PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Breaking: Diggs traded to Texans

I've heard nothing to suggest that Diggs is a bad influence on the locker room. You have a source for that accusation?
Diggs seems to be a general pain in the ass. Moody and somewhat unpredictable. Forced his way out of Minnesota because he wanted a new deal which to some extent is the status quo in the NFL then he got a big deal in Buffalo and seemed to become unhappy there right away.

For a long time, they put up with the passive-aggressive comments, with the All-Pro little brother insulting them and Josh Allen, with other NFL friends proclaiming he deserved better than Buffalo. They endured Diggs’ refusal to ever push back on the chirping. When I asked him about Trevon Diggs shoveling shade last season, Stefon took offense that anybody would dare question his family and altogether ignored the concept of defending the Bills. They hadn’t said anything when Stefon Diggs dragged a team employee whom a hot mic had caught chiding him for being difficult to work with. As recently as Tuesday night, Diggs seemed to take another shot at Allen’s wherewithal. Replying on social media to someone who opined a “top-tier receiver” is not “essential” to the franchise quarterback’s success, Diggs said: “You sure?” Folks at One Bills Drive once again saw a player who’s as likely to jab co-workers in public as defend them.

For the past couple seasons, there was turbulence. After the Cincinnati Bengals bounced the Bills from the 2022-23 playoffs, an emotional game in which a gesticulating Diggs seemed to wear out Allen and then-quarterbacks coach Joe Brady on the bench, Diggs infamously stormed out of the locker room so fast the pressbox assistant coaches hadn’t gotten inside for McDermott to deliver his postgame speech. Practice squad running back Duke Johnson tracked down Diggs in the Highmark Stadium tunnel and begged him not to leave. All was rationalized — same as two months earlier, when Diggs screamed at McDermott on the sideline — as Diggs being the ultimate competitor for the most part, although Hall of Fame targets Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe, with three Super Bowl rings apiece, found Diggs’ act to be contemptuous to the team ideal. Competitiveness, however, morphed into a lengthy rift last offseason. When the Bills convened for mandatory minicamp, Diggs wasn’t on the practice field. McDermott said he was “very concerned” about the absence, but he and Diggs have refused to divulge what the problem was.

Until now.

KC has been making BB type moves while others are napping. Landing that Punter was brilliant.
Lol is this a serious post?

Lol is this a serious post?
Are you for real? HAHA

I thought the Chiefs’ punter did a hell of a job in the playoffs.

He averaged 47 Y/P which is good for 17th in the league. He also only had 20 punts downed inside the 20. Good for 26th in the NFL.

Punt God averaged 51.17 Y/P his senior year, which would be 2nd in the NFL last year (yes, it's a different ball).

Buffalo could have signed him a mo. Th ago and it would have vastly improved their poor special teams, especially in their weather in late January.

But Terry Pagula is such a **** that he let's his wife (the "co-owner" who never made damn dime in her own and married the owner) likely make the "righteous" decision not to sign him.

As for the Chiefs, they truly are the Patriots 2.0. This is ****e Belichick used to do all the time in the Pats heyday. KC just got the best punter in the league... Crazy.

Are you for real? HAHA

He averaged 47 Y/P which is good for 17th in the league. He also only had 20 punts downed inside the 20. Good for 26th in the NFL.

Punt God averaged 51.17 Y/P his senior year, which would be 2nd in the NFL last year (yes, it's a different ball).

Buffalo could have signed him a mo. Th ago and it would have vastly improved their poor special teams, especially in their weather in late January.

But Terry Pagula is such a **** that he let's his wife (the "co-owner" who never made damn dime in her own and married the owner) likely make the "righteous" decision not to sign him.

As for the Chiefs, they truly are the Patriots 2.0. This is ****e Belichick used to do all the time in the Pats heyday. KC just got the best punter in the league... Crazy.
I know the football hardos will stick their noses up in the air and scoff at it but I couldn't care less about who our (or any of the other 31 teams) punter is. Punter is like running back. There might be one or two special ones but the difference in the other 30 of them is minimal.

I know the football hardos will stick their noses up in the air and scoff at it but I couldn't care less about who our (or any of the other 31 teams) punter is. Punter is like running back. There might be one or two special ones but the difference in the other 30 of them is minimal.
The Chiefs are paying him $700,000 in 2024 and saving 2 million on the cap moving on from Townsend.

Better punter for less money = BB move.

The Chiefs are winning Super Bowls from making these kind of moves.

The Chiefs are paying him $700,000 in 2024 and saving 2 million on the cap moving on from Townsend.

Yes, and they are winning Super Bowls because they have one of the best QB's to ever play the game.
====
But, yes, I do agree. Actions like this are making more Super Bowls more likely.

Paying Jake Bailey $13.5 million for 4 years only to cut him 6 months later = BBmove.

The Chiefs are winning super bowls because Patrick Mahomes is one of the most talented players in NFL history. Not because they cut a punter.

