PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruce Irvin cut by Raiders

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Reiss‏Verified account @MikeReiss 6m6 minutes ago
DE Bruce Irvin to @vxmcclure23 after agreeing to terms with Falcons: “This was a dream [come] true. The Patriots and Steelers offered more money, but being able to play for my city and my people, you just can’t put a price on that.”

Even though he didn't pick us, at least he didn't pick the Steelers either.
This dummy could have signed with the Patriots and played the 2019 Super Bowl in his hometown of Atlanta.

Pats offered 1.6 lol

Last edited:
I hope we stay far from him in the Off season he's an Idiot.:rolleyes:

Pats offered 1.6 lol

My guess is around 2 but year...close enough to not make a huge difference. He doesn't want to win just either play at home or under Quinn again because Falcons aren't winning a SB

Some of these players don’t think with their heads. They think with their hearts. He’s taking less money to play for a team that may not make the playoffs? Um, ok...

He is taking less money to join a team where he feels comfortable in terms of scheme. This is not a stupid way to maybe compile some stats and be able to hit more in FA next year than he would be able to being a situational pass rusher for the Patriots.

That being said I agree that this does not speak well for his competitiveness.

I’m still going to claim Krafty Bob wouldn’t pay up.

I’m still going to claim Krafty Bob wouldn’t pay up.

Pats offered more $$....He could have said that to make Falcons feels better or their fans but

Pats offered more $$....He could have said that to make Falcons feels better or their fans but
Yeah could be, the LeBron would have gone to Ohio State move. I’m sure Pats made an honest effort, would have been a nice get. Can’t do much if he honestly wanted to go home.

He is taking less money to join a team where he feels comfortable in terms of scheme. This is not a stupid way to maybe compile some stats and be able to hit more in FA next year than he would be able to being a situational pass rusher for the Patriots.

That being said I agree that this does not speak well for his competitiveness.

He already has a Super Bowl ring and he's young enough that with a good showing in Atlanta, he'll get a nice last contract. And Atlanta's still in the thick of the hunt for a wild card spot, so it's not like he signed with the Jets or Browns. He's already getting his salary from Detroit too. Patriots didn't have a lot to leverage with him.

Comments:

a.) We are taking Rapoport at face value here....just sayin'

b.) I was glad we at least jumped into the bidding....and moreso that the Steelers didn't get him.

I am not sure what shot they will have ? To make the playoffs ? They are screwed at safety which in their defense is kinda a big deal.

Atlanta finishes with:

@Cle
Dal
@NO
Bal
@GB
Ari
@Car
@TB

Looks like a 5-3 finish to me (losses @NO, @GB, and @Car) for a 9-7 record. However, if they win one of those games...they could be 10-6....might be enough for the 6th seed in the NFC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST