PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Call me crazy, but Cam's Instagram sounds like he's gonna be on the bench for these last 2 weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the record, Cam's own words when he came into the league were that he wanted to "be an icon." He should have been more focused on being the best QB he could be instead.

Also, talk is cheap and is very different than the Patriot Way.
Let me rephrase ...coming in and saying the right things, working hard and being a good teammate are essential to the"Patriot Way".

Good. I hope he still wants to be an ICON..to some notable qbs currently in the nfl..he already is. You're not ready to have the convo tho.

I'm more worried that this means he knows hes coming back next season since it could potentially be read that way
Yeah, I'd rather Newton not be back just because I don't think he's physically capable of quarterbacking a winning team anymore. But I could be fine with him returning on the vet minimum as long as he's not the presumptive starter, I guess. I dunno why Cam would agree to that unless he had literally no other options, but with the way he's played this season 'no other options' is probably accurate. If nothing else he's shown character this year that if he's willing to come in as a probable backup then I've got no reservations with him staying. Seems like a good guy who is well-liked in the locker room.

At the start of the season the thought here was that the Pats had an advantage over teams with less time. Now it's been turned into an excuse for why the team, and especially Newton, have played so poorly. I'm not buying that excuse.

I also think the lack of prep time is a more important influence on a young player like Stidham. That could be the reason why Bill went with Cam, the more experienced player as the starter and had Hoyer as the original backup QB.

Cam Newton has been horrible this year and I don't think it's been because of a lack of coaching or a lack of weapons. On the flip side, one of the dipsticks (the burper) on WEEI is claiming that Cam's being criticized too much because of his skin color. What a pathetic take that is.

It's very easy to see that no matter what color he is Cam just plain sucks and for some reason is getting a pass by many fans here. I still don't understand why.

Don't remember anyone claiming that the Pats had an advantage at the beginning of the season. I remember people claiming that teams that had carry over chemistry from last season would have an advantage, i.e, the saints.

Cam coming here cold to a new team and new system was definitely not advantages.

I personally haven't heard any of the Cam criticizers being called racist but if true it's ridiculous.

The Pats were close to winning a few more games this season. Would've the extra time with BB made the difference? Would having a competitent Wr and/or TE made a difference?

Anyway I don't like the results but am not sure of what to blame.

Let me rephrase ...coming in and saying the right things, working hard and being a good teammate are essential to the"Patriot Way".

Good. I hope he still wants to be an ICON..to some notable qbs currently in the nfl..he already is. You're not ready to have the convo tho.
Good thing that you rephrased, because talking a good game is far different than saying the right things. They aren't even close.

I prefer a QB to become an icon because of his game, not his talking.

Surely it's all Cams fault then and the shirt he decides to wear..also the posts on social media. Sensing a major generational gap with this one....

If you mean Gap as in Grand Canyon I agree.

Don't remember anyone claiming that the Pats had an advantage at the beginning of the season. I remember people claiming that teams that had carry over chemistry from last season would have an advantage, i.e, the saints.

Cam coming here cold to a new team and new system was definitely not advantages.

I personally haven't heard any of the Cam criticizers being called racist but if true it's ridiculous.

The Pats were close to winning a few more games this season. Would've the extra time with BB made the difference? Would having a competitent Wr and/or TE made a difference?

Anyway I don't like the results but am not sure of what to blame.
I remember both being mentioned, the carryover and Bill's preparedness.

Yes, as it turned out, the Pats were behind the 8-ball compared to some teams.

Fitzy the Burper threw a blanket over the Boston area this morning with his pathetic 'skin color' comment. I blame myself for leaving it on after listening to DeOssie and Perrell That won't happen again.

The fact that the Pats were so close without decent QB play is what frustrates me the most, no matter the reason.

There's plenty of blame to go around, but after the last 20 years we're way ahead of the game. I can live with it.

Thanks for your usual respectful response.

I'm astounded by the amount of support that Cam gets while so clearly being a horrible QB. I can't think of a worse QB in the history of the team league. If Stidham had been given the reigns of this team and performed anywhere near as poorly fans here would be asking for his head on a platter.

So what's the deal? Why does Cam get a pass from so many fans?

Fixed it for you.

Fixed it for you.
I took a look at their stats a while ago and 2020 Cam matches up with Tim Tebow, who took a ration of ***t from fans everywhere.

Hell will freeze over before it ever gets warm.

BB still puts in more work than maybe two or three of the coaches in the league. He still coaches at a very high level.

Trust me when I say that BB the coach, is the least of our problems.
Nah, I agree. Hopefully he's our coach until he retires.

Fixed it for you.
There's no way 2020 Cam is the worst QB in the history of the league! Granted, he's not good. However, his weapons need to be considered. He must be better than third stringers, right? He's also better than Hoyer. He's probably a low tier substitute at this point. Accurate?

There's no way 2020 Cam is the worst QB in the history of the league! Granted, he's not good. However, his weapons need to be considered. He must be better than third stringers, right? He's also better than Hoyer. He's probably a low tier substitute at this point. Accurate?

It was sarcasm. Humor. The claim Cam is the worse in the history of the league is so outrageous I thought people would know it was a joke. Cam is really bad and I was trying to highlight that through exaggeration. Great guy, arthritic shoulder, his legs are shot. He means well, but at this point it is even hard to listen to him take responsibility.

It was sarcasm. Humor. The claim Cam is the worse in the history of the league is so outrageous I thought people would know it was a joke. Cam is really bad and I was trying to highlight that through exaggeration. Great guy, arthritic shoulder, his legs are shot. He means well, but at this point it is even hard to listen to him take responsibility.
I only started watching in 07 so I don't know the history of the worst QBs ever, but imo Hoyer is one of the worst I've ever seen. 2020 Hoyer that is.

Yeah, my bad.

Boomer Esiason thinks this is to give cam newton a solid for signing for $1million and being a good teammate the entire season.

Wouldn't surprise me. Cam the person has been pretty good here all season and done everything asked of him. It's just cam the player no longer can back it up

Bill would need like 3-4 abysmal seasons to even consider it and even then it would be controversial
Or if he gets caught in another taping incident then his seat would warm up. He learned his lesson and knows better than that now. Hopefully.

I think that depends what you're looking for in a QB and how many games they played. He's behind all starters and some backups in a couple of passing stats. He CAN run the ball but he's behind some starters there too.

Speaking of rushing TDs, if Cam plays in these last two meaningless games and ties or passes Steve Grogan's Pats record for rushing TDs, it will be an outrageous disgrace.

Our owner has been caught up in more taping incidents than BB.
Thanks Bob for the loss of a critically needed high 3rd round pick in a major rebuilding year.
Also, I'm convinced that Bobby's panicked jettisoning of AB because of his concurrent massage parlor bad publicity killed any small chance of TB returning to the Pats this season.

Thanks Bob for the loss of a critically needed high 3rd round pick in a major rebuilding year.
Also, I'm convinced that Bobby's panicked jettisoning of AB because of his concurrent massage parlor bad publicity killed any small chance of TB returning to the Pats this season.
Dumping AB also derailed what little chance the Pats had of making a SB run in 2019. Bob got played by the competitors' friends in the media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back