PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caleb Williams would turn this team around FAST. The Case for Tanking

Caleb absolutely putting on a show tonight versus huskies. Anyone who thinks he would not be a dream pick for Pats is out of their mind. There will be at least 4 teams intentionally tanking to get him
Giants, broncos, bears and commanders are all trying to lose to get him
Never seen him play but too short! Don't want any QB shorter than 6'4 lol; maybe 6'3.

I also don't like the whole attitude about only playing for certain teams and wanting team ownership as part of his rookie deal hahaha. Of course if all that is true.

I’m all for losing every game for the rest of the season, but don’t expect Belichick to tank, he won’t do it, and every coach and player would lose respect for him if he tried to donut. Players get paid off their tape, and coaches get paid on the success of their units, none are going to suck on purpose to get better draft pick. Fortunately this is a strong QB class, so they should have a shot at a good prospect. I would be fine with them taking 3 of them.

I’m not big fan of stats, but Mac Jones has created a new category, which I’m going to give to Pro Football Focus, in a return for a fee, of course. The new statistical category is ……… drumroll) Most Failed Game Winning Drives.

Give me Caleb, Give me Drake Maye, Give me Bo Nix. Anyone but Mac.

Last edited:
Giants,Bears, Panthers losing isn’t doing us any favors.

Can we please stay the **** away this guy?
I don’t think we’re jump Arizona anyway. So unless we move all the way up it’s looking like the 2nd or 3rd qb prospect, OT, Harrison jr or trade down.

I don’t think we’re jump Arizona anyway. So unless we move all the way up it’s looking like the 2nd or 3rd qb prospect, OT, Harrison jr or trade down.

Good Arizona loved Mighty Mouse so maybe they’ll draft his cousin.

Giants,Bears, Panthers losing isn’t doing us any favors.
Panthers just drafted a QB at #1 last year…they are not taking a QB…..maybe trade down to someone who will though.

Giants just signed D. Jones to a new, large contract…..I don’t see them moving on yet..but who knows for sure.

Bears….maybe…seems like they are always drafting QB’s.

regardless….we will get a **** at drafting a highly rated QB and it shouldn’t cost too much to move up to get who we want either. Of course this statement is assuming BB isn’t drafting.

I will be watching for what BGC has to say on the QB’s.

What happened to him? I'm guessing he didn't like the direction the board has gone as he hasn't posted once since the season started.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays in college if he doesn’t feel good about who’s going to draft him, some boosters will just give him a few million to stay. Although he may be getting sick of playing for a team that can’t or doesn’t know how to play defense.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he stays in college if he doesn’t feel good about who’s going to draft him, some boosters will just give him a few million to stay. Although he may be getting sick of playing for a team that can’t or doesn’t know how to play defense.

Good. Who ****ing cares? Just don’t draft a sub 6’0” “gonna change the way the game is played” USC quarterback with a massive ego who cries in mom’s arms after games. Thanks.

Panthers just drafted a QB at #1 last year…they are not taking a QB…..maybe trade down to someone who will though.

Giants just signed D. Jones to a new, large contract…..I don’t see them moving on yet..but who knows for sure.

Bears….maybe…seems like they are always drafting QB’s.

regardless….we will get a **** at drafting a highly rated QB and it shouldn’t cost too much to move up to get who we want either. Of course this statement is assuming BB isn’t drafting.

Chicago owns the Panthers pick.

The more I see off the field with this kid the more I’m less sold on him. I’m already wary of the small quarterbacks but his attitude/temperament/maturity is raising some red flags. The “lions don’t care about sheep” crap. The nonsense about wanting to own part of the team that drafts him. Sobbing in the stands over a regular season loss with his mom. Maybe it’s all getting twisted but either way making this kid the face of the franchise in a large media market makes me a little nervous based on what I’ve seen this year.

Gives me Leaf and Russell vibes to be honest. He will need to adjust when receivers aren't open by five yards. When the opposing CB's aren't accountants in waiting. 400 LB lineman coming after him. I have doubts that he can do it. Just a feeling, and due to the stories that have come out about him.

I'm the NFL, there isn't as big of a gap between the great and bad anymore.

SF gave up 3 firsts and a third to jump from 12 to 3 for Trey Lance... Figure a move up for us is going to cost approximately the same... there should be a slightly better return on the 4th ± overall selection compared to the 12th overall selection... but not that much better

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back