PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Diggs traded to Texans

Jets win the Division and/or the Super Bowl this time of year, every year.
Right now they have the best roster in our division

If they want to keep tearing down the team we’ll take Josh Allen off their hands.
Exactly, if they’ve given up then help out a team used to winning instead ffs

Belichick’s top disciple was Ozzy Newsome.
I can bet you soon we'll hear reports that patriots were in on Diggs. Lol.. Diggs likely had to agree to going somewhere where the QB was already in place.

Once we get one in a few weeks I expect things to look up for us.

I guess we see what a 2-3 year rebuild looks like.

Get your QB and you're a contender.
Absolutely correct, and with Diggs there... Collins is still the #1.. that offense is going to be a problem!

Owners knew *exactly* what they were doing. Ride the tide of good results on the field, leverage a new Governor with local roots, let Park Avenue do its usual palm greasing, and out pops a new stadium largely paid for by taxpayers that will double the value of that franchise.

Meanwhile, in KC, the fans told their owner to GTFO. IMO within a decade KC will be another flyover city without an NFL team. Sad, but taking a stand against the NFL flim-flam operation almost always means you lose your team.
A guy from St. Louis called into NFL radio today when they were talking about the vote in KC and he said we’ll take the Chiefs. LOL!

Interesting move by Houston, they have a really good young receiver group, normally a team would bring in a veteran receiver with good leadership qualities. If they get a year with Diggs without souring the locker room the move could pay off. If it’s week 8 and he’s the third leading receiver on the team, it could be an interesting dynamic in the locker room.

Interesting move by Houston, they have a really good young receiver group, normally a team would bring in a veteran receiver with good leadership qualities. If they get a year with Diggs without souring the locker room the move could pay off. If it’s week 8 and he’s the third leading receiver on the team, it could be an interesting dynamic in the locker room.
I've heard nothing to suggest that Diggs is a bad influence on the locker room. You have a source for that accusation?

They always do.
Not true. At no point in the past 25 years did anyone say in April the Jets have the best roster.

This year, they probably do or, at the very least, are a close 2nd to Miami. It all depends on the wildly variable quality Aaron Rodgers gives coming off his injury.

Texans are going to be scary this year. And they only gave up next year's 2nd round pick to get him.
People are forgetting that Tank Dell may be even better this year. Was killing teams before his injury and Nico Collins is a stud as well

I've heard nothing to suggest that Diggs is a bad influence on the locker room. You have a source for that accusation?
NFL Radio Moving the Chains today (the two hosts went off), other sports radio shows on SIRIUS during the off-season. He has worn out his welcome with his previous two teams. Why else are the Bills eating 31 million, sending Diggs and two picks to Houston for a 2025 second round pick? He’s their best receiver, I believe he has a thousand yards each season playing with Josh Allen. They wanted him gone, they didn’t even wait for after the draft to see if they drafted a replacement.

People are forgetting that Tank Dell may be even better this year. Was killing teams before his injury and Nico Collins is a stud as well
Sounds like they will be loaded. And CJ Stroud is entering his second season. If he makes another leap forward, the Texans look like they will win their division easily and become a real threat this year.

yeah i get that... but the jete? they kept saleh, an ineffective clusterhump of a coach...

and my early, based on nothing prediction? rodgers isn't going to last the season...

I’m not giving you ****, I think that Buffalo and Miami are now dealing with the reality the patriots dealt with for 20 years, becoming successful isn’t the hard part, staying successful is. They no longer have high draft picks for star players, their QB’s are getting top dollar, limiting what others can be paid, and they are losing key players and replacing them with lesser players. The Jets will hit that reality soon, and they will be in even worse shape, as they won’t have a franchise qb. So if the Patriots make the right decisions I could see them back on top of the East by 26’, maybe even 25’ if everything goes perfect for them. For all the **** Belichick takes he was able to keep them at the top for 20 years, despite the league being constructed to make that almost impossible to do. He had the advantage of the GOAT, but even with that you still have to manage the rest of the team to stay on top.

BB type moves? eh... A randy moss signing this is not...

as for the punter, who knows... two years out of football? do punters "rust"?

and really, if the chiefs are relying on a punter, with mahomie in the fold, they are going backwards

Imo getting Randy Moss for a 4th, and then getting. 3rd for him a few years later is still one of the greatest trade’s in NFL history.

I can bet you soon we'll hear reports that patriots were in on Diggs. Lol.. Diggs likely had to agree to going somewhere where the QB was already in place.

Once we get one in a few weeks I expect things to look up for us.

It’s not surprising players don’t want to come here right now. But I’m confident they will change that over the next year or so.

worse than jimmy g trade?
ha, I dunno. I guess Buffalo just decided it was time to re-set. I actually think they're right. They got as far as they can with this bunch. Josh is still young, so they can take a few years to re-stock and try again.

It’s not surprising players don’t want to come here right now. But I’m confident they will change that over the next year or so.
Totally agree. I'm happy that ownership knows this. I also do not think we are going to be a bad team this season. I honestly think we will suprise people. Getting the QB is everything. At this point I'm going to trust that wolf gets the right guy that can lead Mayo's team.

I’m not giving you ****, I think that Buffalo and Miami are now dealing with the reality the patriots dealt with for 20 years, becoming successful isn’t the hard part, staying successful is. They no longer have high draft picks for star players, their QB’s are getting top dollar, limiting what others can be paid, and they are losing key players and replacing them with lesser players. The Jets will hit that reality soon, and they will be in even worse shape, as they won’t have a franchise qb. So if the Patriots make the right decisions I could see them back on top of the East by 26’, maybe even 25’ if everything goes perfect for them. For all the **** Belichick takes he was able to keep them at the top for 20 years, despite the league being constructed to make that almost impossible to do. He had the advantage of the GOAT, but even with that you still have to manage the rest of the team to stay on top.
i didn't take it as you were... apologies if it came across that way. not my intent

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back