PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS BoB officially back

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Re: Meyers

If I'm the Pats, I let him find his market and ask him to give them a chance to match. It's very likely he'll get a deal that help the Patriots. Either by netting them a 4th/5th round pick, allowing them to make an off-setting signing, or getting him back at a rate they're happy with. I honestly believe that the combination of Bourne, Parker, and Thornton, and whomever can pick up the slack. Bourne actually has just as good of hands as Meyers.

If the Pats were to draft a Quick Slot guy similar to Kyle Phillips, I'd be fine with that, but I believe that Bourne has untapped potential. In 2021, The offense seemed to just do better with him on the field. Same in late 2022. The offense seemed to do better.

If I'm the Pats, I let him find his market and ask him to give them a chance to match. It's very likely he'll get a deal that help the Patriots. Either by netting them a 4th/5th round pick, allowing them to make an off-setting signing, or getting him back at a rate they're happy with. I honestly believe that the combination of Bourne, Parker, and Thornton, and whomever can pick up the slack. Bourne actually has just as good of hands as Meyers.

If the Pats were to draft a Quick Slot guy similar to Kyle Phillips, I'd be fine with that, but I believe that Bourne has untapped potential. In 2021, The offense seemed to just do better with him on the field. Same in late 2022. The offense seemed to do better.
We've seen Bill do this any number of times in the past. I agree it's the right way to go with Meyers.

Nope I'll take Ramsey over both!! He's 28,29 still in his prime.

Ramsey got burned twice by Ja'Marr Chase in the SB. I'd rather not have him. I'd rather have Marcus Peters or Patrick Peterson.

Reactions: Ian
Ramsey got burned twice by Ja'Marr Chase in the SB. I'd rather not have him. I'd rather have Marcus Peters or Patrick Peterson.
Peterson will be 33 in a few months. Hard pass.

I tend to agree. If Meyers gets 2 year 32 with 28 guaranteed. I can see pats getting him for 4 year 50 and 35 guaranteed .

If it is more than 13 million AAV , we can say bye to Meyers . Can one of our practice squadders have a breakout season and can Thornton finally come of age ?

This might not be popular but I would want us to draft 1 or 2 TE possibly Darnell Washington and schoonmaker and trade Henry and sign Orlando brown to a major contract . With first round get Witherspoon . Next year sign either aiyuk or Higgins and draft one more first round wide receiver .

Interesting that he officially got the QB Coach title too. Sorry Joe.

I'd rather have a dedicated QBC than an OC/QBC at this stage of Mac's career... It's one thing to be an OC/QBC when Brady's your QB; quite another when it's somebody who regressed in every significant way last season.

I'd rather have a dedicated QBC than an OC/QBC at this stage of Mac's career... It's one thing to be an OC/QBC when Brady's your QB; quite another when it's somebody who regressed in every significant way last season.

Lots of OCs also carry the QB coach title, McDaniels did including Mac's rookie year. Mac and BOB will be joined at the hip anyway, I think it'll be OK.

Give the guy who failed spectacularly at GMing in Houston complete control of the offensive draft picks.

Bill OBrien was fired from Texans for essentially being an awful GM... not a great idea.

Don't know if it was the drafting or the impulsive trading that got him sh!t-canned there...

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Moving on, let's keep the thread on topic. No real need for name-calling, personal attacks, etc.

BoB already being introduced as part of Patriots coaching staff. Acorn still around. Rothstein RB coach? WTF? Surprisingly absent: Patricia/Judge.

Is it me or does O'Briens melon look like its going to burst out of that picture. His head is like 10x the size of Brian's. Jesus

What is up with Hoyer? He completely fell off the map after going on IR. It would make sense to keep him around as an assistant to help the QBs.

What is up with Hoyer? He completely fell off the map after going on IR. It would make sense to keep him around as an assistant to help the QBs.
He's said he doesn't want the workload vs paycheck profile of coaching.

why would Hoyer would accept to be an assistant and do more hours and be paid less than a player.

Hoyer seems like a smart enough guy that he's taken care of his money well. He can probably sit back at home with his family and make more $ off his investments than he could working 80 hrs/wk and traveling half the year as a coach. He's already said he's made this calculation more or less.

Hoyer seems like a smart enough guy that he's taken care of his money well. He can probably sit back at home with his family and make more $ off his investments than he could working 80 hrs/wk and traveling half the year as a coach. He's already said he's made this calculation more or less.
He could change his stance if he wants to stay in football. It would not be surprising to hear that BB approached him about retiring and coaching over the last couple of years and Hoyer held out to be a player for the reasons you mention. Now that the team has a better backup in Zappe it is time to move on from Hoyer as a player.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back