PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NEW ARTICLE: Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Some interesting tidbits from Steve:

Belichick appeared on the Pat McAfee show and confirmed that most of the rumors that pop up at this time of year are the work of agents trying to drum up added interest in their respective clients or get them a bigger payday. Does it mean that it is all BS (horse hockey)? No, but …
As Belichick added, the real information from teams normally comes out the day before or the day of the draft. This is still “disinformation season.”

As if we haven't heard or read enough contradictory opinions disguised as facts already. I may have to turn off the internet until Thursday night.

In the past several years, I have looked at many ESPN reports (with the exception of Mike Reiss and Field Yates) with a jaundiced eye. But after watching the docuseries The Dynasty and listening to Robert Kraft’s comments about Belichick both during the series and since being let go, I now have to admit that there may possibly be some truth to this.
I’m not saying that it is accurate or false, but looking at it in a vacuum can make sense. How? Well, Kraft took a beating in the court of public opinion from the fan base when Tom Brady left and won a Super Bowl with the Bucs.
If Belichick had left, broken Don Shula’s record, and won a Super Bowl with the Falcons, the fans’ outcry against the ownership would have reached unfathomable heights. And if Belichick had left and been successful, who would then be left to blame?
We do know that CEO Rich McKay and GM Terry Fontenot didn’t want to work with Belichick. But that had more to do with them holding onto their jobs rather than anything else.

I'm not one to easily be persuaded to agree with conspiracy theories, but this ongoing story has caused me to wonder if there really is something going on here.

Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, entering the final year of his contract, sounds like he’s resigned to playing elsewhere in 2025. Appearing at a fundraising gala in Dallas, Prescott’s earlier optimism this offseason about the subject of his contract has taken on a different tone.
“I’m not going to say I fear being here or not. I don’t fear either situation, to be candid with you,” Prescott said via The Athletic.
“I love this game, love to play, and love to better myself as a player and my teammates around me. Right now, it’s with the Dallas Cowboys; it’s where I want to be, and that’s where I am, and that’s the focus. And after the season, we’ll see where we’re at and if the future holds that. And if not, we’ll go from there.”

Despite their playing on local television network station nearly every week of every football season, I have happily not thought about the Cowboys since seeing them be humiliated in a home playoff one-and-done loss to Green Bay. I'm not a fan of drama, but I make an exception for anything related to Jerry Jones.

“They’ve made seven playoff appearances in his (McKay’s) entire time there. 21 years. The guy they’re interviewing went to [nine] Super Bowls — they’re judging this,” Lombardi said. “They lost a Super Bowl to the gentleman, and they had six seasons of under eight wins. They’re the standard for evaluation?”
Michael Lombardi on Falcons CEO Rich McKay, GM Terry Fontenot, and senior Personnel Director Ryan Pace, were clearly not wanting to work with Bill Belichick because they were all afraid of losing their jobs.​
Lombardi is biased, but he does make an interesting point.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
Back