PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PATRIOTS NEWS BoB officially back

Breaking New England Patriots Team News
Based on what, your memory of him from five years ago?
It is perfectly okay to ignore what the media and image consultants say to artificially inflate a player's actual value. It's what should be done in all negotiations for new contracts, buuuuuuuuut it never is and PT Barnum's quote continues to hold true in ignoring actual data and analysis and instead acting on rash, "impulse" buying...you know what we used to criticize the Jets for (and likely still do).

Ramsey has demonstrated the prototypical "huge" contract signing reflections that impacts many players - statistics that show a lack of effort, loss of motivation, distraction, other priorities, etc since that "big deal".

There's probably maybe 10-15% of stars that don't have the post-huge contract lapse and maintain their production. That's a minute number to try and "pry away" if you were a team that needed that capability.

Haha... Is that what happened to jonnu smith? There's what everyone else is willing to pay then there's what you pay. I guess that's how the draft works too and why mcvay laughs at your first round guard.
That speaks to the risk factor I mentioned in one of my earlier posts.

I think Jalen Ramsey is still one of the elite outside corners in the NFL and having him in this secondary I could see him turning it around after a down 2022 season (which BTW still had him ranked 3rd on PFF behind Sauce Gardner and Patrick Surtain II for what that’s worth). You could probably debate those two rookies as well as Jaire Alexander and A.J. Terrell as guys you could possibly rate ahead of him. I wouldn’t go crazy and give up the 14th overall for him though. It’s not as if we’re only a Ramsey away from Super Bowl contention. We still need to find who the next generation of homegrown Patriots captains are going to be.

Really hope Bob get one of those young TE's sick of these scrubs we currently have.
How about seeing what BoB can do with them?

BoB already being introduced as part of Patriots coaching staff. Acorn still around. Rothstein RB coach? WTF? Surprisingly absent: Patricia/Judge.

I think Jalen Ramsey is still one of the elite outside corners in the NFL and having him in this secondary I could see him turning it around after a down 2022 season (which BTW still had him ranked 3rd on PFF behind Sauce Gardner and Patrick Surtain II for what that’s worth). You could probably debate those two rookies as well as Jaire Alexander and A.J. Terrell as guys you could possibly rate ahead of him. I wouldn’t go crazy and give up the 14th overall for him though. It’s not as if we’re only a Ramsey away from Super Bowl contention. We still need to find who the next generation of homegrown Patriots captains are going to be.

Especially don't give up #14 when this is a deep CB draft class. BGC says four CB studs and 1 might fall to #14. Much better off with a young stud than Ramsey, but I like the trade if #14 is not involved. Not sure how it could work after what the Rams gave up for Ramsey.

There is no reference whatsoever to Bill OBrien in what you posted.

I have no doubt that you have convinced yourself that it happened (just as you have convinced yourself that “Kraft has openly trashed Belichick” )but none of those things have happened.
You misunderstand so much of what you hear or read and then think that what you misperceived actually happened.
That is why whenever called out you can never back it up.
I actually feel bad for you.
It must be really old being always wrong and its gotten worse since your Maroney days.

It must be really old being always wrong and its gotten worse since your Maroney days.

The biggest font on the link that brings you to the original Facebook post is the word "RUMORS". One of the biggest issues facing modern society is that many people consider social media as "news" when it is not.

And again, no actual quote from Robert Kraft. This is 100% hearsay and would not be admitted in any proceeding - legal, contractual, or even administrative.

BB have been pretty average post Brady who covered up a lot that's a fact. I hope he gives Bob the entire reigns of the Offense even when it comes on to picking Offensive Players.
This.... Bill has been pretty bad at offense and in offense drafts as well. We got lucky with Gronk, Edelman and Brady and they carried us for over a decade and first 3 bowls the defense was all pro which was suitably supported by Brady and offense.

Michel, Wynn, Harry, strange**, Thornton**, asiasi ,Keene --- lots of failures with high draft picks and few meh selections who still need to prove .

If it's an offense led league then Bil would need to cede control of that completely to the OC because honestly he isn't good at it or determining the right folks . We were lucky Bob was available . If not, I am sure bill might not have known whom to recruit.

The amount of posters who have absolute knowledge of other peoples thoughts, hopes, attitudes, future decisions and other aspects of one's persona continues to amaze me.

Do I think the Patriots are even going to try to get him here? No, but do I have any insight on the person and what they would think about it? Also no.
I'm not basing my comments on nothing. Hopkins relationship with O'Brien has been widely reported and discussed.

