PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caleb Williams would turn this team around FAST. The Case for Tanking

A USC QB? That already has ego issues?

Coming to a team with poor receivers, leaky offensive line? Dude, this team is not ready for that type of QB. You get that kind of QB when you have everything else, BUT a dynamic QB. Guys like that have a VERY short shelf life.

Your new starting QB BAILEY ZAPPE with Malik Cunningham at backup. That gives us a real shot at franchise altering Caleb.
If you're going to do it right, you may as well put in the guy who hasn't started an NFL game...(Malik). Zappe may win too many. Just sayin....Or even better, could Nike do it? Let's get some nepobabies in here! Oh wait..

nike.png

I'd take Harrison over any of the upcoming QB's.

I don’t want the #1 QB in the draft. I want an OT and then take a QB in the 2nd or 3rd who is pissed off he wasn’t taken earlier. No prima donnas please.

I'd take Harrison over any of the upcoming QB's.
Who's going to throw him the ball?

We have a QB who throws 25 yard hail marys and the ball hangs in the air like a punt on anything over 20 yards, Harrison would end up being a disaster with this quarterback how many brutal throws a week do you need to see before you realize he's stinks and it doesn't matter if you give him an all pro WR he's still going to stink.

Who's going to throw him the ball?

We have a QB who throws 25 yard hail marys and the ball hangs in the air like a punt on anything over 20 yards, Harrison would end up being a disaster with this quarterback how many brutal throws a week do you need to see before you realize he's stinks and it doesn't matter if you give him an all pro WR he's still going to stink.
Just because you didn't draft a QB in the first round doesn't mean you're stuck with Mac Jones. Patriots 2nd round pick will probably be in the top 40 so I am sure they will have options available.

I do not want to hear that this is not BB's way. he got us into this mess
I don't know if Caleb Williams is "the answer" but I can tell that he has more arm talent in his pinky than Mac Jones has in his entire body.

The two big questions that need to be answered:

1. Do we tank for the best possible draft pick now that the season is lost?

2. Does Bob Kraft finally have the guts to take away GM duties from Belichick?

How those questions get answered could really shape the Patriots franchise future.

Unfortunately, I don't expect either of those answers to be yes because I just don't trust Kraft to have the balls to make the best and boldest decisions.

Bob Kraft is the man who put Goodell in power and then got the Judas who stabbed his back a contract extension!

This is also the same man who rewarded Belichick for missing out on the playoffs with a hefty contract extension in the offseason!

The team is not one player away. Caleb will still be operating behind one of the worst O lines in the league.

If the Pats can get him, great. But he's just a piece of the puzzle.
Yup, and he would have no one, except Pop, to throw to. No QB can compensate for a bad OL and a poor receiver corp. The Patriots needs more than one guy.

He’s way shorter than Zappe and I’ve been told by the experts here that Zappe is too short to play in the NFL… despite being the same height as many successful NFL QB’s.

It makes sense somehow, someway…

i don't much follow college ball, but the dude can't even beat ok college teams no?

A top 3 pick is not walking though that door.

We absolutely should be tanking. However I fully expect this team to rack up some meaningless wins and get a middling pick and the beat goes on.

best case scenario would be the Pats have top pick and trade down 2-3 spots and aquire a ****load of other first round picks for this and coming drafts, so they can jump on a real QB in the next 2-3 years with that ammo, while getting still one of the top OT or WR to build up some talent on offensive side

williams looks like someone with happy feet, just running around to buy time instead to go through his progression to deliver the ball, seems like he is just showing off in the backyard agains poorest competition, the NFL is a different animal and NFL D#s play you different, you will not have 3 minutes to scramble around and get some wide open reciver unless you have elite talent on receving end and most do not have such talent (beside Dolphins and Philly probably right now) - plus he is a midget with an egotrip, hard pass

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
Back