PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was very team-friendly in relation to his contribution (6 yr(s) / $14,955,000): Rodney Harrison

On a side note, wasn't Blount also getting paid by the Steelers while he played for the Patriots in 2014-2015?
I think his deal with Pittsburgh was fairly lucrative though I don't recall the details.

In any case I don't get all of he Blunt bashing. Not every guy on the roster can be an all pro. The guy performed well for his role IMO.

No idea, what inferiority complex comment you're referring to, little guy. Your posts are usually "must skip" for me. The reason your comments about the Falcons stood out are obvious - you were so over the top and adamant that the NE defense would struggle. There's no reason to have hurt feelings about that. You're the one who ended up looking like an enormous idiot, since you were wrong as usual, while only hours after the AFCCG, I had already identified the weak spots on Atlanta's OL and said the Patriots should target Chester and Mack. This is, of course, exactly what the Patriots did, and exploiting those holes and creating pressure in key moments is what allowed them to win the game.

You should probably actually read what I wrote. I never said, or even implied, that Butler has never covered #1 WRs without help, nor did I say anything about CB1s never receiving safety help - indeed, I outlined the fact that he did, and that he was burned badly on several occasions, due to his lack of size and/or speed. I said that Bill's philosophy of matching up different CBs with different WRs has limited the ability of opposing offenses to exploit Butler's weaknesses.

Best part of your post is acting as if recognizing coverages is rocket science. It speaks volumes about your level of intelligence and education that you'd think it's the epitome of intellect. Even more hilarious is the fact that the Patriots played a considerable amount of Cover 2 this past season, with one of the top safeties in the entire league, and a generally strong safety unit as a whole, splitting the deep passing zones in half. In fact, some of their best performances of the season came when they were primarily in Cover 2, giving the corners plenty of safety help. The AFCCG that you brought up earlier was a perfect example. The Patriots were in Cover 2 for most of it, especially after Bell went down, and paying extra attention to Brown. Brown was often double, or even triple teamed, and especially as the Steelers got closer to the end zone. It certainly wasn't Butler out there covering Brown by himself as you absurdly tried to imply.

Regarding your last paragraph, you once again display incredibly atrocious reading comprehension. I never said he wouldn't be a CB1 on other teams. I actually said the exact opposite. My whole premise was based on the fact that he would be a CB1 on other teams, and that he would be used as a traditional CB1 - i.e. he'd be covering the #1 WRs without safety help more frequently, thus exposing his weaknesses, and resulting in him performing far more poorly than in NE, because he wouldn't be utilized correctly. Really not that difficult to comprehend - even for someone like you.

This conversation would have went a lot better had the ghetto school you attended prepared you better with regards to reading comprehension and critical thinking. I think you should be on a 1 year prove it deal. You need to go a full year without being entirely wrong about literally everything you post, as you were last season, before I can take anything you say seriously. This will go in effect at the start of the regular season. You've got plenty of time to practice until then, kiddo.

************, please get a doctor.

And @Ross12 , please lock this guy out of this thread - - he refuses to stay on the subject.

************, please get a doctor.

And @Ross12 , please lock this guy out of this thread - - he refuses to stay on the subject.

You have the ability to block him yourself and to block whole threads if you want.

No idea, what inferiority complex comment you're referring to, little guy. Your posts are usually "must skip" for me. The reason your comments about the Falcons stood out are obvious - you were so over the top and adamant that the NE defense would struggle. There's no reason to have hurt feelings about that. You're the one who ended up looking like an enormous idiot, since you were wrong as usual, while only hours after the AFCCG, I had already identified the weak spots on Atlanta's OL and said the Patriots should target Chester and Mack. This is, of course, exactly what the Patriots did, and exploiting those holes and creating pressure in key moments is what allowed them to win the game.

Yeah. They're so must skip that you remember all of them. I'm still awaiting on proof that I "lost it" and said that the Patriots would fail in spite of any adjustments that Belichick would make. Link please. Meanwhile, back in the reality, I was one of the only guys that called the comeback in the game thread at halftime. Let's review:

1. The LB's had issues with athleticism. Documented. You're welcome to believe otherwise if you wish.

2. The speed of their backs did hurt the Patriots at the beginning of the game, hence why the aforementioned adjustments happened as well.

Both of these were correct observations. Any attempt that you make to point out that the LB's were the epitome of athleticism will be laughed out of the building. Your massive, and hilarious, inferiority complex is well documented to anyone that bothers to read your rambling train wreck of a post from time to time. You then use the success of the team to smooth it out. You know this, though, which is why this triggered response was just typed up.

You should probably actually read what I wrote. I never said, or even implied, that Butler has never covered #1 WRs without help, nor did I say anything about CB1s never receiving safety help - indeed, I outlined the fact that he did, and that he was burned badly on several occasions, due to his lack of size and/or speed. I said that Bill's philosophy of matching up different CBs with different WRs has limited the ability of opposing offenses to exploit Butler's weaknesses.

You're getting confused and struggling badly as a result. Let me help you out: you attempted to use the fact that Butler was getting help covering #1 wideouts as proof that he's not a CB1...

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

He's often too small or not fast enough to be on the other team's top WR without help. Leaving him on an island against the WR1 consistently would result in trouble. Against Brown in the AFCCG, he had help. NE had 2, sometimes 3, guys on Brown. He's not a guy who can be used as a traditional #1 corner, and doing so consistently, as would be likely if he were to play for any other team and a lesser coach, would expose his lack of size and speed.

...this is in spite of the fact that other sure fire CB1's have also had help in taking on the top WR's in the league. I mentioned two: Sherman and Revis in his prime. Your argument, as it usually tends to do, fails.

Best part of your post is acting as if recognizing coverages is rocket science. It speaks volumes about your level of intelligence and education that you'd think it's the epitome of intellect.

For likely overweight, nerd banker that obviously never played the game competitively and watches wrestling, different coverage packages are akin to decoding the Matrix.

Even more hilarious is the fact that the Patriots played a considerable amount of Cover 2 this past season, with one of the top safeties in the entire league, and a generally strong safety unit as a whole, splitting the deep passing zones in half.

LOL, Jesus. No... they didn't. They played Cover-2 based on the opponent. They also showed Quarters and Cover-3 and Cover-4 with some opponents (Seattle and Baltimore) and Cover-1/Cover-1 Robber with others (the Texans). Like any other team, they mixed it up.

In fact, some of their best performances of the season came when they were primarily in Cover 2, giving the corners plenty of safety help.

Won't argue with this. They turned in some fine performances out of the Cover-2.

The AFCCG that you brought up earlier was a perfect example. The Patriots were in Cover 2 for most of it, especially after Bell went down, and paying extra attention to Brown. Brown was often double, or even triple teamed, and especially as the Steelers got closer to the end zone. It certainly wasn't Butler out there covering Brown by himself as you absurdly tried to imply.

And here's that reading comprehension thing that you were talking about. Nowhere did I make the claim that Butler stuck him by himself every down. That's a straw man to go along with the litany of other logical fallacies you've peddled here. What I DID claim is that Butler did stick him one on one at times. Especially later in the game on a huge pass break up that Harmon wasn't around until after the ball hit the turf...

632424280.jpg

Butler also stuck Brown one on one throughout the regular season contest, notably on the interception where he mocked Brown afterward.

Regarding your last paragraph, you once again display incredibly atrocious reading comprehension. I never said he wouldn't be a CB1 on other teams. I actually said the exact opposite. My whole premise was based on the fact that he would be a CB1 on other teams, and that he would be used as a traditional CB1 - i.e. he'd be covering the #1 WRs without safety help more frequently, thus exposing his weaknesses, and resulting in him performing far more poorly than in NE, because he wouldn't be utilized correctly. Really not that difficult to comprehend - even for someone like you.

This conversation would have went a lot better had the ghetto school you attended prepared you better with regards to reading comprehension and critical thinking. I think you should be on a 1 year prove it deal. You need to go a full year without being entirely wrong about literally everything you post, as you were last season, before I can take anything you say seriously. This will go in effect at the start of the regular season. You've got plenty of time to practice until then, kiddo.

Coming from someone that's so turned around at this point that he doesn't even have a clue about what he's actually arguing about anymore (as evidenced by the prior quote of you above), this is comedy gold. It makes it even better when you consider the fact that it's coming from a guy that most of the people on this forum consider the biggest idiot here. Keep on trucking, dork.

I don't believe in Ignore. There is only one poster I have on Ignore.

Light is better than darkness, Grasshopper. People should not hijack threads.

Whenever you get a chance @Ross12 and crew, please cull this thread from those two guys.

Whenever you get a chance @Ross12 and crew, please cull this thread from those two guys.
Sorry I just now saw this! But thank you for the heads up. I think we should be okay now.

That's your bliss, man. I refuse to heed the caustic toxicity of deliberate pains-in-the-butt here who live to stir crap up.

That's your bliss, man. I refuse to heed the caustic toxicity of deliberate pains-in-the-butt here who live to stir crap up.

The two guys in this thread are usually fine, they just screwed up this particular one, but @Ross took care of it, so hakuna matata.......

Like I said, I have only one poster who is so toxic I've had to put on Ignore in the last few years.

About Jonas Gray? Yeah, I bet they still do. The guy was a complete bum, but he raped them without breaking a sweat in their own building.

You missed the AFC CG that year. It was a great game!

The two guys in this thread are usually fine, they just screwed up this particular one, but @Ross took care of it, so hakuna matata.......

Like I said, I have only one poster who is so toxic I've had to put on Ignore in the last few years.

I've yet to use the ignore feature, myself. Would much rather work through differences of opinion or just move on. To each his own.

I'm still here. The king reigns supreme. :rolleyes:

I've yet to use the ignore feature, myself. Would much rather work through differences of opinion or just move on. To each his own.

I used to use it, but it's too much like a safe space. So I cut everyone loose and ever since then it's been a free for all.

Oh of course. Everyone gets their asses handed to them from time to time. You're right though that I've never seen it moved to another thread. I don't know if I should be complimented or creeped out.

I agree but I didn't want to agree with your response in the wrong thread so I brought it back here. :D

Who said I was basing it on one game? I was commenting on the Steelers game because someone brought it up.

Blount is trash and has now been upgraded. He's gone. Go cry elsewhere.

"Who said I was basing it on one game? I was commenting on the Steelers game"

"2.9 yards/carry against Pittsburgh"

"He's right here. Carrying 7 Steelers towards the End Zone."

"It's too bad he couldn't carry his statline to something better than 2.9 yards/carry."
For 2 games against **** teams? Where has he been in the playoffs his entire career with New England?

2014 IND W45-7 30 [148yds 4.9ypc]
2013 IND W43-22 24[166yds 6.92 ypc]

I'm getting close to using it with Fourner, not that I have a problem with him just when I find I'm scrolling past every post resenting that it's cluttering my feed it seems easier to just set ignore and let automation take care of it for me.

I'm getting close to using it with Fourner, not that I have a problem with him just when I find I'm scrolling past every post resenting that it's cluttering my feed it seems easier to just set ignore and let automation take care of it for me.
Understood. I'm guessing that others posters share your same idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back