PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer believes Patriots would consider trading Mac to Raiders

I’d be upset if they just traded him straight up for a 2nd rd pick. I’d have to see a decent haul. Not all-pro multiple firsts type of haul, but a promising young QB on a rookie deal deserves more than a 2nd rd pick.
It is a pretty high second, at least (#38). Perhaps #38 plus another pick. I don’t think they’re sending #7.

Adams, McDaniels and the Las Vegas Raiders. This team isn't going anywhere unless Adams is on board with it and McDaniels career is in the toilet if he fails again next season.

Belichick wants to win, he's 70, he's chasing Shula and he wants one last Super Bowl. If he thinks trading Mac for whatever compensation and going with another QB gives him a better opportunity then he's doing it.

I don't think a Mac trade to Vegas is happening because McDaniels can't be that stupid.
I wonder. I think Bill wants to win but I also think Kraft may be weighing in a lot more after how shoddily things were run last year. If Bill says he wants to trade the 1st round QB he just drafted two seasons ago he will probably need a pretty convincing plan of next steps after that to get Kraft to be fine with it. I don’t think Kraft would try to block the move, but I’m sure Bill wants Kraft on board.

Oh and remember, McDaniels drafted Tebow in the 1st round, I don’t think we should make assumptions about his decision making with personnel.

If Mac develops we have a franchise QB, if we stink we have a good chance at a QB prospect next year or maybe zappe is the guy.

There is no benefit in trading Mac unless raiders give us their number 7 and their second rounder for our number 14 . Not gonna happen anyways!!! Lamar is going to raiders .
The bigger issue is that there is no great replacement in free agency or a trade.

Rodgers is in his 40's and plays the will he or won't he retire game every year. Your best case scenario is two years of him balling out before bailing. Even if that happens, we know he historically hates playing on teams without elite WR talent. Carr is on the wrong side of 30, has never been the guy, and is declining. Jimmy G is just a ticking time bomb of injuries and he is also 30, no eggs in that basket. Lamar would really mandate you change the way you build the entire team, at that point you throw everything out the window.

It's basically Mac or drafting in the 2024 draft for a QB imo.

I always believe ex-felons...you go Al!

images

If Bill and Josh make a trade, it just how how dysfunctional both franchises are. Pats trade a guy because they don't like how Mac handled himself after being set up for failure and the Raiders give up on guy who is clearly better than Mac at this stage of their careers. Josh would be going down a bad path again like he did in Denver.

I’d be upset if they just traded him straight up for a 2nd rd pick. I’d have to see a decent haul. Not all-pro multiple firsts type of haul, but a promising young QB on a rookie deal deserves more than a 2nd rd pick.
Don't worry it will never happen.

Last edited:
Adams, McDaniels and the Las Vegas Raiders. This team isn't going anywhere unless Adams is on board with it and McDaniels career is in the toilet if he fails again next season.

Belichick wants to win, he's 70, he's chasing Shula and he wants one last Super Bowl. If he thinks trading Mac for whatever compensation and going with another QB gives him a better opportunity then he's doing it.

I don't think a Mac trade to Vegas is happening because McDaniels can't be that stupid.

Belichick put a guy with virtually no offensive experience in as the offensive coordinator in a critical year for his young QB last year and you are going to say that he will trade a QB who got 10 wins in his rookie season with a real offensive coordinator because he wants to get enough wins to beat Shula. Seriously, you Mac haters have the silliest theories. No offense.

As for Adams, he is a WR who is under contract. If the Raiders want to bring in Cam Newton, he will have to deal with it. He doesn’t have to sign off on any QB. This is your most ridiculous theory yet that a team has to get buy in from their WR on who is the QB.

It is a pretty high second, at least (#38). Perhaps #38 plus another pick. I don’t think they’re sending #7.

I don’t see the Pats trading Jones for less than a first. So it ain’t happening. I don’t think they will even entertain an offer for a trade unless it is a first and other picks. I don’t see the Pats giving up on Jones after a promising rookie season and Belichick and Patricia sabotaging his second season.

Belichick put a guy with virtually no offensive experience in as the offensive coordinator in a critical year for his young QB last year and you are going to say that he will trade a QB who got 10 wins in his rookie season with a real offensive coordinator because he wants to get enough wins to beat Shula. Seriously, you Mac haters have the silliest theories. No offense.
Threads like this are catnip to that section of the fanbase.

Counterpoint: Jimmy survived longer than any other 49ers QB last year :D
Watching most of their games from the whirlpool tub.

BTW @crawhammer, what if Davante Adam’s says to the Raiders that he will only play for Aaron Rodgers and will not play with any other QB and the Packers refuse to trade him? Do the Raiders go without a QB in 2023?

