Status
Not open for further replies.

oldrover

"You're gonna have to serve somebody..."
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Robert Kraft on Patriots' critics: 'Haters still hate'

Money quote:

"When anyone wins at anything too often then you start to bring out feelings that aren't maybe the most collegial in other people," Kraft said.

He added: "Envy and jealousy are incurable diseases. The haters still hate. And I understand it and we'll do our best to keep them in that position."

W5KIMFC.gif

:) Awesome...

Last edited:
This is a plea to those who know how to mine the internet. For those of us who don't have HBO, I'd love to see the full Andrea Kramer interview with Kaft

I've criticized Vichy Bob for wimping out with the 31 but starting with the SB win he's been growing a pair. Good.
Effectively he's calling out the 31 here. Terra Incognito for Bob. Good.

I've criticized Vichy Bob for wimping out with the 31 but starting with the SB win he's been growing a pair. Good.
Effectively he's calling out the 31 here. Terra Incognito for Bob. Good.

He's talking salty now that it means nothing. When it might have meant something, he jumped into the barrel, and he threw his QB to the wolves, for the good of the "full 32" a/k/a his wallet.

Don't fall for the salesman ********. If he had to choose again, Kraft would hop right back into that barrel.

Those who have seen it or will get to see it will note that at the very end during his dialogue with Andrea Kramer, Gumbel sneaks in a cheap shot... typical...

He's talking salty now that it means nothing. When it might have meant something, he jumped into the barrel, and he threw his QB to the wolves, for the good of the "full 32" a/k/a his wallet.

Don't fall for the salesman ********. If he had to choose again, Kraft would hop right back into that barrel.
I'm going to reserve judgment as I have been as harsh as anyone on RK for his wishy washiness. If he continues his defense of BB/TFB and the team and doesn't vacillate back and forth, then I will believe that he has found his backbone in dealing with the league. My fear is that he comes out with comments supporting Goodell and attacking underlings and league lawyers instead... No, they work for Goodell and the buck stops with him, especially in light of his comments that the court vindicated him ( no, court vindicated the process allowed by a CBA that the players agreed to accept). Let's see how he acts between now and September especially at the owner's meeting when the other memebrs of the Billionaire Boys Club ask him to play nice and make nice with Roger....
Instead of " Roger that", how about " F that."

Let's see how he acts between now and September especially at the owner's meeting when the other memebrs of the Billionaire Boys Club ask him to play nice and make nice with Roger....
Instead of " Roger that", how about " F that."

Why should more empty words from Kraft matter?

Why should more empty words from Kraft matter?
Patsfanin Philly said:
Let's see how he acts between now and September
By acts, I mean words and actions. I'm open to changing my mind as I have been critical but I'm taking a wait and see approach.

You're taking the "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me" approach. That's reasonable. Kraft chose "the 32" over Brady, the team and his fans. It was reprehensible and a serious error of judgment. No one can gainsay what you have written.

However, I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to "forgive but not forget." It's not impossible that Goodell welshed on an understanding that Brady would get a slap on the wrist if Kraft paid the fine and took his other options off the table; but we can't know that, one way or the other.

Look at the video of the Trophy presentation in Houston. Kraft doesn't even look at Goodell. I'm not even sure he says "Thank you," when handed the trophy. That's the look of a man who was betrayed and it's a look that says, "I'm not done with you yet." Could that be an act? Sure. But, he'd have to be a very good actor to pull that off.

What Kraft has said since San Francisco could well be "salesman ********" (I wasn't born yesterday), but I'm willing to give him a second chance, given everything else he's done for what was a punch line franchise before he bought it.

You're taking the "Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice, shame on me" approach. That's reasonable. Kraft chose "the 32" over Brady, the team and his fans. It was reprehensible and a serious error of judgment. No one can gainsay what you have written.

However, I've gotten to the point where I'm ready to "forgive but not forget." It's not impossible that Goodell welshed on an understanding that Brady would get a slap on the wrist if Kraft paid the fine and took his other options off the table; but we can't know that, one way or the other.

Look at the video of the Trophy presentation in Houston. Kraft doesn't even look at Goodell. I'm not even sure he says "Thank you," when handed the trophy. That's the look of a man who was betrayed and it's a look that says, "I'm not done with you yet." Could that be an act? Sure. But, he'd have to be a very good actor to pull that off.

What Kraft has said since San Francisco could well be "salesman ********" (I wasn't born yesterday), but I'm willing to give him a second chance, given everything else he's done for what was a punch line franchise before he bought it.

He's "fooled me" more than once. He's pulled this **** before, time and again. It's sad to see how gullible people are.

100% this. This is nothing but lip service, after the fact with no consequence, to the fans who pay his bills because he saw the backlash he got after he threw Brady and the team under the bus.

Notice during the SB presentation as Goodell was getting booed like crazy, Kraft gently taps him on the elbow...like saying hang in there. To me, that was an instinctive reaction that showed he is still in Goodell's corner. I would not at all be surprised, in fact, I would bet on it that Kraft had given Goodell a heads up about what he would say if they won the trophy.

The owners care about nothing except themselves. They pay lip service to their fans to make them think they actually care while using Goodell as a pinata to take all the fans anger.

Last edited:
I thought our guy was "different," but he knows how his bread is buttered. If he gets goodell knocked out of leadership 1 day, or sues for defamation, that opinion might change. Otherwise screw him. I'll soften that with screw em all, Green Bay hypothetically common ownership aside.

Team owning is a biz. I like that he gets it enough to try to be in touch w/"screw the league" sentiments. He went as far as talking the talk, and is doing so again. That's all you get. He's not your buddy on the next barstool. He's an NFL owner.

He's not us. You want to cure that, make teams fan-owned. That's where the $ comes from. Then you could vote the shmuck out.

But be careful... the draftniks would vote to fire BB the day after the draft or the day after their binkie gets cut or traded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back