PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blount wants to stay; Our RB situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Given Blount's salary and his 18 touchdowns in 2016, there is probably no other running back in the NFL within a country mile of his TD per dollar ratio. If Belichick is counting PatsFans votes, I'm hoping he stays.

I think Belichick places a value on guys like this, guys who get it, want to be here and care more about winning than breaking the bank.

Maybe it's time to explore making Blount more versatile. Special teams, catching passes, etc.

I think Belichick places a value on guys like this, guys who get it, want to be here and care more about winning than breaking the bank.

Maybe it's time to explore making Blount more versatile. Special teams, catching passes, etc.
Not a great idea. Sometimes a guy is simply better off sticking to his core strengths. We can't all be Troy Brown.

LG is a cheap power back. He already provides fantastic value just sticking to what he does best, I don't think we should worry about taking him away from that. His skillset isn't prodigious even in his "home zone" so I'd just be inclined to leave it at that and have another guy like White handle any diversification needs and let Blount just do what he does.

Why do you want him to get $3m when he will stay for less?

And this is why players shouldn't take hometown discounts. Because 1: we start expecting EVERYONE to do it, and 2: Once they do, we never want to pay them what they're actually worth, ever ever again.

I just saw that video where Blount is moving a pile of about 6 Steelers down field for another 3 yards down to the 2 in the AFC game. Would I pay a measley 3 mil for a guy who can do that to the Steelers? Oh HELL yes.

For some reason i like the guy and i want him to get paid somewhat fairly

We all know $3m/1yr for a guy who ran for 1100 yds and 18tds is fair but we all know the NEP pay RBs slightly above dishwashers.

And this is why players shouldn't take hometown discounts. Because 1: we start expecting EVERYONE to do it, and 2: Once they do, we never want to pay them what they're actually worth, ever ever again.

I just saw that video where Blount is moving a pile of about 6 Steelers down field for another 3 yards down to the 2 in the AFC game. Would I pay a measley 3 mil for a guy who can do that to the Steelers? Oh HELL yes.

he did that maybe twice during the entire season.

im a big blount advocate. im positive you can find posts where i talked about how blount was better then riddley.

unfortunately blount has developed a lot of the same issues riddley had. and just wasnt as explosive this year.

I have no clue what Belichick would pay Blount. However, I do believe that if Belichick wants Blount back, a deal will be made.

We have a fine troika at RB in White, Lewis and Blount. I expect that we'll draft a running back to add to the future mix. The alternative is to sign a replacement for Blount. Given what Belichick pays for backup free agent RB's (or any RB), I don't see playing being anxious to come unless they are serious injury risks.

I don't care, I can't stand it.
Thought of no Blount depresses me.
I have an irrational fan crush watching the guy.
One. More. Year.
I know Blount is not everyone's favorite but I really am entertained watching him play. That's what this is all about right, entertainment? Every time he gets the ball I hope to see one of his ten yard runs or him moving a pile of defenders.

Wait, guys are serious with 3M/1Y?

Obviously Blount's production is part of a system. Anywhere else he will not work, if relied on being #1 RB. He got 1M + incentives this year amd I bet BB wont offer a single dime more.

Of course he's part of a system. If he was a #1 carrying RB, NWIH we'd get him for as cheap as we have him. He's a good back for a throw-first team though, because he's got the power to carry plays when the opposing team is focused on the throw. If we were relying on the run for a big part of our yardage (instead of sneaking it in there around the GOAT's performance and mostly second and short, third and short, or goal line) we'd need a better back, but in that case, we'd be PAYING for the guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes