PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady - Broken foot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

He had been hampered by a foot injury all year - it wouldn't surprise me. He'll certainly have plenty of time to heal - especially if they can't work things out labor-wise and the lockout forces the season to start late next year. :mad:

Last edited:
The foot didnt seem to have any affect on him in any of the other games this season. I dont think that was it.

There was some speculation that Brady might have had the flu, which is possible even though Brady denied it.

I also think part of it is people trying to find excuses for Brady when really the Jets just confused him and made him look bad.

It was alluded to in an interview two days ago but pretty much overlooked at the time.

It Is What It Is Transcript of Tom Brady on D&C: ‘I really let the team down’
(D&C): Are you excited about the Pro Bowl?

(TB): Pro Bowl? I believe the exit physical is today.

(D&C): That might not go well.

(TB): Yeah, I don’t think it’s going to go well.

Here's the audio link: Was Tom Brady Injured?

If you can't listen, here's some more on it:

Report: Tom Brady May Have Been Playing With Fractured Foot - New England Patriots - NESN.com
John Dennis and Gerry Callahan were told by two separate sources, Brady may have suffered a fractured foot "prior or during" Sunday's game against the Jets.

The duo stressed that these reports were unconfirmed and the sources were not close to Brady.

Brady has had minor battles with a foot injury this season, but it has not surfaced since November. He did say on Monday's Dennis and Callahan appearance that he may not be attending this year's Pro Bowl.

"Pro Bowl? I believe the exit physical is [Monday]," Brady said. "I don’t think it’s going to go well."

Skipping the Pro Bowl due to a very minor injury would be nothing new for Brady. However, Callahan said Wednesday that this fractured foot report is "not just a way to get out of the trip to the Pro Bowl. This is real."

During the discourse of Tom Brady's speculative condition, D&C even stated Dan Connolly was awful!

Last edited:
The foot didnt seem to have any affect on him in any of the other games this season. I dont think that was it.

There was some speculation that Brady might have had the flu, which is possible even though Brady denied it.

I also think part of it is people trying to find excuses for Brady when really the Jets just confused him and made him look bad.

The Jets definitely confused him, but I also wouldn't discount the flu or something like it. Many have commented on it, but he really didn't look the same right from the start; he didn't have that usual fire in his eye, and to me, he looked like a guy who hadn't slept and was kind of out of it. And there was the smelling salts thing (or whatever it was), which I have never seen before...

Those guys on that station just trying to make an excuse. We lost fair and square. Now the jets get stuff like this.

NEW YORK (AP) — As the New York Jets flew home from their victory over the New England Patriots, they took a swing past the Empire State Building for a special sight.

The landmark was lighted last weekend in the Jets' team colors, green and white. It will happen again next weekend, when they face the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The New York Post says the Jets' charter plane was descending toward Newark Liberty Airport on Sunday when the pilot made the request. Air traffic controllers let the jet veer over New Jersey's Hudson River waterfront, about two and a half miles from the building.

Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Jim Peters said other flights were not affected.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum called it a great ending for their trip.

Now the jets get stuff like this.

NEW YORK (AP) — As the New York Jets flew home from their victory over the New England Patriots, they took a swing past the Empire State Building for a special sight.

The landmark was lighted last weekend in the Jets' team colors, green and white. It will happen again next weekend, when they face the Pittsburgh Steelers.

The New York Post says the Jets' charter plane was descending toward Newark Liberty Airport on Sunday when the pilot made the request. Air traffic controllers let the jet veer over New Jersey's Hudson River waterfront, about two and a half miles from the building.

Federal Aviation Administration spokesman Jim Peters said other flights were not affected.

Jets general manager Mike Tannenbaum called it a great ending for their trip.
That's right just keep rubbing it in!

The shoulder bruise following one of the sacks Sunday would have been ample exuse to miss the pro bowl, which was a given.

Brady has often ended seasons with nagging injuries he played through and we had no clue they existed or were as severe. Could be he was playing through the foot injury and something happened to exacerbate it. Things like Jones fractures can be a royal pain to heal ever...even surgically. And they become exponentially easier to reinjure over time. That said, footwork didn't seem to be the issue Sunday.

The shoulder bruise following one of the sacks Sunday would have been ample exuse to miss the pro bowl, which was a given.

Brady has often ended seasons with nagging injuries he played through and we had no clue they existed or were as severe. Could be he was playing through the foot injury and something happened to exacerbate it. Things like Jones fractures can be a royal pain to heal ever...even surgically. And they become exponentially easier to reinjure over time. That said, footwork didn't seem to be the issue Sunday.

As i've stated, a game adjustment based on Brady running the ball probably wasn't a winner.:rolleyes:

Yeah, foot injuries can be nasty, just ask Bill Walton.

Be that as it may, if Brady's receivers were open and where they were supposed to be, I don't think we'd be worrying about Brady's foot. Two excellent drives, leading to 10-14 points, we aren't talking about the marvelous Jets defense.

Two crucial errors leading to a 7-3 deficit and Rex gets to be a genius. That's what one and done is all about.

I don't think Brady owes us anything with what he has accomplished over the years.

I agree that he had a very poor game Sunday and the strange play calling of runs in the 4th qtr to kill the clock down 10 points can explain that Brady was defeated psychologically and probably physically.

That 1st qtr interception turned the game around and emboldened the Jets. Brady was clearly off on that play. That combined with the Chung Blunder just before 1/2 put the Patriots in a lost position.

Brady should not make the 10 hour flight to play in the Pro Bowl if he is not up to it. Let Matt Cassal go there instead.

I agree with a previous poster that this is somewhat of an excuse because Brady played poorly. However:

2007: Ankle before superbowl
2008: Season ending injury
2009: Ribs, generally beat up all season
2010: Foot (?)

The Jets definitely confused him, but I also wouldn't discount the flu or something like it. Many have commented on it, but he really didn't look the same right from the start; he didn't have that usual fire in his eye, and to me, he looked like a guy who hadn't slept and was kind of out of it. And there was the smelling salts thing (or whatever it was), which I have never seen before...

Brady was late coming out of the locker room and Hoyer was at thge front of the line, waiting for Brady to lead them out. When he did, he certainly didn't have the fire and intensity he usually displays. My next thought was the disciplinary action against Welker may have had the reverse effect on the team, putting them in a funk, not being able to retaliate verbally! I really think Brady was sick.

It was alluded to in an interview two days ago but pretty much overlooked at the time.

It Is What It Is Transcript of Tom Brady on D&C: ‘I really let the team down’

Here's the audio link: Was Tom Brady Injured?

If you can't listen, here's some more on it:

Report: Tom Brady May Have Been Playing With Fractured Foot - New England Patriots - NESN.com

I took it that he was goofing that they would find and excuse for him to get out of the pro bowl. I am sure a player of his stature doesn't care for a free trip to Hawaii. That was my interpretation, anyway. D&C didn't follow up,.

The foot could explain the lack of keep-em-honest 5-yard runs.

I doubt it would explain much more than that.

Last edited:
Couldn't even tell, that's how mad of mobility he has.

I don't know...but Brady did seem to have less mobility to me and didn't even consider running when the opportunities were there.

As i've stated, a game adjustment based on Brady running the ball probably wasn't a winner.:rolleyes:

Yeah, foot injuries can be nasty, just ask Bill Walton.

Be that as it may, if Brady's receivers were open and where they were supposed to be, I don't think we'd be worrying about Brady's foot. Two excellent drives, leading to 10-14 points, we aren't talking about the marvelous Jets defense.

Two crucial errors leading to a 7-3 deficit and Rex gets to be a genius. That's what one and done is all about.

1. I'm not aware of anyone who is suggesting there should have been an "in-game adjustment based on Brady running the ball." I think that if he had taken the 5-10 yards then the slide that the D was giving him all day even once it could have changed the outcome of the game.

2. Based on the way Brady came out to start the game and his non communication with his receivers on the sidelines, what in holy hell makes you jump to the conclusion that it was the receivers who weren't where they were supposed to be, rather than miscommunication on both ends or misreads by Brady?

This is still mere speculation right now. Either way, Brady played fine through the foot injury throughout the season and I really didn't see anything that would have made it worse during the game (i.e. - getting the foot wrapped up under an opposing player's body on a sack). If we're going to speculate, it appeared as if something was effecting him mentally BEFORE the game even started.

Enough of the excuses. Last year it was the index finger and ribs, and now the foot? Sure he could have been hurt since he's had this foot problem for a while, but it's not the reason we lost. Why would it be a problem now after he had 2 weeks to prepare?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes