PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss's mention about the way Belichick wore the Kraft family initiative pin

upstater1

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
I didn't know what forum to place this in, and though it skirts around politics, it really has no politics in it and it doesn't necessitate ANY discussion of politics whatsoever. There's also a WAR thread so other things can be discussed there.

During Kraft's press conference with Jerod Mayo upon Mayo's hiring, Kraft made mention of how Mayo conducted himself during their trip to Israel. There are several mentions by Reiss and by Kraft in recent weeks about the importance of Kraft's antisemitism initiative for him and in general his Pro-Israel stances. At the same time Reiss wrote something weird about Belichick's firing by Kraft recently. Indeed, he lead off his article about Belichick getting fired by highlighting the way Belichick wore an antisemitism pin. It was a weird way to start. When you lead with an anecdote like that, if you're a good writer, you're leading with something that you believe is very meaningful in the larger scheme. Reiss was telling us that there's a certain level of disrespect between the two men, and he was also telling us that Belichick's behavior was actually quite callous. (Note, I am not saying that Belichick's wearing of the pin to the side of his stomach means anything about his political position or antisemitism; I'm saying it possibly had something to do with his feelings toward Kraft).

But I note that many players have made that trip to Israel with Kraft, and I just checked and there's no mention of Belichick ever doing it. When Reiss asked Belichick about the pin on the side of his belly, he just said, "This is Robert Kraft's initiative." Not, I support what the pin symbolizes. This was all in the back of mind, and I really thought that Reiss's mention was strange, but I didn't make much of it. But just now, Kraft noted that Mayo in Israel convinced him to hire Mayo. In this moment with everything going on, did Belichick's callousness to Robert's causes and the fact he never went with the Krafts on these visits just add to Kraft's sense that he couldn't employ someone who was wishy-washy about certain world concerns right now?

Yes, I opened up a can of worms. But this is more personal than it is political.

Last edited:
Could you provide sources and/or clarify what you mean about this anti-semitism pin? I’m trying to understand it but am confused. Was is a pin bringing awareness about anti-semitism? How did Belichick wear it?

I don’t think this is a political post at all fyi but now I'm curious.

i think this is it

rUtgN89.jpg

If he's wearing it in support of the K.I. cool...

If its a dig at Kraft for whatever reason, its a ****ty thing to do...

Until we know... eh

Could you provide sources and/or clarify what you mean about this anti-semitism pin? I’m trying to understand it but am confused. Was is a pin bringing awareness about anti-semitism? How did Belichick wear it?

I don’t think this is a political post at all fyi but now I'm curious.

could be; could not be.

I am personally not going to worry about it.

We're onto Mayo, so to speak.

Until BB retires, he's now just another coach.
I agree but just responding to this thread in particular as we know this stuff will continue in the mean time until we hit the off season and things happen to distract from the Kraft-Bill story.

I agree but just responding to this thread in particular as we know this stuff will continue in the mean time until we hit the off season and things happen to distract from the Kraft-Bill story.
what can I say Kdo besides If this is the hill someone wants to die on to make a point

Confused Curb Your Enthusiasm GIF

I didn't know what forum to place this in, and though it skirts around politics, it really has no politics in it and it doesn't necessitate ANY discussion of politics whatsoever. There's also a WAR thread so other things can be discussed there.

During Kraft's press conference with Jerod Mayo upon Mayo's hiring, Kraft made mention of how Mayo conducted himself during their trip to Israel. There are several mentions by Reiss and by Kraft in recent weeks about the importance of Kraft's antisemitism initiative for him and in general his Pro-Israel stances. At the same time Reiss wrote something weird about Belichick's firing by Kraft recently. Indeed, he lead off his article about Belichick getting fired by highlighting the way Belichick wore an antisemitism pin. It was a weird way to start. When you lead with an anecdote like that, if you're a good writer, you're leading with something that you believe is very meaningful in the larger scheme. Reiss was telling us that there's a certain level of disrespect between the two men, and he was also telling us that Belichick's behavior was actually quite callous. (Note, I am not saying that Belichick's wearing of the pin to the side of his stomach means anything about his political position or antisemitism; I'm saying it possibly had something to do with his feelings toward Kraft).

But I note that many players have made that trip to Israel with Kraft, and I just checked and there's no mention of Belichick ever doing it. When Reiss asked Belichick about the pin on the side of his belly, he just said, "This is Robert Kraft's initiative." Not, I support what the pin symbolizes. This was all in the back of mind, and I really thought that Reiss's mention was strange, but I didn't make much of it. But just now, Kraft noted that Mayo in Israel convinced him to hire Mayo. In this moment with everything going on, did Belichick's callousness to Robert's causes and the fact he never went with the Krafts on these visits just add to Kraft's sense that he couldn't employ someone who was wishy-washy about certain world concerns right now?

Yes, I opened up a can of worms. But this is more personal than it is political.
I also agree it was weird way to start out a story by Reiss and it was an unusual location for the pin and a cryptic response from BB when asked.

I wonder if BB was being a dink towards Bob re: Kraft not wearing the Serbian pin.

Never knew about this but it is kinda disrespectful to wear a pin on the side of your stomach.

At the end of the day Bill and Bob were never close. It was always a business relationship and that’s been written about many times. Bill distanced himself from the other key figures in the organization; the Krafts and Brady. Last week I was listening to one of the reporters who years ago asked Brady that when it was all over and they were old if he would hang with Bill and reminisce. Brady laughed at it. There’s no personal relationship with Bill like there is with the Krafts. Kind of a shame.

Dont know the background behind this pin but this who BB has been . I remember reading this before

So coaches are wearing camo hats and camo sweatshirts and even camo headsets … all of which you can purchase. The USO, the Wounded Warrior Project and the Pat Tillman Foundation are beneficiaries.

Well, not all the coaches are wearing camo.

The New England Patriots' Bill Belichick has yet to put any on. He has worn a pin with camouflage on it, but not the full garb. A couple other coaches have worn only the camo headsets or the pin, but it's no surprise Belichick has gone low-key.

The campaign has left fans of both football and fashion confused … is Tom Coughlin wearing that because he went deer hunting this morning and forgot to change? And by the way, is anyone fooled by blue camo?

Officially it is a mystery why Belichick hasn't decked himself out fully in Salute to Service apparel. Belichick has not elaborated on it since Mike Reiss of ESPNBoston brought it up last week.

Never knew about this but it is kinda disrespectful to wear a pin on the side of your stomach.

At the end of the day Bill and Bob were never close. It was always a business relationship and that’s been written about many times. Bill distanced himself from the other key figures in the organization; the Krafts and Brady. Last week I was listening to one of the reporters who years ago asked Brady that when it was all over and they were old if he would hang with Bill and reminisce. Brady laughed at it. There’s no personal relationship with Bill like there is with the Krafts. Kind of a shame.
There were reports back when the whole break up was happening that Brady always was kinda thrown off that after all these years he never had a real close relationship with Bill on a personal level. Like he knew once he left that he'd only ever talk or see Bill at some official things when it was business related again.

could be; could not be.

I am personally not going to worry about it.

We're onto Mayo, so to speak.

Until BB retires, he's now just another coach.
I'm on to seeing Shula pushed aside. Besides that, yep, whole lotta meh.

edit - i'm totally getting info mixed up lmao nvm

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back