PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bills do NOT match Gillislee

Status
Not open for further replies.
The same team that Gray had 200 yards against that season. Not impressed at all. We could have put you at RB in the 2014 AFCCG, and the result would have been the same.

All I'm doing is answering your question about when will he show up in the playoffs. I don't care if you're impressed or not.

2014 AFCCG - 148 yards 3 TD's

Legarrette Blount's entire playoff career with the Patriots outside of 2 games against Indianapolis (perhaps the most pathetic Jonas Gray run defense of our time):

6 Games:

57 carries, 156 yds (2.7 ypc), 1 TD

Edit: Oh yeah, and a momentum-killing fumble in Super Bowl 51.

Last edited:
Hopefully he can bring a more consistent running game. And with that I mean running against teams when they know you are going to run. brady is deadly with play action.

Im interested to see how the depth chart works out though. Gillislee, burkhead, white, lewis...will they all get touches?

By that you mean, "he took a 5 week vacation each year starting in January, and was gifted 2 rings by his teammates during that 4 year period."

Believe it or not pretty much every game is important if you want to win a Super Bowl, that's why fans in this forum are gnashing their teeth over home field every December. So while Blount wasn't a big producer in the playoffs he still contributed significantly to their last two Lombardi's. And given the defense's they were facing in the playoffs the past 3 seasons it's not surprising Blount didn't produce much because other than the Colts game they faced Denver, Baltimore, and Seattle, and their game plans were pass heavy.

I'm not arguing that Blount is a great back, he's closer to BJGE than he is Corey Dillon, but either way he definitely doesn't deserve the disrespect some a-hole fans (e.g...You) are showing here.

so excited we got him...absolutely loaded at RB

They are loaded period, especially on offense. OL can be bolstered but the skill positions are sick and deep. As units go they are stacked at QB, TE, WR, and RB. Going into the draft their only real need is DE/LB Edge rusher role.

Believe it or not pretty much every game is important if you want to win a Super Bowl, that's why fans in this forum are gnashing their teeth over home field every December. So while Blount wasn't a big producer in the playoffs he still contributed significantly to their last two Lombardi's. And given the defense's they were facing in the playoffs the past 3 seasons it's not surprising Blount didn't produce much because other than the Colts game they faced Denver, Baltimore, and Seattle, and their game plans were pass heavy.

I'm not arguing that Blount is a great back, he's closer to BJGE than he is Corey Dillon, but either way he definitely doesn't deserve the disrespect some a-hole fans (e.g...You) are showing here.

This is the same guy that was smack talking Malcolm Butler when he was about to go the Saints. Turns out the Patriots value him more than Fourier does.

Anyway, I'm excited about the Gillislee pick-up. He's nothing special, but he's a one cut and go back that can break the initial tackle attempt. He's basically tailor made for the offense the Pats appear to be running in 2017 and will benefit a lot from boxes that aren't absolutely loaded on every single down.

All I'm doing is answering your question about when will he show up in the playoffs. I don't care if you're impressed or not.

No, you didn't. He has not shown up against literally any team other than the Colts, and his game against the Colts had nothing to do with him.

Hopefully he can bring a more consistent running game. And with that I mean running against teams when they know you are going to run. brady is deadly with play action.

Im interested to see how the depth chart works out though. Gillislee, burkhead, white, lewis...will they all get touches?

That looks like a great backfield with depth at each RB position.....( 1st down/2nd down/3rd down/ ....... I wonder if Josh uses a 2 RB set with Gill and White/Lewis with Gronk, Jules and Cooks as receivers.....That will be fun to watch......

They could have put anyone back there, and they would have had the exact same amount of success and the exact same number of SBs that they have had since Blount joined the team.

Blount was one of the least significant contributors to the 2014 and 2016 SBs.

That in of itself is worthy of a thread.

Figure from last year 400 carries went to RBs (minus all QBs and WR gadgets)

Gotta think Gillislee will be the 200 carry guy.

Burkhead is 100 or so and DLew and Whitey grab 50 each.

With that said in 2012 and 2004 ~480 carries went to RBs. If they go with a more run-heavy attack then I'd expect the same percentages .

In the passing game White and DLew are getting the touches. Unless it's a bail out dump off it's dumb to throw it to the other two more than once a game

They are loaded period, especially on offense. OL can be bolstered but the skill positions are sick and deep. As units go they are stacked at QB, TE, WR, and RB. Going into the draft their only real need is DE/LB Edge rusher role.

Agree, but I'd still like to see an upgrade at center.

Anyway, I'm excited about the Gillislee pick-up. He's nothing special, but he's a one cut and go back that can break the initial tackle attempt. He's basically tailor made for the offense the Pats appear to be running in 2017 and will benefit a lot from boxes that aren't absolutely loaded on every single down.

I wouldn't say he's "nothing special." He averaged 5.9 YPC, which is the MOST out of any RB with over 100 attempts last season. He obliterated Ezekiel Elliot in this category. Can he be something special? yeah I think he can.

This is the same guy that was smack talking Malcolm Butler when he was about to go the Saints. Turns out the Patriots value him more than Fourier does.

To be fair, I said he'd be a bum on any team other than NE - and that's still 100% true. He'll be an excellent CB2 here.

Blount still sucks, though.

The same team that Gray had 200 yards against that season. Not impressed at all. We could have put you at RB in the 2014 AFCCG, and the result would have been the same.
On the flip side, I'm not so sure anybody would have gotten any yardage against the Broncos and Ravens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes