PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady’s Newest Post: What does it mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is why this is my first post in a couple of weeks, and will likely be my last for the next 6.

Tom Brady is entering his first real shot a FA. Clearly he is smart enough to troll the media with stunts like this photo as a means of leverage. It is to HIS benefit to create the image of him taking Free Agency seriously. No one wants to be used by Brady or the Patriots as merely a "stocking horse" to determine the market.

It is going to be 6 weeks till true FA just begins, let alone when he signs (which might not be immediately), and ANOTHER 5 before the draft. So quite frankly NOTHING that is being speculated about, whether its the media, OR fans like us is worth SH!T!!!! We waste our time writing it. We waste our time commenting on it. We waste our time reading about it.

The next time you are likely to hear from me will be to comment on whatever ACTUAL decision Brady make. In other words, not for a while.
Kens had it ...

What's with the old folks crap? People of all ages have seen it as a Kobe reference.
I like how you posted this and then the very next post that came in after yours made my point for me.

A lot of people that post here and root for the Patriots are more or less fans of Belichick before they’re fans of the actual team that he coaches for. I would suspect that a good portion of the contingent that is turning on him for social media posts and skipping OTAs when he’s on the other side of 40 are those “fans.”
Or, you know, they're fans of the PATRIOTS before either of them.

If this thread has taught me anything, it’s that a lot of the older folks on this forum don’t quite grasp social media.
I was literally thinking that as I was going in the Blue Plate Diner at 4pm for the early special.

I was literally thinking that as I was going in the Blue Plate Diner at 4pm for the early special.
I hear the meatloaf with mashed potatoes and green beans there is to die for. And you can get a coupon at the bingo hall for free dessert!

Charlie Weis thinks Patriots could trade up for a top quarterback

Anyone else finding Charlie Weis super annoying? Guy hasn’t been privy to the team’s private discussions for about 15 years and not even sure if he has Bill’s phone number these days. He is constantly acting like some kind of insider. When Scott Pioli was asked about TB12 he was quick to say that basically anyone besides a very, very select few people is just speculating like the rest of us.

I would wager that a lot of fans can better predict what the Patriots are doing than some former coaches and players who don’t even follow the team day-to-day anymore.

I thought he was walking off the field at first too, but I don’t think we can be certain either way.
the tips of his shoes looks to me like he is coming into the locker room area,not away...the shoes to me are what tells me the direction - I could be wrong but those shoes gave me the impression hes going away from the field

Brady will act oblivious to not anticipating a reaction in posting that picture, but I think he does crave attention sometimes. Whatever his reasons are, he could have added some caption to the picture, but he knew this will dominate the media the next day.
I think Brady feels he deserves to be worshiped by BB but he does not get that appreciation from the man and it pisses him off. I can understand that if it is indeed how he feels. This of course is just speculation from me.

Brady will act oblivious to not anticipating a reaction in posting that picture, but I think he does crave attention sometimes. Whatever his reasons are, he could have added some caption to the picture, but he knew this will dominate the media the next day.
I think Brady feels he deserves to be worshiped by BB but he does not get that appreciation from the man and it pisses him off. I can understand that if it is indeed how he feels. This of course is just speculation from me.
The appreciation should have come from the man with the money Robert Kraft more than from Belichick - Kraft argued to keep Brady over Jimmy G and won the fight but then still didn't open his freaking wallet to show Tom he wanted him to remain a Patriot when his contract ended for the end of his career - Kraft has been lucky to get away with getting discounts on his quarterback for years but Tom is like enough is enough and I don't blame him for being embarrased over what half the other quarterbacks in the league are making over his contract.

Charlie Weis thinks Patriots could trade up for a top quarterback

Anyone else finding Charlie Weis super annoying? Guy hasn’t been privy to the team’s private discussions for about 15 years and not even sure if he has Bill’s phone number these days. He is constantly acting like some kind of insider. When Scott Pioli was asked about TB12 he was quick to say that basically anyone besides a very, very select few people is just speculating like the rest of us.

