PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
2.9 yards/carry against Pittsburgh, which is the game we were talking about. Try to keep up, little guy.

Seriously, are you slow? I could take one game of Jim Brown or OJ Simpson and find a mediocre YPC. ONE GAME. What's wrong with you? He scored the most touchdowns of any running back in 7 years?

Really, go to school or something.

Fire up the duck boats!

I just don't get the hate on Blount. I'm fine with going younger but he doesn't deserve to get crapped on.He came up big for them when Brady was out.

We can all agree that sb51 could have easily been a loss. And if we had loss, you could place 75% of the blame on Blount. Hell, Asante and Welker are STILL hated by some.

We can all agree that sb51 could have easily been a loss. And if we had loss, you could place 75% of the blame on Blount. Hell, Asante and Welker are STILL hated by some.

Could have been, if so. Wow, that's bizarre.

To be fair, I said he'd be a bum on any team other than NE - and that's still 100% true. He'll be an excellent CB2 here.

Blount still sucks, though.
LMAO.

Well, sorry to see Blount go, as seems certain now. Pats made an offer, left it out there, and he wanted more. I'd be very interested in seeing what that offer was, and what Blount thought he should get.

Ah well. This is a very good backfield. All four can catch and block.

Still think Deus was onto something and we might see Burkhead flex into the slot, particularly if injuries hit the wideouts.

Damn this team is deeeeeeeeeep.

Seriously, are you slow? I could take one game of Jim Brown or OJ Simpson and find a mediocre YPC. ONE GAME. What's wrong with you? He scored the most touchdowns of any running back in 7 years?

Really, go to school or something.

Who said I was basing it on one game? I was commenting on the Steelers game because someone brought it up.

Blount is trash and has now been upgraded. He's gone. Go cry elsewhere.

An 18 TD season just gets no respect these days.

18 goal line TDs get no respect. People here correctly bagged on Peyton for his 1 yard TDs, but for some reason, give credit to Blount for TDs that were a result of the rest of the outstanding offense and the threat of the passing game.

Blount is trash, and today is a great day.

18 goal line TDs get no respect. People here correctly bagged on Peyton for his 1 yard TDs, but for some reason, give credit to Blount for TDs that were a result of the rest of the outstanding offense and the threat of the passing game.

Wow, if what you say about 18 1 yard TD's isn't actually bullcrap, then he averaged 4.1 ypc in non-goalline situations. Not bad at all for a large bruising back.

You obviously missed a very good 2016 season.

Blount tends not to get it done in the playoffs/SB's but he was great value in 2016.

Last edited:
You obviously missed a very good 2016 season.

Blount tends not to get it done in the playoffs/SB's but he was great value in 2016.

Great value is different from a good season. He has good value because he cost next to nothing. He did nothing of note other than accumulate yards vs bad teams and get in the end zone from the 1 yard line due to the threat of the GOAT and his red zone weapons.

Blount is trash, and today is a great day.
Incredibly harsh
Give the man some due he had runs where he would carry 3 or 4 players he was a team first guy not a locker room cancer he has no business being called trash.

Now as he got older the 3rd and 3 and 2's was something he struggled with because he needed a head of steam to run and when they would stack the box and blitz the run he wasn't elusive or quick twitched enough to make anyone miss.
That being said seems like a great team mate and fun guy.
Gilessie has a hole to fill in the team mate department.

Presumably Gillislee, Burkhead and Lewis will share the 1st/2nd down back while Lewis and White will share the main third down back.

It'll be about matchups and offensive strategy more than it will be about what down it is.

Great value is different from a good season. He has good value because he cost next to nothing. He did nothing of note other than accumulate yards vs bad teams and get in the end zone from the 1 yard line due to the threat of the GOAT and his red zone weapons.

3 of his 4 100+ yard games were against teams that made the playoffs.

But, please, keep slinging .......

They are loaded period, especially on offense. OL can be bolstered but the skill positions are sick and deep. As units go they are stacked at QB, TE, WR, and RB. Going into the draft their only real need is DE/LB Edge rusher role.
This si a very young OL and especially on the interior, barely out of diapers. It will mature into a very good line.

No, you didn't. He has not shown up against literally any team other than the Colts, and his game against the Colts had nothing to do with him.

I see :rolleyes: Next I guess you're going to tell us you could of laced them up and ran for 148 in the AFC Championship game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News