PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Caleb Williams would turn this team around FAST. The Case for Tanking

I've joked about tanking, but no.

Also possible that Harrison goes #1 overall with all these difference making receivers in the league now.

"Why invest in a QB when a great receiver can make them look good?"

Starting to get bust vibes with Williams.

Maybe it's his attitude. But I'm not quite sure he will have the work ethic to make the leap to the NFL.

I’m getting the same vibes from Pat. Trade him to us before he implodes.

• Ha Ha
Reactions: sb1
William is 100% going first just like Kyler Murray did. His skills are unique. Do not fall for the misinformation campaign.
That being said, would be delighted with Maye also but turnaround would not be as quick with him.
Unfortunately doubt Pats get either of them

Sounds like a plan. I really like the idea of starting in the trenches. Like I said that's how the greatest show on turf got started. It wasn't getting Kurt Warner it was drafting Orlando Pace.
It’s definitely a winning strategy in rebuilds. However, how patient are fans and ownersip gonna be is the question? Cleveland Browns chose Joe Thomas who was one of the best of his generation at LT. C Braylon Edwards also with the 3rd pick a couple of years earlier. Best te in the draft with Winslow close time frame, But unfortunately struck out multiple times with the qbs. Obviously, Qb is essential.

the only way us getting Caleb williams is going to turn this team around is if we trade him for 2 fully functional Tackles and a WR1

If patriots were fortunate enough to have the first pick, they would sprint to the podium to select Williams

If patriots were fortunate enough to have the first pick, they would sprint to the podium to select Williams
Hmmm, I like Maye better because I like traditional qbs. However, anyone who hasn’t watched Caleb play really shouldn’t comment here.

As soon as he steps foot in the NFL he has one of the stronger arms that can make every throw. Is elusive and can run for the 1st and then some when needed. The way he throws reminds some scouts of Mahomes so thats a high praise. Basically has the uncanny sense like Rodgers and Mahomes to thow across the body accurately.

I’ll take a chance on that despite the weird ownership claims. 6’1? Drew Brees, Doug Flutie? They aren’t all busts if used right.

Sam, I know you're a USC alum, but.... dude, your QBs historically have sucked.

I don't want any first round QBs this year. Go BPA.

Caleb absolutely putting on a show tonight versus huskies. Anyone who thinks he would not be a dream pick for Pats is out of their mind. There will be at least 4 teams intentionally tanking to get him
Giants, broncos, bears and commanders are all trying to lose to get him

Last edited:

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3