I would wager that a lot of fans can better predict what the Patriots are doing than some former coaches and players who don’t even follow the team day-to-day anymore.
I like Charlie Weis, he was a big influence on Brady's development and knows how BB operates probably as well as anyone. I'm sure he still has good inside connections around the league and close to the Patriots. I wouldn't dismiss what he has to share.

the tips of his shoes looks to me like he is coming into the locker room area,not away...the shoes to me are what tells me the direction - I could be wrong but those shoes gave me the impression hes going away from the field
That’s what I initially thought, too.

Barstool Sports - The McCourty Twins On Tom Brady's Instagram Post Last Night And More From The YAK

starts at 3:13

“We both actually FaceTimed Tom. We were like, ‘Bro, we’re at the Super Bowl. Why would you do this?’ And he was like, ‘Everybody’s overreacting.’ He’s like, ‘It’s not is he going to stay; is he going to go?’ He was like, ‘Bro, I’m 42 years old, one of the oldest guys in the league, (and I) wanted to remind people that the best photos are in black and white.’

“That’s all its was, bro. Black and white. It’s a classic — like, I’m the classic Tom Brady, black and white, put it all together, I’m still out here doing it.”

This is a leap year meaning we have 29 days in Feb instead of 28. An extra day of this nonsense.

When there is nothing to talk about after the super bowl the brady rumors and conspiracy theories will really blow up.

Or, you know, they're fans of the PATRIOTS before either of them.

LMFAO. Yeah. Sure. “Real” Pats fans are turning on their 6-time Super Bowl winning QB over OTAs and social media.

If that’s where they’re coming from, they aren’t very bright. Is that where you are, Mr. Personality? A QB past the age of 40 needs rest more than he needs OTAs. If that weren’t the case, they don’t win the Super Bowl in 2018. The social media stuff that people have a problem with is also absurd. Edelman has had a much larger social media persona for a longer period of time than Brady has, and yet I don’t seem to recall too many posts (particularly from you) on Edelman. Perhaps you can show them to me?

Last edited:
The appreciation should have come from the man with the money Robert Kraft more than from Belichick - Kraft argued to keep Brady over Jimmy G and won the fight but then still didn't open his freaking wallet to show Tom he wanted him to remain a Patriot when his contract ended for the end of his career - Kraft has been lucky to get away with getting discounts on his quarterback for years but Tom is like enough is enough and I don't blame him for being embarrased over what half the other quarterbacks in the league are making over his contract.

I hear you. I also see it entirely different.

Playing to individual player egos is a formula for losing. And yes, Kraft and the team are fortunate to have had Brady. But Brady is fortunate to have had Kraft and the team. He wouldn't have 6 rings if he was playing for a team that didn't have the systemic discipline the Pats have. They all needed each other.

If Brady wants #7, he's going to have to play for "short" money again. To me, it is truly an either-or choice for Brady. Next year's roster (as it stands now), and next year's schedule, won't tolerate paying a QB $40M. If he's as ego driven as you say he is, this "isn't going to end well" (to quote Brady's Dad's prediction from many years ago).

Frankly, given that he and his wife have more money than they, and ten generations of Brady's, will ever need, the contract can only be an ego issue. And if that's the case, then it is sad. There's no reason for him to need that kind of recognition at this point. His competitiveness is in control of him, rather than him being in control of his competitiveness.

A QB past the age of 40 needs rest more than he needs OTAs.
Be careful not to confuse OTAs with individually prescribed training regimens. OTAs are organized TEAM activities where players work together on the field, the only practices between season's end and training camp. They are important for players to start meshing with each other, especially in the passing game. Brady got to where he is in part because of them over the years and got away with skipping them in 2018 because of his returning veteran surrounding cast. Skipping them again in 2019 arguably hurt his game and the offense's development overall.

Be careful not to confuse OTAs with individually prescribed training regimens. OTAs are organized TEAM activities where players work together on the field, the only practices between season's end and training camp. They are important for players to start meshing with each other, especially in the passing game. Brady got to where he is in part because of them over the years and got away with skipping them in 2018 because of his returning veteran surrounding cast. Skipping them again in 2019 arguably hurt his game and the offense's development overall.
Perhaps excluding his gameplan input in 2019 hurt the offenses's execution even more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down