After the trade from Houston, Hopkins was asked about his relationship with O'Brien and he replied to an SI reporter: "There was no relationship. Make sure you put that in there. There's not a lot to speak about."

O'Brien said about the trade: "Capital T, capital E, capital A, capital M. Everything that we do is made with the team in mind. We don't think about one player. We think about the future."

Hopkins replied to that with: "I'm a stress-free person. I live in the present. I only care about this T-E-A-M (Arizona)."

Also, Michael Irving reported that Hopkins told him O'Brien thought Hopkins had too much influence over the locker room and he called him in for a meeting to discuss it. O'Brien reportedly told Hopkins the last time he had a meeting like that with a player was with (mass murderer) Aaron Hernandez. Obviously the comparison didn't sit well with Hopkins. He also reportedly told Irving that O'Brien told him he didn't like Hopkins having his "baby mamas" around (Hopkins has multiple kids from different women).

Seems to me like there's enough bad blood there where Hopkins wouldn't play for BOB again.

We got lucky

Gronk was another "swing for the fences" boom or bust low round pick BB tends to make in the 2d/3d rounds most years; given his back injury history was seen as potentially career impacting at draft time.

I'm not basing my comments on nothing. Hopkins relationship with O'Brien has been widely reported and discussed.

After the trade from Houston, Hopkins was asked about his relationship with O'Brien and he replied to an SI reporter: "There was no relationship. Make sure you put that in there. There's not a lot to speak about."

O'Brien said about the trade: "Capital T, capital E, capital A, capital M. Everything that we do is made with the team in mind. We don't think about one player. We think about the future."

Hopkins replied to that with: "I'm a stress-free person. I live in the present. I only care about this T-E-A-M (Arizona)."

Also, Michael Irving reported that Hopkins told him O'Brien thought Hopkins had too much influence over the locker room and he called him in for a meeting to discuss it. O'Brien reportedly told Hopkins the last time he had a meeting like that with a player was with (mass murderer) Aaron Hernandez. Obviously the comparison didn't sit well with Hopkins. He also reportedly told Irving that O'Brien told him he didn't like Hopkins having his "baby mamas" around (Hopkins has multiple kids from different women).

Seems to me like there's enough bad blood there where Hopkins wouldn't play for BOB again.
Most posters would not take the time, or be able to, defend their post. The point is yours.

My argument was and still is fact...

- Meyers has a career 68 catch percentage
- Davis has a career 54 catch percentage
The original comment (not by you) was "Meyers would be a massive upgrade over Davis." If 14 percentage points in one category that factors in much more than the receiver's talent is the reasoning then it's a bad argument. Again, Davis tops Meyers in yards per reception, first downs and TDs. "Massive upgrade"? No way. Even slightly better? I don't see how that argument could be made either. They're both WR2 tier but I'll take Davis over Meyers for the big play ability alone.

Most posters would not take the time, or be able to, defend their post. The point is yours.
Is that a compliment or an insult? I'm not trying to be right just for the sake of it. You essentially asked where the insight came from. So I answered. It took me a 1 minute Google search to get the quotes.

The original comment (not by you) was "Meyers would be a massive upgrade over Davis." If 14 percentage points in one category that factors in much more than the receiver's talent is the reasoning then it's a bad argument. Again, Davis tops Meyers in yards per reception, first downs and TDs. "Massive upgrade"? No way. Even slightly better? I don't see how that argument could be made either. They're both WR2 tier but I'll take Davis over Meyers for the big play ability alone.

I'd be interested to know what average yardage is downfield for these throws.... Im sure it exists they have stats for everything nowadays. The YPC does address this a bit, but curious how far ball was thrown downfield to get to him... which would impact catch rate %.

Just the eyeball test tells me that they are used in very different ways.

I'd be interested to know what average yardage is downfield for these throws.... Im sure it exists they have stats for everything nowadays. The YPC does address this a bit, but curious how far ball was thrown downfield to get to him... which would impact catch rate %.

Just the eyeball test tells me that they are used in very different ways.
Average depth of target when targeted (whether completed or not):

Davis = 15.3 yards (5th in NFL)
Meyers = 9.9 yards (75th in NFL)

Is that a compliment or an insult? I'm not trying to be right just for the sake of it. You essentially asked where the insight came from. So I answered. It took me a 1 minute Google search to get the quotes.
Curious you would infer insult from the comment. It was complimentary in nature.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back