PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Calling Jets Fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is true of Ganggreen.com, too. But Bionic does have a point in that we've been Jets heavy this summer. I just think that it's mostly attributable to the Jets making a lot of offseason noise with signings and problems, along with most of the non-Pats posters this summer seeming to be Jets fans.

Well, that and the fact that the "Jets suck" thread's been a lot of fun. ;)

Wouldn't you all agree that people tend to hate only those that are worthy of being hated?

I mean sure the Jets are division rivals....but this forum was never this Jets heavy until this year.

When the Jets were 4-12 in 2005 and 4-12 in 2007 no one hated the Jets this much. But now that the Jets are worthy opponents (you have to admit at least this much), the hate has increased exponentially.

Face it...the Jets are a significant threat.

Good to be back you guys.

No
The JETS have been hated forever
More recently back in the 90s the "Border Wars" with Parcells inflamed the old rivalry
Most recently, JETS bloviation and bravado based on NOTHING has exacerbated the situation
JETS: So little results, so MUCH talk

Last edited:
Wouldn't you all agree that people tend to hate only those that are worthy of being hated?

I mean sure the Jets are division rivals....but this forum was never this Jets heavy until this year.

When the Jets were 4-12 in 2005 and 4-12 in 2007 no one hated the Jets this much. But now that the Jets are worthy opponents (you have to admit at least this much), the hate has increased exponentially.

Wow, you ae really begging to be relevant.
Frankly, this is about the same as every off-season. A few Jet fans come over here to tell us how great the Jets are going to be, we humor them, explain why they are wrong, then the season takes care of itself.
The only real difference this year is that your coach and players are also confused that convincing the world how good they are menas anything.
You seriously cannot think that increased board traffic about the Jets has to do with anything other than you having about the only coach in NFL history who thinks his job is to go around trying to brag about his team.
Seriously, who else has ever done that.
Buffoon, SR Buddy Ryan didnt even go as far. Maybe Jerry Glanville? Nice company to be in.

:rofl: Significant threat? Your defensive front 7 is filled with a bunch of slow, old dudes and your offense is led by a second year QB who was worse than Stafford and Freeman. Your biggest strength was your running game and you guys threw it away for a past his prime hall of famer with dead legs and a guy who's had weight issues and little nagging injuries his entire career. Every one on your team wants new deals, and your hands down best defensive player wont report. You cut a glue guy and a veteran leader in Alan Faneca for some dude from UMass and you paid big to add a corner who has more kids with different women than interceptions the last two seasons.

Threat? Sorry, I'll reserve that word for the Dolphins. Enjoy 8-8, then back to the AFC East basement from there when the Jills pass you.

Last edited:
Wow, you ae really begging to be relevant.
Frankly, this is about the same as every off-season. A few Jet fans come over here to tell us how great the Jets are going to be, we humor them, explain why they are wrong, then the season takes care of itself.
The only real difference this year is that your coach and players are also confused that convincing the world how good they are menas anything.
You seriously cannot think that increased board traffic about the Jets has to do with anything other than you having about the only coach in NFL history who thinks his job is to go around trying to brag about his team.
Seriously, who else has ever done that.
Buffoon, SR Buddy Ryan didnt even go as far. Maybe Jerry Glanville? Nice company to be in.

======================================

Were in your head..

Loved Jerry Glanville, he's coaching here at Portland State.

No. Human nature proves this wrong day after day, after day.

We've got a group of Jets fans here (about a half dozen or so) who've come in and been pretty 'vocal'. Combine that with the lunacy of what's gone on in Jetsland (and the comparative lack thereof throughout the rest of the league), and it should come as no surprise that there's been an uptick in Jets talk on the board.

It hasn't. It really hasn't. You're confusing amusing ourselves by chatting about the NYJ trainwreck with hate. They aren't the same thing.

