PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Reiss's mention about the way Belichick wore the Kraft family initiative pin

Belichick is a football coach, not a public relations guy.

Why don’t Kraft take his pin’s to local colleges & see what type of warm welcome he gets.

If I was Belichick & I knew I was about to be fired, I would tell Kraft to stick his pin
Where the sun don’t shine.

Belichick is not a Jew & does not need to pick a side in the fight.
So only Jews should care about ending antisemitism? I am not Jewish but I am against antisemitism in the same way I am against any other form of discrimination. It just so happens right now there seems to be an extreme increase of antisemitism against people who really don't have anything to do with what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

Never knew about this but it is kinda disrespectful to wear a pin on the side of your stomach.

At the end of the day Bill and Bob were never close. It was always a business relationship and that’s been written about many times. Bill distanced himself from the other key figures in the organization; the Krafts and Brady. Last week I was listening to one of the reporters who years ago asked Brady that when it was all over and they were old if he would hang with Bill and reminisce. Brady laughed at it. There’s no personal relationship with Bill like there is with the Krafts. Kind of a shame.
I don't know if that's true - or will remain true.
BB famously went into the Bucs locker after that game in '21 and reportedly sat with Brady for 30min when the whole team was heading to the bus/airport. They "caught up" and I remember BB distinctly saying how he wanted to connect/correct how things went down with Brady leaving.

Yeah always found it odd how so many people on here took pleasure in how Bill dealt with media like it was so cool. 100% Kraft hated Bill's approach to media.
It was cool. The media in Boston is horrifically bad. Just terrible human beings.

It was cool. The media in Boston is horrifically bad. Just terrible human beings.
They ask questions that a HC or GM cant possibly answer honestly.

After a while the whole exercise becomes a farce.

edit - wrong thread

You keep saying this over and over. What does that have to do with Bill and the pin?

Bill should not be asked to wear a pin that has zero to do with the New England Patriots or his religion

How much has Kraft donated to local colleges?

They don’t want his pledge pin & gutless Kraft will continue funding local colleges like Harvard Business school.

So only Jews should care about ending antisemitism? I am not Jewish but I am against antisemitism in the same way I am against any other form of discrimination. It just so happens right now there seems to be an extreme increase of antisemitism against people who really don't have anything to do with what is happening in Israel and Palestine.

I am against antisemitism, but I wouldn’t wear a pin for 3 reasons

1 - A pin is nothing but a symbol for people who don’t want to confront the real problem

2 - A pin will accomplish nothing !

3 - I am not Jewish

Gutless Kraft is criticizing Belichick for not wearing a stupid pin properly while funding the Jew hating Harvard Business school

How many people at the Harvard business school are wearing Krafts pins?

Most of this is extremely fair but it will have everything to do with the 1st 2 drafts and this free agency which has to include a more than serviceable QB and a fair amount of luck. Mayo seems bright, seems to know/love football, and doesn't mind getting lovey dovey with the media. Fans want wins and trips to playoffs and that will decide the length of employment more than anything.

I agree that they will need to show continuous progress, and that it’s going only heavily on good personnel decisions. As far as the Draft goes it will take a while to gauge how they are doing, but I think Mayo has a big advantage over Belichick in free agency, became de I believe there has always been a good number of players who simply didn’t want to come and play for Belichick because he was such a ****. There was obviously some who came to play for Belichick because he was a great coach, but his reputation as a prick hurt him in recruiting players to NE.

I’m actually more interested and excited about where they are going now than I have been in years, simply because we always knew what to expect every offseason, and now we don’t. It should be really interesting to follow.

Not sure if you overlapped with the good old days of the Political Forum? That statement isn't even top 25 for that particular poster.
But he gets upset when people bring up the reputation he earned on here.

Bill should not be asked to wear a pin that has zero to do with the New England Patriots or his religion

How much has Kraft donated to local colleges?

They don’t want his pledge pin & gutless Kraft will continue funding local colleges like Harvard Business school.
I'm sure Kraft didn't wrestle Bill to the floor and pin it on his shirt. If Bill was (potentially) going to be a jerk about then he shouldn't have worn it at all.

I'm sure Kraft didn't wrestle Bill to the floor and pin it on his shirt. If Bill was (potentially) going to be a jerk about then he shouldn't have worn it at all.
I agree, but he never should have been expected to wear it.

The same way sports teams players should not be asked to wear pride flags

Youre anti semitic! You won't wear my fight antisemitism pin over your heart! and talk about my initiative!

Please let's talk about football...

if this team is using "woke" for its foundation for success... it's going to be in big trouble.

I'm baffled by the entire Pats organization at this point.

I agree, but he never should have been expected to wear it.

The same way sports teams players should not be asked to wear pride flags
Most employers would never have dreamed asking employees to do something like this. And we would be far better off if we went back to that state of affairs

Most employers would never have dreamed asking employees to do something like this. And we would be far better off if we went back to that state of affairs
Mr Peabody's Wayback Machine ON!
In the late 1990s as VP of Engineering I was required to support CEO's United Fund initiative despite my opinion that the particular charity was very ineffective in delivering substantive aid to its target recipient audience.

I think this raises a good point about the prudence of requiring any kind of statement on apparel. I know people who are pro Palestinian that might not be keen on wearing an antisemitism pin (and yes, I know one can be against antisemitism and pro Palestinian, but someone might suspect that an antisemitism pin suggests support for Israel's policies in current time), people who would not want to wear a cross or rainbow flag or BLM apparel (not because of racism but because of attitudes toward many profiting off of BLM), and so on. A person shouldn't b eput in a place where their motives for not participating in something can be held against them without being known, when the cause is not directly related to the job they are doing.

Also worthwhile noting that Bill is a vocal supporter of the Armenian struggle against Azerbaijan, a struggle that has nationally echoed solidarity with the Palestinian struggle, the two of which share similar themes of huge amounts of displacement and historic oppression.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back