PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brandon Lloyd meeting with 49ers: Patriots are gonna blow it

Status
Not open for further replies.
"dog testacles"....somebody needs to find a combination with "dog faker" and make a Randy Moss "mom" joke....

If he was going to sign, he would have been in the fold by 10pm. Time to move on.

It took about four days for the Pats to land Welker. So it's not like it's all over at this point.

Moss and Lloyd in SF..hmmm. I would actually like to see that

"dog testacles"....somebody needs to find a combination with "dog faker" and make a Randy Moss "mom" joke....

is that photo a picture of you or your alcholic father

Tough to go along with "blow it" less than 24 hours into free agency

In 24 hours of free agency Colston is gone, V-Jax is gone, Garcon is gone, Wayne is gone, Meahem is gone and Josh Morgan is gone. You guys just don't get it do you, if you want a quality free agency then you have to start courting them right from the get go.

In 24 hours of free agency Colston is gone, V-Jax is gone, Garcon is gone, Wayne is gone, Meahem is gone and Josh Morgan is gone. You guys just don't get it do you, if you want a quality free agency then you have to start courting them right from the get go.

I think I would prefer a quality football team. And I seem to get one every year.

Given your post #45, it's very likely that you'll soon be gone, too.

That doesn't mean that the Patriots have had a bad free agency either.

I think I would prefer a quality football team. And I seem to get one every year.

The same quality football team that's always come up short of winning the big one since 04. If you're cool with just getting to the playoffs and getting bounced or going to the superbowl and coming up short then cudos to you but I'd prefer to see them go all the way.

Given your post #45, it's very likely that you'll soon be gone, too.

That doesn't mean that the Patriots have had a bad free agency either.

I mean the Patriots could totally surprise everyone and take a shot at a guy like Lee Evans and he'll come out and have a great year but the Patriots have gone that route the past couple of years and it just hasn't worked out. Most people thought Ocho Cinco would be a sure thing.

The same quality football team that's always come up short of winning the big one since 04. If you're cool with just getting to the playoffs and getting bounced or going to the superbowl and coming up short then cudos to you but I'd prefer to see them go all the way.

Yes, they didn't win for obvious reasons, none of which had to do with early FA signings.

And how would signing free agents, in isolation, on the first day of free agency, accomplish your goal? I like Lloyd but maybe Tom Condon wants VJax money for his client. Sign him and Your picks and you are at the cap, maybe over. See the problem? And that's just one example.

By the way, Ocho was acquired in a trade, like Albert Haynesworth. Andre Carter and Mark Anderson were free agent acquisitions. In August.

Yes, they didn't win for obvious reasons, none of which had to do with early FA signings.

And how would signing free agents, in isolation, on the first day of free agency, accomplish your goal? I like Lloyd but maybe Tom Condon wants VJax money for his client. Sign him and Your picks and you are at the cap, maybe over. See the problem? And that's just one example.

By the way, Ocho was acquired in a trade, like Albert Haynesworth. Andre Carter and Mark Anderson were free agent acquisitions. In August.

Exactly, signing Brandon Lloyd wouldn't exactly guarantee a Super Bowl win. It might help their chances, but it's not going to elevate them to another level. He would be the fourth target behind the big three, how much can you afford to pay your best fourth receiver?

That being said, I would really like to see him signed. We need depth so that when some career backup takes a cheap shot at the knee of our all-star TE because he's not skilled enough to actually cover him or tackle him properly, our offense doesn't go from being a 30+ ppg offense to a 20 ppg offense.

Do you really think that the Patriots will draft a receiver early and rely on him to be a big contributor from day one? I don't and I'm sure no one else does. It's the PATRIOTS dude, they've never drafted a receiver high that has panned out at all let alone draft one that they can rely upon to be the other guy next to Welker. The Patriots are cheap, just accept that man, they'd rather sit around waiting for free agents prices to lower while they all sign with other teams because the Patriots just wait it out and always look for the cheap option. How did Albert Haynesworth turn out? How did Ocho Cinco work out? How did Joey Galloway work out? How did Torry Holt work out? How did Reche Freakin Caldwell work out? The last time they went for some players in free agency (Welker, Moss, Stallworth, Thomas) they went to the superbowl. And don't use the tired line of "well they went to the superbowl this year without spending" because that is a crock. Everbody knows the Patriots had an easy path to the Superbowl, the only other legit team in the AFC was Baltimore and they should've lost to them. What crap was in the AFC this year? Roethlisberger was hurt, Manning was gone, Denver was mediocre and Houston had TJ YATES playing quarterback. The Patriots are a cheap team and that's all there is to it.

