PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if saints flip ingram and a pick for sherman if they end up signing ap. Moving on from butler

Now Am I the only one reading his name Gilleslie or Gillespie?

Would be interesting to see Blount land somewhere where they can open some decent holes. If I was him I would avoid GB...

Presumably Gillislee, Burkhead and Lewis will share the 1st/2nd down back while Lewis and White will share the main third down back.

I think it will be an emphasis to have RBs catch out of the backfield in this coming season, which is probably the reason why BB is having four good RBs on the roster.

Narrative just went from

"WOW BILL BLEW IT AGAIN! Shouldn't have wasted all that money on Guy and Gilmore and he could have afforded him!"

to

"Mike this is UNBELIEVABLE! They win the Super Bowl and cheapen out on Blount and overpay for this Gillee guy. Belichick's hubris knows no bounds."
Or how about "WOW! THE BILLS BLEW IT AGAIN!" :D

I wonder if saints flip ingram and a pick for sherman if they end up signing ap. Moving on from butler
Don't see why Seattle would want Ingram.

Alternate way to think of it, Saints trying to get "all in" on this year may make them more interested in getting Butler.

Four legit RBs, five legit WRs, and two legit TEs. The 2017 Pats have to be the deepest offense since the 2009 Saints.

Presumably Gillislee, Burkhead and Lewis will share the 1st/2nd down back while Lewis and White will share the main third down back. I think it will be an emphasis to have RBs catch out of the backfield in this coming season, which is probably the reason why BB is having four good RBs on the roster.
I am STOKED about the Pats running game for the first time since we lost the Ridley/Vereen combo. How they use the Gillislee/Burkhead two-headed beast will be fun to watch unfold.

Not sure it will be an emphasis to have RB's catch with the WR and TE group that the Pats will have......These backs can not only catch, but they look like they could be pretty decent in the running game.......I can't wait to see what the offense does this year...Defenses are gonna have their hands full stopping this O if everyone stays fairly healthy....

Gill had 8.3 ypc vs Miami....That has to be in the back of BB's mind when he gameplans for the Finz :)

Saints "we will respect Ingram by paying Peterson less..."

BB "I'm here to win football games." (Not to "respect" Blount)

Not sure it will be an emphasis to have RB's catch with the WR and TE group that the Pats will have......These backs can not only catch, but they look like they could be pretty decent in the running game.......I can't wait to see what the offense does this year...Defenses are gonna have their hands full stopping this O if everyone stays fairly healthy....
It won't be an emphasis but it'll be must see TV when the field is stretched for Dion to come out of the backfield one on one with any defender (well, almost any defender) trying to take him down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back