PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breer believes Patriots would consider trading Mac to Raiders

If Mac develops we have a franchise QB, if we stink we have a good chance at a QB prospect next year or maybe zappe is the guy.

There is no benefit in trading Mac unless raiders give us their number 7 and their second rounder for our number 14 . Not gonna happen anyways!!! Lamar is going to raiders .

I would be all for this but the article is pure conjecture

OFC it is. To be fair though, we are in the pure conjecture time of the NFL year.
Me, If I was Breer I'd conjecture Rodgers to Vegas. A much meatier bone for Breer's national following to chew on.

Anyone think Davante Adams would be excited about his new QB Mac Jones?

This trade isn't happening.

Carr has missed only 3 games his whole NFL career.

Jimmy is doing good if he lasts 3 straight practices.
I agree I prefer Carr but Jimmy G is Belichicks binkie always has been.
I would welcome either one.

Useless speculation with no basis in fact. Cool.
I’ve noticed that Breer is right about 20% of the time. He’s usually not plugged in but seems to have maybe one or two sources and does have some info from time to time.

Anyone think Davante Adams would be excited about his new QB Mac Jones?

This trade isn't happening.

Although I agree with you this trade isn’t happening, who cares what Adam’s thinks. He has no say in it. He went to Las Vegas specifically because he wanted to play with Derek Carr. I am not seeing him demanding a trade now that the Raiders cut Carr.

This is pure speculation by Breer. I don’t think Kraft would allow it. I don’t see Belichick doing it in part he will lose the locker room if the Patriots offense doesn’t perform next year and Jones plays well in Las Vegas. The locker room mostly sided with Jones last year. It will not sit well with them if he is scapegoated.

Useless speculation with no basis in fact. Cool.

It is a hot take nothing more. The way Kraft talked about Jones on Fox Business, I cannot see Jones going anywhere. I don’t think Belichick has the authority to make that decision unilaterally after his Patricia/Judge experiment.

Although I agree with you this trade isn’t happening, who cares what Adam’s thinks. He has no say in it. He went to Las Vegas specifically because he wanted to play with Derek Carr. I am not seeing him demanding a trade now that the Raiders cut Carr.

This is pure speculation by Breer. I don’t think Kraft would allow it. I don’t see Belichick doing it in part he will lose the locker room if the Patriots offense doesn’t perform next year and Jones plays well in Las Vegas. The locker room mostly sided with Jones last year. It will not sit well with them if he is scapegoated.
The fact that there were “sides” and that Jones had a “side” to be taken and that the players took his and not the coaches’ (even if the coaches were awful) probably doesn’t sit well with Bill, though. I’m sure he understands why Mac felt how he did, but I’m also sure he would love to have a guy at QB who does what he’s told and doesn’t need to be managed. Not that I think Mac is a diva or anything like that, but you know what I mean.

The fact that there were “sides” and that Jones had a “side” to be taken and that the players took his and not the coaches’ (even if the coaches were awful) probably doesn’t sit well with Bill, though. I’m sure he understands why Mac felt how he did, but I’m also sure he would love to have a guy at QB who does what he’s told and doesn’t need to be managed. Not that I think Mac is a diva or anything like that, but you know what I mean.

All accounts say Belichick in private is brutally honest about himself and the team. He gets why the team took sides even if he didn’t agree with Jones’ actions or not. He also probably knows that if he trades away Jones that it could cause him to lose the team if the team struggles this year and Jones is successful elsewhere.

My guess is that O’Brien will be a buffer between Bill and Jones. By accounts, O’Brien and Jones has a good relationship.

But again, I don’t think Belichick has the authority to trade away Jones. I just don’t think he can make such a bold move without Kraft’s approval after last year.

I wouldn’t mov Mac unless it was for a quality pick package. Pats aren’t going to move on from Mac unless the Raiders make it worth for NE.

Where I have to sign, do it

It is a hot take nothing more. The way Kraft talked about Jones on Fox Business, I cannot see Jones going anywhere. I don’t think Belichick has the authority to make that decision unilaterally after his Patricia/Judge experiment.
My understanding is that owners must sign off on trades. I know that Kraft insisted on talking to Moss face-to-face before allowing the 2007 trade to go through (this is why it happened on day 2 of the draft).

Carr has missed only 3 games his whole NFL career.

Jimmy is doing good if he lasts 3 straight practices.
Counterpoint: Jimmy survived longer than any other 49ers QB last year :D

Although I agree with you this trade isn’t happening, who cares what Adam’s thinks.
Adams, McDaniels and the Las Vegas Raiders. This team isn't going anywhere unless Adams is on board with it and McDaniels career is in the toilet if he fails again next season.

I don’t see Belichick doing it in part he will lose the locker room if the Patriots offense doesn’t perform next year and Jones plays well in Las Vegas. The locker room mostly sided with Jones last year. It will not sit well with them if he is scapegoated.
Belichick wants to win, he's 70, he's chasing Shula and he wants one last Super Bowl. If he thinks trading Mac for whatever compensation and going with another QB gives him a better opportunity then he's doing it.

I don't think a Mac trade to Vegas is happening because McDaniels can't be that stupid.

Carr had a bad season - 24 TDs - (4) 4th quarter comebacks and 3 game winning drives.

Ship Corky on the next bus to Vegas,

JaWsH cAn WiN wItH aNy ToP 15 qB!

Derek Carr plays like a top 15 QB

hOwZ hE sPoSeD tO WiN wItH DeReK cArR!

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back