PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Blockbuster NE news NFL trade

There could be ulterior motives certainly, and we don’t know what is really being discussed behind the scenes but if Harbaugh says that JJ is the best QB in the draft, that should not be dismissed.

Harbaugh coached JJ and saw him at practice every day as well as the games.
Herbert is damaged goods.

Maybe he coukd have been a top QB, but his confidence is shattered.

A rising tide lifts all boats. How good were the Marks Brothers in Miami? I suspect they would have been average on a team without Dan Marino at QB. Look at Brady's career: he won with mostly middling talent at receiver and TE (with two obvious HoF exceptions, and some other good players like Welker and Edelman).
Herbert is not yet even Marino, let alone Brady. So, you kind of proved my point.

If there was any universe where we ended up with Herbert there would be no happier poster on this site.

If Herbert was up for grabs this would leak out a lot more than a few rumor mills.

Herbert is not yet even Marino, let alone Brady. So, you kind of proved my point.
I fear you have misunderstood my argument. Marino and Brady elevated their surrounding cast. You are making the opposite point: Herbert has been underwhelming because his surrounding cast is subpar. If he just had better players to throw to (better blockers, a better running game, etc.), he'd show his real potential. That was precisely your argument. I'm saying the fact that he hasn't elevated his offense and team is a sign that he's not the guy. Great players (even good ones) make their teammates more productive. You see this all the time (at positions other than QB). One HoF edge rusher can make the guy on the other side a pro bowler.

I fear you have misunderstood my argument. Marino and Brady elevated their surrounding cast. You are making the opposite point: Herbert has been underwhelming because his surrounding cast is subpar. If he just had better players to throw to (better blockers, a better running game, etc.), he'd show his real potential. That was precisely your argument. I'm saying the fact that he hasn't elevated his offense and team is a sign that he's not the guy. Great players (even good ones) make their teammates more productive. You see this all the time (at positions other than QB). One HoF edge rusher can make the guy on the other side a pro bowler.
My argument was: He's not Brady or even Marino...Yet (although he won't be Brady) . It doesn't mean he can't develop into a Franchise QB. Andrew Luck was better than Herbert, but the Colts continually failed to provide him with a solid OL and supporting cast. He still did well though, but he too didn't reach his full potential), and ultimately had to retire by 30 due to the severe beating he took. Let's just agree to disagree. I'm not disputing what you're saying, I am saying that he's not a bust and his best football could be ahead of him. Let's not throw him under the proverbial bus just yet.

If Herbert was up for grabs this would leak out a lot more than a few rumor mills.
If I was San Diego (LA now I guess but whatever), I’d want to keep any trade talks as quiet as possible. The extreme likelihood that he won’t be moved would alienate Herbert and create a very awkward situation.

So, my cousin is a huge Pats fan and he decided to attend this draft. He is on the ground in Detroit now.

Last night he was hanging around the hotel bar and who walks in and sets down next to him? Schefter, thats who. They get talking, but its respectful like and not like my cousin is drooling all over Schefter telling him how great he is. So, the conversation steers towards the Pats. My cousin is decked out NE regalia Bruins hat and of course Pats # 9 Judon jersey.

Schefter tells my cousin that the Pats have been open for business talking to virtually all teams about moving the 3rd pick. Word around the league is that Bob Kraft has been kicking *** and taking names later and Kraft wants to hit the ground running reaching the playoffs this season to further embarrass Bill Belichick.

Schefter told my cousin that there is a trade offer on the table right now that would send Herbert to NE so the LA Chargers could take

So, my cousin is a huge Pats fan and he decided to attend this draft. He is on the ground in Detroit now.

Last night he was hanging around the hotel bar and who walks in and sets down next to him? Schefter, thats who. They get talking, but its respectful like and not like my cousin is drooling all over Schefter telling him how great he is. So, the conversation steers towards the Pats. My cousin is decked out NE regalia Bruins hat and of course Pats # 9 Judon jersey.

Schefter tells my cousin that the Pats have been open for business talking to virtually all teams about moving the 3rd pick. Word around the league is that Bob Kraft has been kicking *** and taking names later and Kraft wants to hit the ground running reaching the playoffs this season to further embarrass Bill Belichick.

Schefter told my cousin that there is a trade offer on the table right now that would send Herbert to NE so the LA Chargers could take JJ McCarthy.
no offense...but i doubt Schefter is schlepping info around a hotel bar

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back