Diggs seems to be a general pain in the ass. Moody and somewhat unpredictable. Forced his way out of Minnesota because he wanted a new deal which to some extent is the status quo in the NFL then he got a big deal in Buffalo and seemed to become unhappy there right away.

For a long time, they put up with the passive-aggressive comments, with the All-Pro little brother insulting them and Josh Allen, with other NFL friends proclaiming he deserved better than Buffalo. They endured Diggs’ refusal to ever push back on the chirping. When I asked him about Trevon Diggs shoveling shade last season, Stefon took offense that anybody would dare question his family and altogether ignored the concept of defending the Bills. They hadn’t said anything when Stefon Diggs dragged a team employee whom a hot mic had caught chiding him for being difficult to work with. As recently as Tuesday night, Diggs seemed to take another shot at Allen’s wherewithal. Replying on social media to someone who opined a “top-tier receiver” is not “essential” to the franchise quarterback’s success, Diggs said: “You sure?” Folks at One Bills Drive once again saw a player who’s as likely to jab co-workers in public as defend them.

For the past couple seasons, there was turbulence. After the Cincinnati Bengals bounced the Bills from the 2022-23 playoffs, an emotional game in which a gesticulating Diggs seemed to wear out Allen and then-quarterbacks coach Joe Brady on the bench, Diggs infamously stormed out of the locker room so fast the pressbox assistant coaches hadn’t gotten inside for McDermott to deliver his postgame speech. Practice squad running back Duke Johnson tracked down Diggs in the Highmark Stadium tunnel and begged him not to leave. All was rationalized — same as two months earlier, when Diggs screamed at McDermott on the sideline — as Diggs being the ultimate competitor for the most part, although Hall of Fame targets Michael Irvin and Shannon Sharpe, with three Super Bowl rings apiece, found Diggs’ act to be contemptuous to the team ideal. Competitiveness, however, morphed into a lengthy rift last offseason. When the Bills convened for mandatory minicamp, Diggs wasn’t on the practice field. McDermott said he was “very concerned” about the absence, but he and Diggs have refused to divulge what the problem was.
Diggs is the definition of a diva WR. It will be interesting to see how the Texans manage the situation if he starts treating Stroud like he did Allen. Ideally they have a Willie Mac who is willing to take of the situation player to player. Otherwise he is a lot to deal with for a young QB.

Diggs is the definition of a diva WR. It will be interesting to see how the Texans manage the situation if he starts treating Stroud like he did Allen. Ideally they have a Willie Mac who is willing to take of the situation player to player. Otherwise he is a lot to deal with for a young QB.

Think about it: there's gotta be a good reason why BUF are willing to take a $30M cap hit and lose his services along with two late-round picks just for a 2nd next year.

Diggs definitely seems to fit that diva mold at receiver and now on his third team north of 30 I would think his leash will be much shorter. I also think Demeco Ryans will have a little bit more gravitas when it comes to dealing with Diggs as he is a younger guy and former player. If I were Houston the minute Diggs started making waves I would move on.

Think about it: there's gotta be a good reason why BUF are willing to take a $30M cap hit and lose his services along with two late-round picks just for a 2nd next year.

Yeah, I don't think it's Al Kaida. Probably Aye Kwitt.

Diggs definitely seems to fit that diva mold at receiver and now on his third team north of 30 I would think his leash will be much shorter. I also think Demeco Ryans will have a little bit more gravitas when it comes to dealing with Diggs as he is a younger guy and former player. If I were Houston the minute Diggs started making waves I would move on.
If not, I’m pretty sure Ryans can beat his ass in some off the record, wall to wall counseling.

Paying Jake Bailey $13.5 million for 4 years only to cut him 6 months later = BBmove.

The Chiefs are winning super bowls because Patrick Mahomes is one of the most talented players in NFL history. Not because they cut a punter.
Mahomes does his job when has the chance.

It still takes a team to win and teams need cap money.

Yes, and they are winning Super Bowls because they have one of the best QB's to ever play the game.
====
But, yes, I do agree. Actions like this are making more Super Bowls more likely.
The Pats did not win the Super Bowl every season when the GOAT was here.

I just heard that the Texans made a number of changes to Diggs contract that locks him into being a good citizen this year while allowing the team to move on if things don't go well. Caserio may actually know what he is doing.

The Texans also took the $3.5 million guaranteed to Diggs next season and moved up into this season, giving him a raise and assuring him of $22.52 million in guaranteed money in 2024. The Texans acquired Diggs on Wednesday, sending a 2025 second-round pick (via the Minnesota Vikings) to Buffalo.

Shefter hasn't seen an ass he won't kiss, if not tongue...

Mixed feelings about this trade on the Bills forum

They want to move up for MHJ lol back up the Brinks truck or good luck with that.

Mixed feelings about this trade on the Bills forum

They want to move up for MHJ lol back up the Brinks truck or good luck with that.

Hey, I did pose a joke scenario where the Bills pay is 25/26 first rounders and a handful of lower round picks for our 3rd pick to get MHJr in absence of Diggs and to make most of the time they have with Allen...

What level of payout would make it enticing?

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back