Thanks for trolling. Except we aren't cheap. TB, Mankins, Wilfork, Mayo, Bodden, Thomas, Ocho, Ellis last year, Sanders all people earning either top dollar or deemed at one point on this board to be over paid.

Thanks for playing come back soon

i did not think the pats would even talk to him he's going to get close to 7 million per and Welker is going to make 9 you cant spend 15 million on two guys thet could be Bradys #3 and #4 opt in back of Gronk and hernandez,

bring back Branch Carter and anderson and add dept through the Draft

I mean the Patriots could totally surprise everyone and take a shot at a guy like Lee Evans and he'll come out and have a great year but the Patriots have gone that route the past couple of years and it just hasn't worked out. Most people thought Ocho Cinco would be a sure thing.

How has it not worked out? We went to the SB last year and were a catch away from wining it.

FA acquisitions had alot to do with that e.g Carter, Anderson, Waters

Exactly, signing Brandon Lloyd wouldn't exactly guarantee a Super Bowl win. It might help their chances, but it's not going to elevate them to another level. He would be the fourth target behind the big three, how much can you afford to pay your best fourth receiver?
That is most likely the $64,000 question, so to speak.

bring back Branch Carter and anderson and add dept through the Draft
Branch - veteran minimum plus incentives
Carter - veteran minimum plus incentives
Anderson - no

If the New England Patriots revert back to a 3-4 defense, I would prefer the New England Patriots invest in a 4-3 defensive end conversion project via the 2012 NFL Draft for the 3-4 outside linebacker position.

Brandon Lloyd may want more than Robert Meachem, which may be more than the New England Patriots are willing to spend.

Chargers sign Meachem to four-year, $25.9 million contract | ProFootballTalk

Richard Marshall may be a more cost effective solution for a glaring hole on the New England Patriots roster, a starting free safety.

I'm wondering if Belichick isn't banking on another team's cut? It's certainly a possibility too.

We've talked about the Washington situation with Gaffney and S.Moss, I am guessing that there will definitely be others who are around the same talent level.

As mentioned before, I'm all for bringing Jab back. I think he could add a little something more that Branch could not.

I would also imagine that they will target someone via the draft too, that would certainly make the targets of Brady very competitive.

Welker, Gronkowski, Hernandez, (my example of Gaffney), Ochocinco with a full off-season and not seeing many touches anyway, Edelman, and a rookie.

That's 7 right there, and that isn't even taking into acct whether or not Deion Branch will be back either.

I don't think the WR position is 1/2 as bad as some feel. Belichick may not feel as though we need a 'field stretcher' as much as the media and fans do. He may simply feel as though we almost won the whole damn thing, so why change what isn't broken?

If Llyod doesn't come here, (and I doubt he will) I am guessing an addition via another teams' cut + a draft pick.

Richard Marshall may be a more cost effective solution for a glaring hole on the New England Patriots roster, a starting free safety.

Now that's the one that I am personally holding out hope for.

I'd be happy as hell with the whole FA period, if we signed a guy like Marshall and a few of our own. I'm sure there will be a few cuts and low level depth signings too, possibly on the D-line.

I'm sticking with my opinion that this team doesn't have many needs, and that they will be improved come the 2012 season.

I'm sticking with my opinion that this team doesn't have many needs, and that they will be improved come the 2012 season.
I'm sticking with the opinion the New England Patriots defense needs major upgrades:

1st Round
3-4 LDE - Fletcher Cox
3-4 OLB - Whitney Mercilus/Nick Perry/Andre Branch

2nd Round
Safety - Harrison Smith/George Iloka/Markelle Martin
Wide Receiver

3rd Round
Center

4th Round
Best available defensive player - 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, Safety, Cornerback

Unrestricted Free Agency
Andre Carter
Cory Redding
Richard Marshall

I'm sticking with the opinion the New England Patriots defense needs major upgrades:

1st Round
3-4 LDE - Fletcher Cox
3-4 OLB - Whitney Mercilus/Nick Perry/Andre Branch

2nd Round
Safety - Harrison Smith/George Iloka/Markelle Martin
Wide Receiver

3rd Round
Center

4th Round
Best available defensive player - 3-4 DE, 3-4 OLB, Safety, Cornerback

Unrestricted Free Agency
Andre Carter