PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't care really. Less talk of roomates and paying other people's fines seems good, maybe he needs to tweet all night to maintain focus, I don't know.

Just like to see him enthusiastic (during the game, about the game) and productive.

What Bru and Rodney think means more than what i think and i do listen to what they say, I think they've got a pretty good idea what makes the local team tick.

Well, you finally admit it

Tedy and Rodney had you pegged. Kinda bread and circuses.

Its a lose lose for people like Chad, He says he loves the pats, and they are awesome and he gets ripped on..if he had said something about not getting more plays, he would get ripped on.

DeionSanders DeionSanders
Teddy Bruschi needs a #HOP Chad @Ochocinco was honoring a teammate! Some folks are taller when the step up on another person.

Now Brady is gonna force balls into Ocho....could get ugly...Balls bouncing off the back of Ocho's small head. Ocho may even land wrong on his Tweeter box. Hope we can win the game after

Re: We won't be getting anymore impact free agents or trades.

The thread title should read, "We wont be getting any more SUPERDIVAS now". I mean, how many other players are out there who've implemented an actual name change to coincide with their jersey #, and are involved in multiple reality shows during the offseason. Are we gonna be seeking out that profile again in future FAs or thru trades?? I doubt it very seriously. Be specific here, OP. No need to over-generalize.

It's not cut and dry. He could have been considered off.

Ocho should have backed off the LOS like Branch was on the other side. Then there would be no question.

A simple adjustment that a Vet WR should make.

I'm trying to decide if this is the stupidest media created diversion for this team all time, or not. Its come down to either this or the hand shake controversy. Right now I'm leaning towards this.

Ocho should have backed off the LOS like Branch was on the other side. Then there would be no question.

A simple adjustment that a Vet WR should make.

Again, it's not cut and dry. If Johnson backs off and the TE is considered off by the official, that too is a penalty.

Tedy, Rodney, Christian Fauria and even Troy Brown has alluded to Chad not understanding the offense - yet. Anyone with some sense can see that this is true. Will it be true a month from now? I beleive it will be. Many of you beleive it will not be. I hope you are all right.

Again, it's not cut and dry. If Johnson backs off and the TE is considered off by the official, that too is a penalty.

It's very cut and dry, which is why the penalty was called. A TE in that position on the line is considered to be on the line of scrimmage.

It's very cut and dry, which is why the penalty was called. A TE in that position on the line is considered to be on the line of scrimmage.

You can keep making that claim if you wish. The thread specifically on this issue runs counter to your claim.

Last edited:
DeionSanders DeionSanders
Teddy Bruschi needs a #HOP Chad @Ochocinco was honoring a teammate! Some folks are taller when the step up on another person.

Maybe Deion should take a little of his own advise.

That's if he's done done daydreaming about running off into the sunset with Cam Newton.

I sure am glad Chad didn't tweet something negative about Brady.

Could you imagine the ammunition that would have provided for Tedy and Chad's critics?

Isn't it a little puzzling that the guy has been in the league for 11 years, yet he has difficulty reading defenses?

Isn't it a little puzzling that the guy has been in the league for 11 years, yet he has difficulty reading defenses?

I think his problem is less about reading defenses and more about not being able to pick up the offense.

It makes me nervous because it's almost to the point where he may be thinking too much. And that can be a bigger hinderence than almost anything.

I just spent 10 minutes reading through Pats news since the MNF game and culled the following comments from Pats players as they relate to Brady's performance.

Not quoted for accuracy but the key words are capitalized.

Slater - HONORED to play with Brady
Waters - Never played with a GREAT one before
Solder - It's AMAZING
Mayo - Sit back and ADMIRE

It seems as though Chad aint they only Pats player who is showering Brady with praise. I wonder if Tedy will chastise them and say that they need to "join the system" because they are nothing but spectators :rolleyes:

This is a great post. It reminds me that I don't want an NEP team full of Brady fanboys.

I want a team of men, men who, when Brady's hiding like a scared little girl, as he was in the Jets playoff game, will take the team on their shoulders and MAKE A WIN HAPPEN.

Defensively, this team still lacks swagger. I want defensive players who, when asked about how great Brady is, will say "F*ck Brady. Let's talk about how great this defense is."

Get a set of stones, guys.

Last edited:
Defensively, this team still lacks swagger. I want defensive players who, when asked about how great Brady is, will say "F*ck Brady. Let's talk about how great this defense is."

Get a set of stones, guys.

Bianca Wilfork, is this you?

I think his problem is less about reading defenses and more about not being able to pick up the offense.

It makes me nervous because it's almost to the point where he may be thinking too much. And that can be a bigger hinderence than almost anything.

I get annoyed about this crap of picking up the offense and other BS,Chad is a longtime veteran and has had enough time to catch a friggin ball in a game on more than occasion.

IMO The problem with Chad is the same problem with Randy when he was here, they cannot get S-E-P-A-R-A-T-I-O-N from cornerbacks anymore except for the rare occasion....We all of course hold up hope that speed is not the factor anymore and he will come around in a few weeks, but I think speed is an issue at this early/mid 30s receiver and once you are not feared by CBs like you were a few years ago,you are on your way to retirement or on a team as a VERY minor contributor.

Last edited:

Reading defenses is not the problem, its the route tree system they run, its the most complicated offense in the NFL. They have to go to the line of scrimmage and read the D then based on what they see know what branch of the tree to run and they better be on the same page as Brady.
TB and the reciever should come to the same conclusion and the reciever better be there and be precise because TB will throw it there.

All I heard all training camp was how hard Ocho was working and he was staying late working with Brady, so Im not sure where Teddi's coming from.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back