See.... I really don't think they are. Now, if Sanchez can actually play the quarterback position, and if Cromartie can stop inseminating women long enough for his hip to heal, and if Revis decides to play football, and if Faneca Jr. doesn't suck, and if D'Bust doesn't regress now that his safety blanket is gone, and if LdT isn't toast, and if Shonn Greene is both 'real' and durable, and if Jenkins can last more than 6 games, and if the Jets wideouts can avoid suspensions and/or prison.... if that can happen, then I'll look at the Jets as a 'significant' threat. Until then, they're just the Same Ol' Jets.

:confused: Not sure what you were seeing, but there were a TON of threads here about the Jets between 2007-2008. There were a ton last year too when Ryan started opening his mouth. Between 2006-2007 I remember there being a lot too because Mangini had just taken the team to a respectable record even though they got pounded by the Pats in the Wild Card round.

And anyway, the Jets even suck at negotiating new deals with their star players.

Insane Clown Posse is my name for them now and I'm sticking with it.............just picture Rexie with those oversized shoes and red bulbous nose.

Thank you,football gods.....they're the gift that keeps on giving:rocker:

Insane Clown Posse is my name for them now and I'm sticking with it.............just picture Rexie with those oversized shoes and red bulbous nose.

Thank you,football gods.....they're the gift that keeps on giving:rocker:

Jabba Wrecks is a clown extraordinaire. I especially enjoyed his presser today when he announced to the world that Revis can hold out all of camp and he'd still be the starter. Way to pressure the guy back into camp, Wrecks. HOF coaching right there.

Jabba Wrecks is a clown extraordinaire. I especially enjoyed his presser today when he announced to the world that Revis can hold out all of camp and he'd still be the starter. Way to pressure the guy back into camp, Wrecks. HOF coaching right there.

Not only that...he telegraphs to the secondary the other corners are all just playing out of place or stepping up to hold the holdouts place with no hope of earning it themselves. And the guys who reported...I guess they are just there busting their tails for kicks...or because they aren't talented enough to just show up if or when they feel like it.

That was so wrong on so many levels. All in the name of rationalizing it's no big deal in hopes that placates the media and fan base.

One of the great things about Bill is something he got from Tuna - speaking with one voice (while not saying all that much). The JETS should try duplicating that approach some time, although I'm not sure they have one voice competent enough to handle the job.

that is really hard to believe....are you SURE Ryan said this using those words? How many ways of looking at a statement like that and seeing only a downside are there? Five? Ten?...seriously, as part of management that statement borders on the preposterous. Is Rex his boss or his de facto agent? Really, is there any hard copy to this presser you heard?

It seems like every season the media hypes up a team then that team falls flat during the season. Hopefully the jets will be that team this year.

that is really hard to believe....are you SURE Ryan said this using those words? How many ways of looking at a statement like that and seeing only a downside are there? Five? Ten?...seriously, as part of management that statement borders on the preposterous. Is Rex his boss or his de facto agent? Really, is there any hard copy to this presser you heard?

Here's the direct quote:

On if it’s concerning that Darrelle Revis might not be ready for the first game because he is missing practice…

Wrecks: "Obviously Darrelle Revis is a great player. I want him here. I’d love to have him here right now. I’d love to have him here whenever, but if he signs a contract one day before the first game, Darrelle will be starting. It’s as simple as that, but I’d love to get him here."

Great HOF coaching at work.:eek:

Transcript: Rex Ryan, 8.2 | thejetsblog.com

Here's the direct quote:

On if it’s concerning that Darrelle Revis might not be ready for the first game because he is missing practice…

Wrecks: "Obviously Darrelle Revis is a great player. I want him here. I’d love to have him here right now. I’d love to have him here whenever, but if he signs a contract one day before the first game, Darrelle will be starting. It’s as simple as that, but I’d love to get him here."

Great HOF coaching at work.:eek:

Transcript: Rex Ryan, 8.2 | thejetsblog.com

So, apparently there is no real need for his backup to prepare or get excited about possibly playing. Great vote of confidence. Sheesh.