How does Breer stay employed with this ****?
This is why I don't read many of the links posted here. I enjoy seeing the discussions that come from them more.

I think Breer talks without moving his lips enough.

The fact that the Pats brought in O’Brien tells me that Jones isn’t going anywhere. O’Brien is a perfect OC for Mac Jones, but wouldn’t be for a lot of other QBs. The fact they brought in BOB and not one of the other candidates they interviewed tells me that they are going to make a good faith effort to see if Jones can be a franchise QB. Otherwise, they would have brought someone more experienced with the Shanahan offense which they tried to move to last year and quickly failed.

I wonder. I think Bill wants to win but I also think Kraft may be weighing in a lot more after how shoddily things were run last year. If Bill says he wants to trade the 1st round QB he just drafted two seasons ago he will probably need a pretty convincing plan of next steps after that to get Kraft to be fine with it. I don’t think Kraft would try to block the move, but I’m sure Bill wants Kraft on board.

Oh and remember, McDaniels drafted Tebow in the 1st round, I don’t think we should make assumptions about his decision making with personnel.
I have no idea what I hit. Obviously a new icon just no idea what it means. Take it it's not good bc it's a jete logo? I haven't been on here much the past week.

He reckons... That's it. Literally nothing in this but a reckon..

Chris Gasper was talking about this a couple of weeks ago. his scenario was this:
Pats send Mac and their second for LV's 1st (pick 7).
His reasoning was that Josh really liked Mac, as did Ziegler. He was THEIR pick, according to Gasper. If they don't see a better QB at 7 - he didn't think they would - they get their QB.

For the Pats, he said BB wasn't thrilled with Mac right now (we can all see that) and that Kraft really loved Jimmy G and BB liked him, as well. And to top it off, Jimmy was a fan favorite here, undeniably.

So in Gasper's scenario, the Pats sign Jimmy G and have picks 7 and 14 to play with and bring in some talent, while the Raiders get their QB for their first pick (two years and lots of playing time under his belt and still with 3 years of cheap control) AND get a mid-round second to boot.

I hate to say it, but it makes sense when you look at it that way. If BB and RK prefer Jimmy and can get him, this wouldn't surprise me at all.

I have no idea what I hit. Obviously a new icon just no idea what it means. Take it it's not good bc it's a jete logo? I haven't been on here much the past week.
Yeah there’s a group of Lombardi’s and a flaming JETE dumpster fire. The first icon ties into the “upvote” system we had before, where many upvotes on a post would give it some recognition. The dumpster is currently just localized and not an aggregate (doesn’t accumulate with other people who click it from an end-user point of view) but we can see it on the back end if a ton of people are clicking it on a specific post. It’s kind of like the Report button but obviously far less severe and you don’t need to fill anything out.

Chris Gasper was talking about this a couple of weeks ago. his scenario was this:
His reasoning was that Josh really liked Mac, as did Ziegler. He was THEIR pick, according to Gasper. If they don't see a better QB at 7 - he didn't think they would - they get their QB.

For the Pats, he said BB wasn't thrilled with Mac right now (we can all see that) and that Kraft really loved Jimmy G and BB liked him, as well. And to top it off, Jimmy was a fan favorite here, undeniably.

So in Gasper's scenario, the Pats sign Jimmy G and have picks 7 and 14 to play with and bring in some talent, while the Raiders get their QB for their first pick (two years and lots of playing time under his belt and still with 3 years of cheap control) AND get a mid-round second to boot.

I hate to say it, but it makes sense when you look at it that way. If BB and RK prefer Jimmy and can get him, this wouldn't surprise me at all.
I don't think Bill is as infatuated with Jimmy as he was when Jimmy was a Pat. Two years ago, he had the opportunity to trade #15 for Jimmy but instead drafted Mac. If we're going to bring up how much Bill loved Jimmy years ago, I think it's just as fair to point out that Bill was pissed when Jimmy refused to play hurt and they were forced to turn to the third-string QB. Everything from Jimmy's career since then has confirmed that he's made of glass.

I think the reports that Bill is so angry at Mac for showing his emotions in a losing season that he's now willing to essentially reverse his call two years ago aren't very believable.

This is never going to happen....

They would run McDaniels out of town if he traded the #7 pick for Mac Jones. They jut released David Carr and got no compensation for him. By any measurable aside from age, Carr is better than Mac. Now you want them to trade the 7th pick in the draft for him?

The Mayock experiment will haunt the Raiders for years, I've never seen a team squander so many first round picks, hell even the Jets find a nut now and then. Just goes to show you how good any "expert" on TV really is. Reminds me of the old adage, "those that can, do, those that can't, teach!"

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back