PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brown Goes Off, Takes Shots at Patriots Owner Robert Kraft on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not disagreeing the text (not tweet) was an extremely stupid, dumb, ignorant thing to do. I couldn't believe it when I read it.

I believe his tweet (that is the topic of this thread) refers to as he says different strokes for different folks, which as another poster noted, is kinda hilarious.

No. The unsolicited group text was not just (as you put it) "extremely stupid, dumb, ignorant thing to do". It was a malevolent act of intimidation. Please do not characterize it like making a tax mistake or forgetting one's car keys.

You can choose to laugh it off as just some stupid mistake. Most of the rest of the world knows it for what it truly was. It's your conscious choice, at this point, to be willfully blind to it.

Last edited:
Eh, I'm sure Vencol and TBR are nice people. A bit misguided on this issue but I wouldn't wish that on any one. It's always ok to agree to disagree.

Yeah, you’re right. But I’m so damn tired of having to endure the consequences of us getting so good at preventing Darwinian Selection from culling the herd.

Argue in the other thread. Help it get to 10,000. ;) (Or maybe merge this one over there too...)

Wherever he goes, Antonio Brown is the gift that keeps on giving, ain't he!

Serious question - where is the documented information that he was told not to text/communicate with anyone? Yes..it's common sense..but that's not what I'm asking. The only documented information I saw was that the league and Patriots told Brown not to contact anyone AFTER the SI article/texts were published.

Last edited:
NOTHING.....N-O-T-H-I-N-G from the release from employment of the player was due to the rape allegation civil lawsuit.

It all came from him contacting the artist accuser who is not even filing any civil lawsuit.

The artist accuser was contact by group text by Antonio Brown and his posse for the sole intention of intimidation. THAT is why he was summarily let go from employment. There is currently NO judgement on Antonio Brown from a legal court system. It is merely an employment issue. And it was handled perfectly well per his contract.

If Bob Kraft contracts and intimidates any victim accusers (if there are any) in his case, then he should face the same scrutiny/penalties from the league (which has NOT at this time punished Antonio Brown at all).

This has been discussed ad nauseum for 500+ pages on this website. It is what it is.
I'm not sure how you can be so positive about the reason he was let go since the Patriots (that I'm aware of) haven't given a reason.

This is what we do know:
1. AB sends texts on Wednesday evening.
2. Lawyers send letter to NFL on Thursday evening about text and includes this:
SmartSelect_20190923-001112_Firefox.jpg

3. NFL contacts Patriots and AB Thursday evening about the matter.
4. NFL meets painter on Friday morning over her allegations of what happened 2 years ago.
5. Patriots release AB on Friday afternoon.
6. Lawyer for painter offers following after AB is cut:
SmartSelect_20190923-001112_Firefox.jpg
SmartSelect_20190923-000249_Firefox.jpg

7. NFL issues statement on AB on Friday night that said:

SmartSelect_20190923-001821_Firefox.jpg

Again, imo it is naive to believe sending the texts is the reason AB got released. NFL threatened to place him on exempt list, so Pats relwased him. This has absolutely nothing to do with advocating for AB.

I find it interesting that we now find out painter was in ABs bedroom while he was having sex with another woman. This is one open minded and very focused painter.

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190923-001510_Firefox.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190923-001510_Firefox.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 2
Serious question - where is the documented information that he was told not to text/communicate with anyone? Yes..it's common sense..but that's not what I'm asking. The only documented information I saw was that the league and SI told Brown not to contact anyone AFTER the SI article/texts were published.

The NFL personal conduct policy, to which every player signs onto, specifically prohibits stalking, harassment or similar forms of intimidation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/21/antonio-brown-patriots-how-deal-dissolved/

I'm not sure how you can be so positive about the reason he was let go since the Patriots (that I'm aware of) haven't given a reason.

This is what we do know:
1. AB sends texts on Wednesday evening.
2. Lawyers send letter to NFL on Thursday evening about text and includes this:
View attachment 24370

3. NFL contacts Patriots and AB Thursday evening about the matter.
4. NFL meets painter on Friday morning over her allegations of what happened 2 years ago.
5. Patriots release AB on Friday afternoon.
6. Lawyer for painter offers following after AB is cut:
View attachment 24370
View attachment 24369

7. NFL issues statement on AB on Friday night that said:

View attachment 24374

Again, imo it is naive to believe sending the texts is the reason AB got released. NFL threatened to place him on exempt list, so Pats relwased him. This has absolutely nothing to do with advocating for AB.

I find it interesting that we now find out painter was in ABs bedroom while he was having sex with another woman. This is one open minded and very focused painter.

Is that all your work, or are you cutting and pasting unattributed links from the media?

The NFL personal conduct policy, to which every player signs onto, specifically prohibits stalking, harassment or similar forms of intimidation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2019/09/21/antonio-brown-patriots-how-deal-dissolved/

Thanks! - I'm sure every player hasn't read every single word of every single contract in the NFL, but anyways what I get from this is that they didn't tell him explicitly until afterwards, and then the rest is up to debate as to whether or not those texts were actually a form of intimidation, or a form of a frustration by what seemed like people piling on to get some $$ (from his perspective).

No. The unsolicited group text was not just (as you put it) "extremely stupid, dumb, ignorant thing to do". It was a malevolent act of intimidation, not making a tax mistake or forgetting one's car keys.

You can choose to laugh it off as just some stupid mistake. Most of the rest of the world knows it for what it truly was. It's your conscious choice, at this point, to be willfully blind to it.

Huh? Who is laughing the text off?

You are confusing what I said about the text (that it was dumb) with what I said about the AB tweet posted on Sunday, the reason Ian started this thread.

