PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blockbuster NE news NFL trade

I don’t know. Triumph has been on this board a long time. I don’t see any reason why he would go off his rocker for this one. He’s just stating what his cousin told him. He didn’t say it’s a done deal or anything?
Oh I don’t know about that. Weak troll job by Baghdad Bob.

Right. IMO they'd need to not want Herbert in LA and also want to get out from under his 262.5m dollar contract.

But considering the substantial commitment they made to Herbert just last year, it makes me skeptical they would want out all of a sudden.

If they were hedging their bets it would make more sense to go for the pro bowl potential WR at #5, then take a 2nd tier QB prospect such as a Nix, Penix Jr. etc. in the second or maybe even a trade up to bottom of the 1st to set up a 'Jordan Love' in place to replace Rodgers situation.

What's bizarre about all this talk is that Herbert is only 26 years old so there's no pressing need to replace him any time soon. The guy is just entering his prime years and has performed at a high level by most standards.
FWIW, this contract was given out by an entirely different GM and Head Coach.

FWIW, this contract was given out by an entirely different GM and Head Coach.
I love Herbert but one of two things if they are willing to move him I’d be curious what they see if they want to move him for JJ id draft JJ at 3.

I would draft JJ at 3 but not many agree with me.
If it’s true that wolf is big on JJ but said he wasn’t going to argue with the majority if they weren’t.
Let’s say we Draft Maye it will be really interesting to see how their two careers compare.
Yes the laid back attitude of Maye concerns me vs I think McCarthy Is more intense like Tom.

Me too, he just has something, I can’t even put my finger on it but when you see it you see it.
Youngest QB, intangibles, leadership, very loose athlete who can take hits without fear, will stand in the pocket and deliver through a hit, very good scrambler and shows some ability to create, good pocket presence, very underrated athleticism and underrated rusher, reads a defense well, excellent short and medium accuracy, great footwork, pro style offense experience, big game experience, tons of room to grow. He needs work in some areas (deep ball accuracy, bulk up a little bit, improve his touch instead of relying on fastballs so much) but like, he just turned 21 - he’s not even close to his prime yet and is very moldable. I really like the kid and wouldn’t bat an eye if they took him at 3 but I bet they could manage to get him with a trade down maneuver.

The notion that Harbaugh wants to trade one of the best QB’s in the league for a dice roll on some kid is absurd.
I agree. That being said, we've been living in a world of the absurd for the last few years now, and it's getting more absurd by the day. So, there's that.

Herbert has been underwhelming.
In fairness to him, he's had less than stellar talent to work with (better than Jones had with the Patriots), but not enough to bring out his talent to its full potential.

So, my cousin is a huge Pats fan and he decided to attend this draft. He is on the ground in Detroit now.

Last night he was hanging around the hotel bar and who walks in and sets down next to him? Schefter, thats who
That's a pretty neat trick as Schefter hadn't even left for Detroit as of 13 hours ago.

Opening line from Schefter

Last edited:
Me too, he just has something, I can’t even put my finger on it but when you see it you see it.
This doesn't remind me of when I was a kid and I picked up a playboy mag in the woods behind Broad Street Elementary School but it was really a playgirl mag and I ran screaming out of the woods as fast as I could and never looked back. Not that there's anything wrong with that when you see it.

I'd like them to move Herbert too, because in my head Harbaugh is copying his brother and so far the Chargers have taken two Ravens RBs and now they want (in some people's heads... not mine) Jayden Daniels as he is Lam Jackson 2.0. The noise for JJ is deafening in order to get Daniels to drop to 3 driven by who!!... going from 5 to 3 is easily doable and Patriots brass probably like it too. #37 or 25 1st minimum would do it.

So Vikings get Herbert
Harbaugh copies bro and gets Jackson 2.0 in run offence
Patriots get capital and a good player at 5 (Maye), which gives option to move back again too.

Thinking about it even Daniels agent is trying to stop Washington taking him!

Last edited:
That's a pretty neat trick as Schefter hadn't even left for Detroit as of 13 hours ago.

Wait, people thought the OP was serious? Of course, Schefter was not in Detroit, of course his "cousin" did not talk to him, of course Schefter did not give away his information to said cousin but never used the information in any reporting, you know, his actual job. None of it made any sense at all.
I can see now how people buy the ridiculous conspiracy theories out there, this was obviously not true from the first read.

Schefter tells my cousin that the Pats have been open for business talking to virtually all teams about moving the 3rd pick. Word around the league is that Bob Kraft has been kicking *** and taking names later

Ack, no! Bob Kraft needs to taken out of the equation and put out to pasture. If this pathetic off season is any indication, we are in Big Trouble if Kraft is meddling and it sounds like he is. Unlike BB, neither Wolf or Mayo have the cajones or seniority to stand up to Kraft. It is back to the old Post-Parcells error, err, era.

But this whole thing reads like fiction. Why would Schefter talk to a nobody in a Detroit bar? Schefter it is a cool dude; his is a smart guy who would not compromise his journalistic integrity by spilling the beans to some goober in a Patriots uniform. This cannot be true....

Ack, no! Bob Kraft needs to taken out of the equation and put out to pasture. If this pathetic off season is any indication, we are in Big Trouble if Kraft is meddling and it sounds like he is. Unlike BB, neither Wolf or Mayo have the cajones or seniority to stand up to Kraft. It is back to the old Post-Parcells error, err, era.

But this whole thing reads like fiction. Why would Schefter talk to a nobody in a Detroit bar? Schefter it is a cool dude; his is a smart guy who would not compromise his journalistic integrity by spilling the beans to some goober in a Patriots uniform. This cannot be true....
It isn’t. OP is an attention seeking moron and not to be taken seriously.

As for this offseason I have no opinion on it either way but if they kept their mouths shut instead of chirping about burning some cash I don’t think many of us would care that they haven’t made a splash in FA.

In fairness to him, he's had less than stellar talent to work with (better than Jones had with the Patriots), but not enough to bring out his talent to its full potential.
A rising tide lifts all boats. How good were the Marks Brothers in Miami? I suspect they would have been average on a team without Dan Marino at QB. Look at Brady's career: he won with mostly middling talent at receiver and TE (with two obvious HoF exceptions, and some other good players like Welker and Edelman).

If it’s true that wolf is big on JJ but said he wasn’t going to argue with the majority if they weren’t.
Let’s say we Draft Maye it will be really interesting to see how their two careers compare.
Yes the laid back attitude of Maye concerns me vs I think McCarthy Is more intense like Tom.
There could be ulterior motives certainly, and we don’t know what is really being discussed behind the scenes but if Harbaugh says that JJ is the best QB in the draft, that should not be dismissed.

Harbaugh coached JJ and saw him at practice every day as well as the games.

mic drop GIF by Malaea

/thread

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore