alittle time over at JetsInsider and you'll see REAL insecurities. This place is nothing like the envy-fest that goes on over there daily.

This is true of Ganggreen.com, too. But Bionic does have a point in that we've been Jets heavy this summer. I just think that it's mostly attributable to the Jets making a lot of offseason noise with signings and problems, along with most of the non-Pats posters this summer seeming to be Jets fans.

Well, that and the fact that the "Jets suck" thread's been a lot of fun. ;)

The best thing about the Jets Suck thread is it has finally smoked out the so-called "objective Pats fans" that have masqueraded here for years,writing continually negative posts about the Pats.In essence, they've outed themselves and are now in full blown, glorious Gag Green insanity mode.

That would be wicked pissah (if such a thing is possible) from a JETS fan perspective if so

You guys were all over the place before camp began, but now that this Revis crap is surfacing you all go into hiding?

Come out and play :p

Hey I'm here...always willing to discuss Jets related...and really any football related stuff.

But I think that The Jets should take care of Mangold first, the Harris, then Revis.

You build teams from the inside-out and you should accommodate players in the same order.

Not only that...but if Revis doesn't play at all this season we have another (former) all-pro to take his place.

If Mangold and Harris decide to hold out...who's taking their place?

As valuable as Revis is...Jets need Mangold & Harris more at this stage.

I think we should make a trade to Minnesota 1-for-1 for Jared Allen. But something tells me that Minny wouldn't take that deal at all.

What do you guys think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back