So, apparently there is no real need for his backup to prepare or get excited about possibly playing. Great vote of confidence. Sheesh.

You guys are really going nuts about this non-issue statement.

Do you really think anyone in their right mind would sit their best player on defense?

If Tom Brady held out all camp and signed before the start of the season would you hold him out?

As for the backups, they are paid to practice and be a BACKUP which means no they don't normally start.

Do you really think anyone in their right mind would sit their best player on defense?

If Tom Brady held out all camp and signed before the start of the season would you hold him out?

As for the backups, they are paid to practice and be a BACKUP which means no they don't normally start.

Non-issue?! Are you nuts? Once again your HC opens his big fat mouth to the detriment of the team. You have maybe your most important player holding out, and he announces to the world there are no negative repercusions to waiting until the season starts to sign a new deal? This helps the team how?

Rex is waaaaaaaaaaaay over his head and not ready for prime time. Tough to admit I'm sure, but true none-the-less.

Yes, and yes! It's a TEAM game. What Revis is doing is detrimental to his TEAM. IF Revis sat out the whole training camp, he wouldn't be ready to play. Neither would Brady. And besides, you don't reward a player for sitting out, it sends the wrong message. Wrecks is showing how clueless he is by running his mouth, as usual.

Yes, and yes! It's a TEAM game. What Revis is doing is detrimental to his TEAM. IF Revis sat out the whole training camp, he wouldn't be ready to play. Neither would Brady. And besides, you don't reward a player for sitting out, it sends the wrong message. Wrecks is showing how clueless he is by running his mouth, as usual.

Here he goes again. Rex is the gift that keeps on giving. BTW, still no contact 24 hours after Woody prostrated himself and offered to go to Revis home and help broker a compromise deal that Revis wants no part of...

“I’m sure it is happening,” Ryan said about Gilbert role as an advisor. “I know Darrelle is close with Sean. It’s who he’s (being) advised by -- his agents and his family. That’s what you want to surround yourself with when you make a huge decision about your future. You bring your family in… and you do what’s best for you.”

And this...his anti-Belichick approach...

While some coaches subscribe to the out-of-site, out-of-mind theory, Ryan has left little doubt he’s mentioned Revis to his team during meetings.

“I always mention it,” Ryan said. “We go over the goals of our football team… Why wouldn’t you mention that? You’re talking about a tremendous football player and a great teammate. He’s one of the guys. He’s still a Jet. He’s just not here.”

“We’re going to mention him,” Ryan added. “But we are going to go on without him. Of course, we’re going to mention him…. When we’re talking about our goals, when we’re talking about how to defend people, of course we mention Darrelle. He’s part of our team. He’s just not here.”

He will eventually find out that players come to resent being reminded of their deficiencies in comparison to the uber talent no show...and often end up seeing themselves as mere place holders...fully expecting to be tossed aside no matter what they do once the chosen one returns. That is why Bill never mentions the players who aren't in camp or holding out...he wants the guys who replace them to believe they actually can...

Rex Ryan acknowledges that Sean Gilbert has played role in Revis holdout

And you are being a detriment to your team by starting inferior players.

Revis is one of the hardest workers on the team and there is no doubt in my mind he isnt sitting on the couch at home, hes out training and working on his craft.

Also, if Rex admits Revis holding out is detrimental to the team do you really think that changes what Revis does? Isn't it worse for the pysche of the team thinking that their hard work in pratice is all for naught since Revis isn't around?

I have no real problem with what Ryan says and while you guys do raise a point I think you are just going overboard with it out of Jet hate.

Heres what Rex said today:

As for day two of the Revis holdout Ryan discussed how the Darrelle Revis situation is being handled within the team. “We admit that if Darrelle is not here it’s going to be difficult,” he said. “But by no means does that mean we’re not going to get it done. We’re still going to get it done. We gotta keep our eyes on the prize. We’ve got to hit the practice field with purpose every day.”

I thinks this splits the argument were having down the middle, not sure how you can really hate on these comments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes