PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the flip side, I'm not so sure anybody would have gotten any yardage against the Broncos and Ravens.

Blount was useless against Denver even this season, when their run defense had taken a step back, whereas Lewis had a very good game, and was probably our offensive MVP in that game.

I really loved Blount, he was a beast for the Pats. Reminds me of Antowain Smith, big, strong, ran hard, just a solid RB. And as far as I can tell, he was a great teammate.

That being said, he came up pretty small in Super Bowls. Got shut down, fumbled, just wasn't a big time SB performer. I'm ready for to see what Gillislee and Burkhead bring to the table. Though not as big as Blount, both run hard and don't give up. Have a little speed and wiggle as well. And also good pass receivers as well. Gonna be an interesting offense.

They are loaded period, especially on offense. OL can be bolstered but the skill positions are sick and deep. As units go they are stacked at QB, TE, WR, and RB. Going into the draft their only real need is DE/LB Edge rusher role.

Agree, but c'mon, Ivan, pretty loaded on defense too.
Best secondary in the league. 2 of the top 7 cbs, both proven #1's, plus Rowe, an excellent #3. Dmac and Chung arguably best safety tandem but then you add Harmon, who right now is better than most of the starting free safeties in the league and you're 6 deep with starter quality in all 6. So whether you go big nickel,nickel,whatever,you got it covered.
Malcolm and Gilmore both can go one on one with most of the top wrs in the league. Yes,most of the top wrs in the league aren't that tall. Julio is an exception. Brown is 5'10", no one covers him better than Butler. Beckham's only 6'. For the taller guys we got Rowe and Gilmore. Chung can handle tes. This group compensates for any shortcomings with the passrush.
Ah, the passrush. Not as bad as a lotta casual fans make it out to be. Flowers is an emerging star. They need another guy to go with him. But their interior passrushers is very good. Hightower's one of the best interior rushers in the league, flowers can do it well, brown has done a little.
The DTS are very good and deep.
Lbs- High speaks for himself- Roberts fills a niche and of course,chung plays a lot at that s)lb hybrid teams are going to.
This was one of the best defenses in the NFL last year- I'd argue they're better on paper right now- Gilmore offsets losing Sheard,long and ryan- plus the young dudes- Butler,Harmon,flowers,brown,Valentine should be even better with experience.
Add one edge-rusher,probably thru draft, that's all they need. But even w/o, this is a top 3 defense to go with probably the #1 offense and always superb special teams. Let's go!

Agree, but c'mon, Ivan, pretty loaded on defense too.
Best secondary in the league. 2 of the top 7 cbs, both proven #1's, plus Rowe, an excellent #3. Dmac and Chung arguably best safety tandem but then you add Harmon, who right now is better than most of the starting free safeties in the league and you're 6 deep with starter quality in all 6. So whether you go big nickel,nickel,whatever,you got it covered.
Malcolm and Gilmore both can go one on one with most of the top wrs in the league. Yes,most of the top wrs in the league aren't that tall. Julio is an exception. Brown is 5'10", no one covers him better than Butler. Beckham's only 6'. For the taller guys we got Rowe and Gilmore. Chung can handle tes. This group compensates for any shortcomings with the passrush.
Ah, the passrush. Not as bad as a lotta casual fans make it out to be. Flowers is an emerging star. They need another guy to go with him. But their interior passrushers is very good. Hightower's one of the best interior rushers in the league, flowers can do it well, brown has done a little.
The DTS are very good and deep.
Lbs- High speaks for himself- Roberts fills a niche and of course,chung plays a lot at that s)lb hybrid teams are going to.
This was one of the best defenses in the NFL last year- I'd argue they're better on paper right now- Gilmore offsets losing Sheard,long and ryan- plus the young dudes- Butler,Harmon,flowers,brown,Valentine should be even better with experience.
Add one edge-rusher,probably thru draft, that's all they need. But even w/o, this is a top 3 defense to go with probably the #1 offense and always superb special teams. Let's go!

This team is going to be fun to watch in 2017. Never has it been more true that injuries are the only thing that can derail them. Even then, I think they're more well prepared to deal with injuries this season due to their depth.

Might I add, I really wanted the Pats to draft RB D'onta Foremen from Texas, always thought he'd make a good Blount replacement.

Actually he was here for 3 full seasons and 5 games in 2014. He made basically the vet minimum the whole time. I can't think of a patriot free agent who has produced more than Blunt has for less.
Rodney Harrison on line 2

I wasn't sure about the signing until I watched this dude's analysis. Makes Collinsworth and Gruden sound like amateurs.

Go get 'em Gazelle, I mean....Geezle!

Exactly the sort of hard hitting analysis one expects from a sophisticated squealer fan.

:D

This team is going to be fun to watch in 2017. Never has it been more true that injuries are the only thing that can derail them. Even then, I think they're more well prepared to deal with injuries this season due to their depth.

I've never seen quality depth like this at so many positions on both sides of the ball. And while I was hoping Pats would trade JG for a high 1st rounder, gotta say I'd still feel pretty good if (godforbidshutyourfreakinmouth) TB couldn't go for some reason(NO,NO,NO), that JG could win big games with all the weapons around him. Gronk,cooks,je11 and maybe a fully recovered,back to ankle-breaking Dion on the field at the same time. How the hell do you defend that? Not even mentioning the multi-varied skills all the other rbs bring plus Mitchell,Hogan,Danny and Allen. Damn.

It's too bad he couldn't carry his statline to something better than 2.9 yards/carry.

He produced 18 TD's during the regular season and ran his ass off. He was signed as a value RB or depth and he produced 18 TD's, provided some "F**K Yeah" moments and was a great guy to watch. I think he gave the Pats everything he could. He definitely wasn't a wasted roster spot.

Anyways I enjoyed having on the team. I have no problem the Pats trying to upgrade the position.

3.9 yards/ carry with numerous 1 yard line TD's sounds a bit misleading to me.

Last edited:
Exactly the sort of hard hitting analysis one expects from a sophisticated squealer fan.

:D

When he talked about Dion Lewis scoring the game-winning touchdown in the Super Bowl to complete the epic comeback....brought back such great memories.

You're a freaking idiot. Look up his stat lines, I did.

2.9 yards/carry against Pittsburgh, which is the game we were talking about. Try to keep up, little guy.

Tony, there's a non-football reason why Blount, and a number of others, who contributed significantly to the team's great season are suddenly trash to some around here.

The thing is BB would use whichever RB he thought would be most effective against that weeks Defense and would even switch them out during a game depending on down and yardage situations.

You don't score 18 TD's without being a decent RB.

His biggest game of the year may have been the first game of the year and that was a very important game because it was Arizona, it was the first start of JG's career and it was the first game TB was suspended. The whole NFL was waiting for the Patriots to fall without Brady and that win was the beginning of a huge FU back at them. LB had a great game along with a power running TD in the third quarter to put the Pats up 17-7 in a close game.

This was one of those "F Yeah" moments he gave us.

upload_2017-4-24_20-28-38.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back