PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care really. Less talk of roomates and paying other people's fines seems good, maybe he needs to tweet all night to maintain focus, I don't know.

Just like to see him enthusiastic (during the game, about the game) and productive.

What Bru and Rodney think means more than what i think and i do listen to what they say, I think they've got a pretty good idea what makes the local team tick.

Again, your argument makes no sense. You're also picking and choosing which former Patriots to believe, which you know is a crap maneuver. You're just buying into the people who've reinforced your gripes.

Tweeting positive stuff about his teammates is not disruptive.

Ochocinco used to actually send Pepto Bismol to next week opponent CB's (to prepare them for upset stomaches after playing him).

THAT would be bulletin board material.

Tweeting how impressed with Brady ain't it.

I merely said it could easily lead to bulletin board material. And i said if you like tweeter that's great, I don't . Linkedin is about the only site I use for social networking, though i have accounts at My face and yearbook.
I didn't criticize his latest, two ex Patriots did. I just said i respect their opinions, generally.

It's not even that good an argument, if you noticed. Just a few old stubborn mules arguing about nothing, not worth losing sleep over.:D

RT@RayClay and RT@Vuduu
Nite peeps goin sleep hope u all have great dreams and patriot tmrws

Again, your argument makes no sense. You're also picking and choosing which former Patriots to believe, which you know is a crap maneuver. You're just buying into the people who've reinforced your gripes.

Well, those two are legends and they're on TV. Of course they could stink, but I've found them insightful in the past, so i listen to them.

I do not understand your post at all.

Probably buying into what they say, because I always thought this would be a mistake, you're right there.

I do hope I'm wrong though, what a waste that would be.

Re: We won't be getting anymore impact free agents or trades.

a lot of does so called impact free agents come from teams that cant even get into the playoffs, if the pats are offering the same $ as outher teams im sure they would love to play for a team that has a shot at the SB every year

Yeah, to be honest I can understand your questioning of the topic, but I think that patsfan-1982 answered it best.

There are a TON of high impact free agents that would love to play here. Just last night on ESPN they were interviewing Larry Fitz. The question was, "besides your current QB, if you had ONE team to play for, who would it be?"

And guess what he said....that's right, Tom Brady and the NEP.

Besides that, I am not sure that 1/10th of the generalized audience even knows about Tedy Bruschi's comments, and I doubt they even care for that matter.

This is one more "who cares" stories. Bruschi spoke his mind, some agreed, some did not. Who cares??

Stupid post. You're just absorbing this useless non-story because it's Wednesday and because you're too stupid to realize it's an ESPN/NFLN conjured story.

Ridiculed? Tedy gave an opinion. If anyone is turned away from joining the Patriots because of words on a radio show then good riddance - don't let the door hit your ass on the way out. Talk about mental toughness...

I think most players come to the Patriots and laud the "Patriot way" and commend the coaching staff, ownership, and team leaders on their emphasis to excellence. Above all else these are the most important characteristics of a sports franchise. If a player does not hold these same values with the highest regard, I'd rather them not sign with the Patriots.

Well, those two are legends and they're on TV. Of course they could stink, but I've found them insightful in the past, so i listen to them.

I do not understand your post at all.

Probably buying into what they say, because I always thought this would be a mistake, you're right there.

I do hope I'm wrong though, what a waste that would be.

The post was pretty straightforward. Your argument is a poor one, IMO, and it's nothing more than an unreasonable prejudice latching on to a stupid complaint by Bruschi.

Last edited:
This is coming from someone who absolutely loves Bruschi. And who also didn't like the Chad Johnson pick-up and still isn't 100% on board with him.

But that tweet should've been a complete non-issue. Especially since he didn't even have a good day (1 catch) while the rest of his teammates around him were racking up the stats. In other words, he could've tweeted a ton of things that were much, much worse (actually what I would've expected). Yet he was PRAISING his teammates.

Seriously.. if anybody thinks this is "out of line", then Johnson is offically in a can't win situation as far as fan-player interaction goes.

EASE UP PEOPLE

I think most players come to the Patriots and laud the "Patriot way" and commend the coaching staff, ownership, and team leaders on their emphasis to excellence. Above all else these are the most important characteristics of a sports franchise. If a player does not hold these same values with the highest regard, I'd rather them not sign with the Patriots.

Exactly. Well said.

There are many reasons why someone would want to come here, and all of them are the same as they were yesterday before Tedy's rant.

One more time to those who aren't getting it---WHO CARES what bruschi said? He has a right to his opinion. You may agree with him, and you may not, but I would be absolutely stunned beyond belief if a potential free agent did not come here b/c of something that Tedy Bruschi said on the radio. LOL!!

Did the other 420 post thread not provide enough internet real estate for which to beat this topic to death? :bricks:

I just saw this interesting -QUOTE FROM BRADY-

“Everyone has an opinion on everything, and none of it really means anything,’’ said Brady. “The only things that mean anything are the guys in this locker room and what we do every day in practice.’’

Translation: Hey Bru, keep your nose out of the our locker room.

From the article BB is quoted with this

“He understands what we’re doing,’’ coach Bill Belichick said.

You can read that as...... Ocho wasn't in the plan for what we wanted to do in Miami, and he understands his roll here.

Both are pretty strong statements of support. I don't the mean the "strong statements of support" that Maroney got last year before getting shipped out either. :eek:

Go get a sarcasm meter:D

I think you overestimate the impact and scope of the 85/Bruschi story.

Go get a sarcasm meter:D

If you're being sarcastic let people know. You could put "[/sarcasm]" at the end of your post.

Bruschi just made himself looked petty and mean with this... about a twitter post. I don't give a hoot about spikes twitter or ocho's or whoever; thats like complaining about someone's phone calls.

We talking about TWITTER man! We ain't talking about the game! We talking about TWITTER!!

Iverson Practice! - YouTube

Bruschi, please don't be a sports show clown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=svwGRJA28lY

Last edited:
Well first I would like to say I am new to the forums but I have been a lurker for awhile. This topic though made me want to register to post.

Anyway as much as I love Tedy I have to disagree with his rant and think it was uncalled for. One of my pet peeves with retired players is when they feel they still no what goes on in the locker room. I think Mayo said it best in 09 after the 4th-2 play and I am sure it can apply to this situation as well.

Also guys like Bodden and Edelman (and about half the roster) tweet just as much but I haven't seen anyone ridicule them, yet ocho has 1 bad game and everyone is quickly to say his tweeting isn't the "patriots way" or that his formation penalty (something that probably happens multiple times per week) is him not getting it.

Welcome to the board and posting

I see this thread has 1 star.

That seems excessive.

Yeah and Belichick was a lousy OL for Wesleyan.

What does THAT have to do with insight?

Watch the video and hear the points he makes about the situation.

There will always be jock sniffers, though, who base their listening habits on how good the athlete was. Enjoy the insightful commentaries of Michael Irvin! He was AWESOME!

Remember

If former players were so smart, Mike Singletary would have hoisted his 4th or5th Matt Millen Trophy in February.

Matt Millen was actually a more accomplished player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back