PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bob robbed the cradle ... again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if he has a painful yeast infection?

Says the guy who should stop posting and start breeding so he can spend twenty grand on something he bred.

Says the guy who should stop posting and start breeding so he can spend twenty grand on something he bred.
Working on it, sir. God, that poor kid who is unlucky enough to be my son or daughter. Hopefully they end up more like my wife.

EDIT: If $20K is all I’ll end up having to spend on a kid, I’ll consider it a win, though. $20K does not go very far at all for a wedding. What a god damn racket that business is. Their margins must be absolutely insane.

Working on it, sir. God, that poor kid who is unlucky enough to be my son or daughter. Hopefully they end up more like my wife.

No matter who they turn out like they'll have two great parents. And if you're lucky enough to have a son and a daughter you'll delete your previous posts. :D

EDIT: If $20K is all I’ll end up having to spend on a kid, I’ll consider it a win, though. $20K does not go very far at all for a wedding. What a god damn racket that business is. Their margins must be absolutely insane.
take that 20 grand and go to Bora Bora or Tahiti and get married there... no need to subject all your friends and family to a boring ceremony, dressed up in uncomfortable clothes (in sweltering heat if married in the summer), drunk cousins, bad food and a dj ... tell everyone who wants to come where and when and go live life like a rock star for a week...

People say kids are expensive and they are but it's an expenditure you don't really think about because it's really just an investment in a life full of enjoyment. The return on investment is much greater.

As far as wedding costs go I agree it feels like you're getting scammed the entire time but years down the road you won't think about that either because it was just a cap expense you needed to spend to land a winner. Let's just hope she doesn't go all AB on your ass. Haha.

People say kids are expensive and they are but it's an expenditure you don't really think about because it's really just an investment in a life full of enjoyment. The return on investment is much greater.

As far as wedding costs go I agree it feels like you're getting scammed the entire time but years down the road you won't think about that either because it was just a cap expense you needed to spend to land a winner. Let's just hope she doesn't go all AB on your ass. Haha.
There’s weddings and then there’s Long Island weddings. Even from a distance it’s painful to watch.

take that 20 grand and go to Bora Bora or Tahiti and get married there... no need to subject all your friends and family to a boring ceremony, dressed up in uncomfortable clothes (in sweltering heat if married in the summer), drunk cousins, bad food and a dj ... tell everyone who wants to come where and when and go live life like a rock star for a week...
It already happened and it’s been one of the most fun weddings I’ve ever been to. I’m biased though but have been told that by others. The caterer was great. We wanted to do a cheaper destination wedding at first to eliminate a good amount of the guest list but she has a very large, very close family on both sides (about 120 people by themselves) and didn’t get good initial feedback on who WOULDN’T be able to make it. Then we started pricing it out and a destination wedding would have been more expensive when you account for my family, friends, and her friends. Oh well. Still the best day of my life so far. It was well worth the money. My complaint is on the business side of it. Our venue alone was $7K and we still needed to rent tables, chairs, bars, etc. I think I need to invest in a big piece of property with a massive Live Oak and get into the wedding business.

I think my niece spent $7K on the save the date invitations.

I think my niece spent $7K on the save the date invitations.
The ****? Did she send gold-plated invitations? I think we only dropped $300 on those.

Last edited:
The ****? Did she send gold-plated invitations? I think we only dropped $300 on those.
The picture of the two of them from a photo shoot in Central Park on the stamps on the envelopes was more than I could take.

The picture of the two of them from a photo shoot in Central Park on the stamps on the envelopes was more than I could take.

I mean if it's an expensive wedding and they have that kind of money then God bless them.

Personally, I spent $21,000 on my wedding because I loved my ex a thousand more than @KontradictioN loves his current wife. Just sayin.

I wasn’t aware custom stamps are a thing. Might be deleting this message in case my wife ever reviews my account because she would be the most custom stamp person ever. Then again, if she does find my posts here, divorce is imminent.

This is another one of those threads that I see is continually at the top of the board and I’m wondering why, then I see it’s gone in 1000 different directions, which is great.

My two cents. Society (correctly) accepts all kinds of relationships, black, white, straight gay whatever, but for some reason difference in age is the one area that people still feel free to say “gross!” It’s very annoying. Let people do whatever the hell they want to do.

On weddings, I guess they’ve always been kind of crazy, what seems different to me over the last few years is how every step along the way has to be documented, with engagement pictures and websites and pre-parties and on and on and on. Overkill.

Me and my wife jumped on a plane and went down to St. John, got married and stayed there for two weeks. My parents had a party for us when we came back with friends and family, which was great and fun, but the way we got married was, for me, perfection.

Last edited:
This is another one of those threads that I see is continually at the top of the board and I’m wondering why, then I see it’s gone in 1000 different directions, which is great.

My two cents. Society (correctly) accepts all kinds of relationships, black, white, straight gay whatever, but for some reason difference in age is the one area that people still feel free to say “gross!” It’s very annoying. Let people do whatever the hell they want to do.

On weddings, I guess they’ve always been kind of crazy, what seems different to me over the last few years is how every step along the way has to be documented, with engagement pictures and websites and pre-parties and on and on and on. Overkill.

Me and my wife jumped on a plane and went down to St. John, got married and stayed there for two weeks. My parents had a party for us when we came back with friends and family, which great and fun, but the way we got married was, for me, perfection.
Yeah it’s ridiculous. We had two engagement parties, she had two showers (friends and family), and we had an engagement shoot. Granted, the engagement shoot came with the package, but the photographer was still $3,000. Those pictures were embarrassing enough to do as a dude, but to make matters worse, I wore a long-sleeved navy blue button down, skinny khaki pants, and boat shoes. The problem is that, while it was an overcast October day, the humidity was ridiculous. So some of the latter shots in the shoot are me just absolutely drenched in sweat. I got thoroughly roasted for that in the group chat.

I think the problem is that everyone needs to have a bougie wedding these days. It has to be the most expensive venue, top shelf liquor, and in a very controlled environment. You feel like you’re stiff walking around a wedding like that. Our venue was outdoors, with cornhole and Jenga, a cigar bar, and top shelf bourbon and vodka but cheaper liquor on the rest. We’re both Irish. Irish people don’t care what the hell they drink. They just want it to taste decent and get them drunk.

Yeah it’s ridiculous. We had two engagement parties, she had two showers (friends and family), and we had an engagement shoot. Granted, the engagement shoot came with the package, but the photographer was still $3,000. Those pictures were embarrassing enough to do as a dude, but to make matters worse, I wore a long-sleeved navy blue button down, skinny khaki pants, and boat shoes. The problem is that, while it was an overcast October day, the humidity was ridiculous. So some of the latter shots in the shoot are me just absolutely drenched in sweat. I got thoroughly roasted for that in the group chat.

I think the problem is that everyone needs to have a bougie wedding these days. It has to be the most expensive venue, top shelf liquor, and in a very controlled environment. You feel like you’re stiff walking around a wedding like that. Our venue was outdoors, with cornhole and Jenga, a cigar bar, and top shelf bourbon and vodka but cheaper liquor on the rest. We’re both Irish. Irish people don’t care what the hell they drink. They just want it to taste decent and get them drunk.
Yeah, I would’ve been pretty horrified to do an engagement shoot, but if that’s what everyone is doing then you just suck it up and do it I guess, not really a big deal. Be good to see those pics at the end though :D

Your wedding sounds like it was awesome...if you and your wife have a great day you’ll always remember that’s what it’s really all about, even if it costs a fortune.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes