PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s Newest Post: What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom leaving will be tough but I'm more of a fan of the laundry than the nameplate anyway.
Yes ... I agree.
I have already accepted he is moving on ... so if he stays I'm set.

A lot of people that post here and root for the Patriots are more or less fans of Belichick before they’re fans of the actual team that he coaches for. I would suspect that a good portion of the contingent that is turning on him for social media posts and skipping OTAs when he’s on the other side of 40 are those “fans.”
I get that feeling as well. A lot of the people north of 40 have that "I don't have Facespace" mentality and like that about Bill and dislike that about the players.

Every member of the Pats (players, fans, coaches and owner) should be thankful for Tom Brady. His incredible success has helped every one of them and he shouldn't have to go to another team to keep playing.

Who's turning on him? I haven't seen that.
There's multiple people in this thread acting like he owes it to us not to post something that may be interpreted different ways about his future and seem to be getting pissy about it. As far as I am concerned he doesn't owe us anything and if he walks I wouldn't hold anything against him. Seems to be a lot of the same group that have somewhat turned on Gronk in retirement because he dared not to just vanish into the night never to be heard from again.

Multiple reasons.

1. I have an issue with cryptic social media messages in general. FB, Tweets, Instagram messages, etc. I understand how being vague creates a buzz but they are basically passive-aggressive. I don't think that's healthy. I think they are immature. I like directness. If he added some kind of a caption then that would be more acceptable.

2. No question in my mind Tom is doing #1 for all those reasons. I refuse to invest time in trying to decipher his post. What I will invest time into is calling it out as it being dumb.
Agreed 1,000 percent. After 20 years Brady is playing on the emotions of dedicated fans. It's a bit like teasing your spouse about leaving them and at this point whatever happens will bring a sense of relief either way. But if he stays I sure hope he rededicates himself by attending OTAs and not sulking like he did last season.

I get that feeling as well. A lot of the people north of 40 have that "I don't have Facespace" mentality and like that about Bill and dislike that about the players.

If this thread has taught me anything, it’s that a lot of the older folks on this forum don’t quite grasp social media.

If this thread has taught me anything, it’s that a lot of the older folks on this forum don’t quite grasp social media.
What -- that it sucks? I can grasp that pretty well at my advanced age.

There's multiple people in this thread acting like he owes it to us not to post something that may be interpreted different ways about his future and seem to be getting pissy about it. As far as I am concerned he doesn't owe us anything and if he walks I wouldn't hold anything against him. Seems to be a lot of the same group that have somewhat turned on Gronk in retirement because he dared not to just vanish into the night never to be heard from again.

I think Gronk is a totally different case. He definitely was playing the fans to help with his next career. He apparently got the message and ceased.

Brady seems to want to stay here and keep playing. This latest uproar might a misinterpretation by fans of something that could be Kobe related.

It won't end well that's for sure.

Zuck's testimony in the Senate two years ago should have shown you that gap. And I say that as a 37 year old who deleted their Facebook, IG, Snapchat accounts after the CA story.

Agreed 1,000 percent. After 20 years Brady is playing on the emotions of dedicated fans. It's a bit like teasing your spouse about leaving them and at this point whatever happens will bring a sense of relief either way. But if he stays I sure hope he rededicates himself by attending OTAs and not sulking like he did last season.

His sulking was definitely a bad look but I disagree vehemently that any player should have to attend OTA's. The 'O' stands for optional and if the owners want them to be mandatory then they should negotiate that into the contract and pay them accordingly. Instead, Goody & the 32 want to pressure the players to attend for nothing.

Jebus H. Cripes...

His sulking was definitely a bad look but I disagree vehemently that any player should have to attend OTA's. The 'O' stands for optional and if the owners want them to be mandatory then they should negotiate that into the contract and pay them accordingly. Instead, Goody & the 32 want to pressure the players to attend for nothing.
I understand they're optional but a veteran QB/team leader should personally consider them mandatory. I think Brady skipping them last season hurt his game, especially with the younger players.

You really think this person would be embarrassed? I don’t. You don’t send crap like that to people if you’d be embarrassed by it. You send crap like that to be a bully.
Like I said, you can have issue with the message itself, preferably handling it directly with them or bringing in a mod if necessary. But the purpose of having the PM function is confidentiality and making a private conversation public violates that. Not cool.

I've been hoping that TPTB paid him a bunch of money to postpone his 2020 decision so they could write article after article to keep us dumb apes speculating and entertained for three months.

Probably a super bowl commercial for under armor

If it's just a mattress commercial I'm going to poke myself in the eye to just to feel better.

If it's just a mattress commercial I'm going to poke myself in the eye to just to feel better.
That mattress commercial where Brady was a James Bond-like character was kind of funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back