AB's TWEET (not the text) said "different strokes for different folks" when comparing way NFL treated Krafts case with his. Which is funny because Kraft was getting stroked. Get it? You and I don't seem to be communicating so I'll just say good night.

Yeah, you’re right. But I’m so damn tired of having to endure the consequences of us getting so good at preventing Darwinian Selection from culling the herd.
Hahaha you must be WHITE

Thanks! - I'm sure every player hasn't read every single word of every single contract in the NFL, but anyways what I get from this is that they didn't tell him explicitly until afterwards, and then the rest is up to debate as to whether or not those texts were actually a form of intimidation, or a form of a frustration by what seemed like people piling on to get some $$ (from his perspective).

The unsolicited group text of him and his posse to this woman, threatening to dig up an investigation process against her was a form of harrassment and intimidation by Antonio Brown. It was not an informational courtesy call.

Your claim that ".....the rest is up to debate as to whether or not those texts were actually a form of intimidation" is comical.

From SI article, all of it.

For legal purposes, to protect this website, you should always include links attributing media sources. We are all guests here on Ian's website and should respect he all does to supply us this messageboard.

Huh? Who is laughing the text off?

You are confusing what I said about the text (that it was dumb) with what I said about the AB tweet posted on Sunday, the reason Ian started this thread.

AB's TWEET (not the text) said "different strokes for different folks" when comparing way NFL treated Krafts case with his. Which is funny because Kraft was getting stroked. Get it? You and I don't seem to be communicating so I'll just say good night.

You have severe communications problems.

You wrote "Not disagreeing the text (not tweet) was an extremely stupid, dumb, ignorant thing to do. I couldn't believe it when I read it."

Once again: The TEXT (which was an unsolicited group text to the artist) was not merely "dumb" or "ignorant". More importantly, it was malevolent intimidation. That is far worse than dumb.

I'm not writing about the stupid Sunday TWEETs.

Good night. Hopefully someone can help you write your posts in the future.

The unsolicited group text of him and his posse to this woman, threatening to dig up an investigation process against her was a form of harrassment and intimidation by Antonio Brown. It was not an informational courtesy call.

Your claim that ".....the rest is up to debate as to whether or not those texts were actually a form of intimidation" is comical.

I'm sure he feels it was not a courtesy call for her to go and paint a bad picture of him without talking to him first either. There was no formal accusation in a formal environment. There wasn't a formal complaint filed with HR in the workplace, or a police report, or a civil suit. This is a personal acquaintance from his private life saying something in a news story written by someone intending to dig up dirt (if you think otherwise - did they interview Brown for the SI piece?).

Imagine for a moment you’ve been falsely accused of something by someone that you read in a newspaper story. Who do you go to to complain? There is no context for it. Common sense says you contact your lawyer, but I'm not pretending he has all-world street smarts.

He texted his frustration definitely in a poor manner, but again – take away the presumption of guilt and consider the above context... Maybe he's guilty - but I haven't seen anything conclusive on that. Maybe he's actually innocent - and this whole life (and $30+ million dollars) just got ruined by false accusations. Again - yes he did a dumb thing with that group text...but he acted on emotion, and was told afterwards to cut out all communications with his accussers. And btw, he fully practiced after the last allegations came out. To say they cut him because he didn't follow their instructions (that he wasn't given until after his poor judgement call) doesn't make too much sense to me.

Pats gave the man a fair shot, fresh start
Chance at redemption

AB will not get the money
Teams must have the right to
not be punished for giving a man a fair chance
and then penalized for doing the right thing.

This is 100% on AB
And everyone knows it.
Will Goodell give him the year off?
Magic 8-Ball says:
Yes
Any updates on this?:
2019-9-21 ab dealer.JPG

I'm sure he feels it was not a courtesy call for her to go and paint a bad picture of him without talking to him first either. There was no formal accusation in a formal environment. There wasn't a formal complaint filed with HR in the workplace, or a police report, or a civil suit. This is a personal acquaintance from his private life saying something in a news story written by someone intending to dig up dirt (if you think otherwise - did they interview Brown for the SI piece?).

Imagine for a moment you’ve been falsely accused of something by someone that you read in a newspaper story. Who do you go to to complain? There is no context for it. Common sense says you contact your lawyer, but I'm not pretending he has all-world street smarts.

He texted his frustration definitely in a poor manner, but again – take away the presumption of guilt and consider the above context... Maybe he's guilty - but I haven't seen anything conclusive on that. Maybe he's actually innocent - and this whole life (and $30+ million dollars) just got ruined by false accusations. Again - yes he did a dumb thing with that group text...but he acted on emotion, and was told afterwards to cut out all communications with his accussers. And btw, he fully practiced after the last allegations came out. To say they cut him because he didn't follow their instructions (that he wasn't given until after his poor judgement call) doesn't make too much sense to me.

Another poster claiming it was just "dumb". And excusing it as "acting out of emotion".

No.

Once again, getting your posse together and group texting the woman is INTIMIDATION. She didn't even who the other three people were whom AB had included in the group text (and to whom he gave he cell number). As the above post linked to Klemko's twitter states, her attorney had to do a subsequent search and found out on was a convicted steroid and drug dealer. So THAT is whom AB gave her cell phone number to without her authorization an brought on the group text.

All the other previous allegations were done (or not done) BEFORE he was a Patriot. This group texting event was the first issue that occurred while a Patriot.

It is what it is. He's gone. If you're so upset at the Patriots and so enamored of Antonio Brown - - it is a FREE COUNTRY, BUB. By all means do what you care to do to support him however you choose. Punish the Patriots in the only way you can. Don't support them financially. Buy Antonio's new jersey from his new team's fan shop (if he does ever play again). People can vote with their wallets. It's in your power.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore