PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s Newest Post: What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The idea is that he still has class, and if he’s leaving, wouldn’t be taking this ridiculous approach that purposely stirs everyone up and leaves all of his 20 year fans heartbroken in the end. I think he would go about things differently. That just doesn’t sound like TFB to me. Just my take.
I guess. Sometimes I forget that most people care what strangers think of them...

As for heartbroken : I dunno. Maybe I'm naive, but I think there are more than a few posters here that will be fine with his departure and focus on the greatness we witnessed more than the moving on of a 43 year old QB. Don't get me wrong, if the decision makers in NE think there is another run in him, I'm all for signing. But if a rebuild is in the making, it might be time.

I think there would be significant frustration, and even confusion. The dude is Mr. Boston. The biggest sports hero we’ve ever had. For him to go and finish his last 1-2 years of his career somewhere else for a few extra bucks would be odd, particularly a man with that kind of wealth. He’s always seemed destined to retire a Patriot.
I don't think it would be odd at all. Almost all great QBs have finished "elsewhere". Add to that Brady Sr's take. I can see Brady returning and I can also see him playing in another city for a few years.

And here we have defined the Boston sports fan. Loud and proud when their team is on top and the first ones to turn on their own as soon as the slightest hint of trouble arises.

I think all sports fans are like that to some degree.

I don't think it would be odd at all. Almost all great QBs have finished "elsewhere". Add to that Brady Sr's take. I can see Brady returning and I can also see him playing in another city for a few years.
I think Brady Sr’s comments were more aimed at the idea that Belichick will be the one moving on, and that’s why it will likely end on a sour note.

As for going to a better, more competitive team, we should remember that we started this year 10-1, and at one point looked like the #1 seed was in order. Edelman dropped a crucial pass in two key games,(one that would’ve sealed a bye) and there was a lack of talent at WR, but I’m not seeing how all of these other teams are more “ready” to win now. As a matter of fact, they’re not.

He’s basically like Kraft’s son. He’s worked with Bill and Josh for years under the same successful system. He’s filthy rich, and they’ve been able to work out compensation when his demand was much, much higher than it is now. There would be little reason for him to go to teams with 1/4 of Kraft’s operating budget, who certainly don’t have more talent, and lack all of the perks that come with being “the man” for 20 yrs straight.

I think all sports fans are like that to some degree.
A lot are. I don’t think all are. It seems to be pronounced with teams in the northeast. Admittedly, the social media factor could play into this as well. It was around when Montana departed San Fran for the Queefs, so there’s not a lot to go on for how their fans reacted. But they seem fickle as well. Their half empty stadiums when they were struggling the last few years prove that.

919WO8q-nnL._SL1500_.jpg

Someone mentioned maybe BB has acknowledged he wasn't a priority to resign.
As crazy as this sounds this is BB afterall.
Maybe BB wants to prove he can win without him or feels he can do more with the extra cap and playing Stidham or signing a lower priced free agent?

It's pretty obvious that the picture means we're all going to die of the coronavirus, and Brady will be alone in the world.
As long as he remains a Patriot that’s fine.

I spy with my two eyes some fickle fans. Six Super Bowl wins, 8 appearances, and the people turn on the guy for his social media activity and the fact that he doesn’t need OTAs when he’s in his 40s and needs to rest more. Fickle, fickle, fickle. But typical of a Boston fan base. That’s a good example of why we have the reputation that we have outside the region.
This a million times over. I never thought I’d see fans turn on him so easily.

upload_2020-1-31_8-10-17.jpeg

Attachments

• upload_2020-1-31_8-10-17.png
    upload_2020-1-31_8-10-17.png
    558 KB · Views: 1
A lot of people that post here and root for the Patriots are more or less fans of Belichick before they’re fans of the actual team that he coaches for. I would suspect that a good portion of the contingent that is turning on him for social media posts and skipping OTAs when he’s on the other side of 40 are those “fans.”

Unless his feet are on backwards, he’s walking away.
Maybe he's moonwalking.

Who the hell really cares about whatever cryptic hidden message that photo might or might not represent? All the media speculation about Brady's future got tiresome weeks ago. And to be honest Tom/Gisele aren't helping things with melodramatic cliffhanger Instagram posts.

Maybe he's moonwalking.

Who the hell really cares about whatever cryptic hidden message that photo might or might not represent? All the media speculation about Brady's future got tiresome weeks ago. And to be honest Tom/Gisele aren't helping things with melodramatic cliffhanger Instagram posts.
Yes ... at the end of the day only the date of free agency matters.
Posturing is a part of the game ... more or less of it means nothing.

Who's turning on him? I haven't seen that.

I think Brady Sr’s comments were more aimed at the idea that Belichick will be the one moving on, and that’s why it will likely end on a sour note.

As for going to a better, more competitive team, we should remember that we started this year 10-1, and at one point looked like the #1 seed was in order. Edelman dropped a crucial pass in two key games,(one that would’ve sealed a bye) and there was a lack of talent at WR, but I’m not seeing how all of these other teams are more “ready” to win now. As a matter of fact, they’re not.

He’s basically like Kraft’s son. He’s worked with Bill and Josh for years under the same successful system. He’s filthy rich, and they’ve been able to work out compensation when his demand was much, much higher than it is now. There would be little reason for him to go to teams with 1/4 of Kraft’s operating budget, who certainly don’t have more talent, and lack all of the perks that come with being “the man” for 20 yrs straight.
I know he and Kraft are tight. But, devil's advocate, Garrett was like a son to Jerry as well...

You mean the drama and speculation? Brady’s approach in trolling us? Or the idea that he’s better than messing with us only to let the entire fanbase down in the end?
Multiple reasons.

1. I have an issue with cryptic social media messages in general. FB, Tweets, Instagram messages, etc. I understand how being vague creates a buzz but they are basically passive-aggressive. I don't think that's healthy. I think they are immature. I like directness. If he added some kind of a caption then that would be more acceptable.

2. No question in my mind Tom is doing #1 for all those reasons. I refuse to invest time in trying to decipher his post. What I will invest time into is calling it out as it being dumb.

I guess. Sometimes I forget that most people care what strangers think of them...

As for heartbroken : I dunno. Maybe I'm naive, but I think there are more than a few posters here that will be fine with his departure and focus on the greatness we witnessed more than the moving on of a 43 year old QB. Don't get me wrong, if the decision makers in NE think there is another run in him, I'm all for signing. But if a rebuild is in the making, it might be time.

Tom leaving will be tough but I'm more of a fan of the laundry than the nameplate anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back