PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't get the hate on Blount. I'm fine with going younger but he doesn't deserve to get crapped on.He came up big for them when Brady was out.

For 2 games against **** teams? Where has he been in the playoffs his entire career with New England?

I really think the running game is going to be more consistent in 2017. Blount was totally gassed late in the season.

I don't think consistency was a problem.

But it will be more exciting running game - and most of all - more unpredictable offence . with all RB's at least demanding respect as dual threat..

Solids RBs...Good WRs...two good TEs...I love this team. Still need some more depth ect but what a squad

The only thing surprising about was how long it took the Bills to come to this conclusion and that they ended up making the correct decision. This WAS the right decision for the Bills. Meanwhile we shall see if it was the right one for the Pats.

Looking back to this time last season, here was were we were at. We had Blount back, but most considered him camp fodder last April. We had White, who got stopped by the first guy who ever touched him. We had Lewis, who wasn't going to be on the field until Novemeber, and Boldin who was a special teamer.

However this season we have have Gillislee and Burkhead who led the league in run effeciency stats. Both are explosive but untested over the course of a long season. We will have a healthier Lewis, and White who no longer can be completely disregarded as a runner. So right now the team is almost infinitely better today (on paper) than they were this time last year.

Sorry to see LGB leave this team. He helped carry this team early in the season and ran the ball well. Clearly by the end of it, he was gassed and didn't have much left. He was a good football player and a better teammate. That WILL be missed. I wish him well.

I'm pretty happy he is on board.

Kinda bummed out as this pretty much brings finality to LG moving on. Only way he is back is if someone gets hurt and he smokes dope and quits on his new team. :p

"Shady" McCoy is still a great back but he isn't gettin' any younger either. Risky and surprising move by the Bills to let him walk.

Last edited:
Now Am I the only one reading his name Gilleslie or Gillespie?

Dizzy.gif

Blount is what he is. He is a goal line back and a closer back in the 4th quarter when the team is up 15.

BUT he has been pretty nonexistent in the playoffs the past 3 years minus the colts game.

The pats tried to run against atlanta and couldnt do anything

So based on what happened last year in Buffalo, will Gillislee get a bildo thrown near him? :D

EDIT-I had a premonition from one of the GDT all-stars the first time Gillislee gets stuffed for a loss: "OMG, I need to see more from Gillislee, I'm worried now, BB is a bad GM, time to switch to the Sox game"

Seriously. Guy busted his ass for us in two tours.
Actually he was here for 3 full seasons and 5 games in 2014. He made basically the vet minimum the whole time. I can't think of a patriot free agent who has produced more than Blunt has for less.

Seriously. Guy busted his ass for us in two tours.

By that you mean, "he took a 5 week vacation each year starting in January, and was gifted 2 rings by his teammates during that 4 year period."

Actually he was here for 3 full seasons and 5 games in 2014. He made basically the vet minimum the whole time. I can't think of a patriot free agent who has produced more than Blunt has for less.

I don't think he's equating "tours" with "seasons" but instead referring to the fact that he has come to New England twice after being on another team.

Your point still stands though, and I agree that he certainly has provided tremendous value (especially at the goal line).

By that you mean, "he took a 5 week vacation each year starting in January, and was gifted 2 rings by his teammates during that 4 year period."

I don't think we should just write off what he has done during the regular season.

Your point about his lack of performance against teams OTHER THAN the Colts is noted though. Come to think of it, has any RB flourished on the ground (not receptions) in the Brady era in a playoff game against a team other than the Colts?

Lawrence Maroney against San Diego in 2007 playoffs comes to mind, but that might be it.

I'm on record saying how overrated I thought Blount was, but he did seem like a great teammate who worked hard. And I loved his militia-celebration. I thank him and wish him well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back