PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruschi is not on the field. When he was on the field he talked after he had something to talk about, they used to call that the Patriot way?

You're right. He's not on the field anymore.

In his current profession he can't measure up to a Mike Reiss or Greg Bedard.

But, man, was he a great linebacker.

You're right. He's not on the field anymore.

In his current profession he can't measure up to a Mike Reiss or Greg Bedard.

But, man, was he a great linebacker.

Yet, as much as i like Reiss, his football instincts are lousy. I really feel they add something Reiss never could.

I understand they have jobs and when i come across something that strikes me as phony, I'll point it out, but i don't think they are phony about this at all.

Cut the BS, do your job. If you're having trouble, work twice as hard until you are on top of things.

Are you saying this is inconsistent with their beliefs? They're just making this attitude up for ratings? Because they sure had me fooled for a looong time.

Could you tell me what was so disruptive about what Ochocinco tweeted on an off day?

Do you believe he has displayed a disruptive attitude and stepped out of line?

Not when he's a TV pundit. Tweets are his job. Do your job. They're not Chad's job...yet.

Exactly how long do you think it takes to type less than 300 characters?

Could you tell me what was so disruptive about what Ochocinco tweeted on an off day?

I didn't say it was disruptive, but I've never been of the opinion Chad could focus on football the way players are expected to here.

I hope I'm wrong, but Bruschi has had pretty good instincts about players like Maroney and Meriweather before. If there's two players who ever played on the Patriots who were totally focused, it's Bru and Rodney. are you going to argue about that too?

Yet, as much as i like Reiss, his football instincts are lousy. I really feel they add something Reiss never could.

I don't think you have to know x' and o's to judge tweets.

And if it comes down to who has the better x's and o's knowledge regarding an offensive player's performance I'll take an ex-offensive player - - not some linebacker who somehow doesn't understand that a #3 WR who is 6 weeks into a system won't see the field much when the team is going 2TE 2WR in a no-huddle.

Somehow Heath Evans (who- gasp - wasn't a football star) made that simple, yet cogent, point. But let's not have facts get in the way.

Last edited:
Is it also possible that Bruschi might have had contempt for Chad even before he got here. Kind of like Rayclay and Heath Evans?

Not when he's a TV pundit. Tweets are his job. Do your job. They're not Chad's job...yet.

You're right, Chad doesn't get paid for tweeting. But either do the other large number of Patriots on Twitter. I think they know football is their job. Most people aren't working 24 hours a day. People have lives outside of their job. What are you doing posting on an internet message board? Get to work!

Last edited:

I never said he was disruptive and I'm glad he has stopped soliciting roommates from the general population, OK? I feel that is a step in the right direction. From observing him in preseason I'd say the less distractions, the better.

You're right, Chad doesn't get paid for tweeting. But either do the other large number of Patriots on Twitter. I think they know football is their job. Most people aren't working 24 hours a day. People have lives outside of their job. What are you doing posting on an internet message board? Get to work!

Butler was one of the most prolific, no?

I worked 10 hours today, I'm tired. Engaging in pointless, endless arguments is my relaxation sometimes.

Last edited:
I didn't say it was disruptive, but I've never been of the opinion Chad could focus on football the way players are expected to here.

I hope I'm wrong, but Bruschi has had pretty good instincts about players like Maroney and Meriweather before. If there's two players who ever played on the Patriots who were totally focused, it's Bru and Rodney. are you going to argue about that too?

They were focused. I'm not debating that.

They also did things that human beings do on their off days. They did not live monastic lives. Bruschi, in particular, spent plenty of time doing things in front of cameras and radio shows and ribbon cuttings and you name it on off days when he played. And those things took up more time than a tweet.

Is that a riddle?

No. You're acting as if using a Twitter account is some big issue. It takes less than 30 seconds to send a tweet.

I worked 10 hours today, I'm tired. Engaging in pointless, endless arguments is my relaxation sometimes.

You figure Butler's shot confidence and tentative coverage was because he had a few more tweets than other players on the team?

So basically you're just a hypocrite. Football players can't relax after a long workday?

Is it also possible that Bruschi might have had contempt for Chad even before he got here. Kind of like Rayclay and Heath Evans?

B-I-N-G-O.

He and Rodney seem to definitely have that "What is that guy doing wearing my school colors" blush to them.

When Bruschi jumped so vehemently on a - - - what? - - complimentary tweet about how great Brady was on a night where Brady targeted Ochocinco only three times is just a bit bizarre.

Most (myself included) had been concerned that the big problem would be Ochocinco being disruptive if his ego wasn't satisfied with being targeted enough.

No. You're acting as if using a Twitter account is some big issue. It takes less than 30 seconds to send a tweet.

It's obviously not forbidden, but I always like how our team didn't talk until they took care of business. Now people are yakking 24/7, whether it's a tweet or a twat.

Personally don't care if Chad Bungie jumps naked from the Han**** Tower as long as he's focused on Sundays, so hopefully, he'll start to look more like a starting receiver soon.

Leigh Bodden and Julian Edelman seem to be setting records in comparison to Ochocinco.

They work 10 hours a day just like you. Why can't they relax?

Last edited:
So basically you're just a hypocrite. Football players can't relax after a long workday?

That's right. What's he making 5 million? I'll trade jobs and never tweet again.

Of course, I've never tweeted before, i think it's stupid.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back