PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill hates the all blue uniforms

They stated they wanted to turn the page and create a new era....I don't see anything wrong with that
GB, DAL, PIT, SF did not see the need to do so

The page turning ("put it in our rearview mirror"-Orthwein) was entirely driven by ridicule and derision by the legion of Patriots-Haters.

Bowing to them only emboldened and strengthened them to perpetrate three (so far) fake scandals and illegitimate penalties.

Time to create a new era for the USA? To ditch the American flag and replace it with something unanimously rejected by all the people?

As for all the Bertrand-generation weaned on Soylent Green, flying elvis Bledsoe lovers, it's not their fault. But the crap has been and remains stoppable at any time. Our real uni's are at or near the top in sports, professional, classy, established, awesome. Six Super Bowls have done nothing to make the replacements any less gross, drab, sad and insulting the last 29 years.

Modernize/revectorize pat patriot!
Go to eggshell pants w/red (like a deep red) and blue tops. Keep the stripes!
bam! Classics for a new era!

You get a clown nose; and blue jerseys are historically incorrect unless you ignore 32 years of colorful history including MANY great wins and great players and fan support (driving down Rte 1 is still a *****). And blue jerseys are the color of most of our hated opponents. And we fans unanimously rejected any change including what a carpetbagging foreigner who had nothing but hatred and contempt for US (including you) perpetrated against our will.

You can protest the 'historical incorrectness' of most pro sports jerseys, but in our case the U.S. is RED, white and blue, Superman's cape is not unpatriotic or historically incorrect, and why aren't you demanding the American flag be replaced due to it being mostly red?

Bah. What does red rhyme with? DEAD. The Patriots were sub-.500 lifetime in those HISTORICALLY INCORRECT red-and-white abominations. It required men of knowledge and foresight to make that essential image correction complementing the WINNING tradition we've enjoyed since 1994. THANK YOU James Orthwein and THANK YOU Robert Kraft. Thank you for elevating the Patriots franchise image beyond a constipated/hemorrhoid-plagued cartoon character and imperial BRITISH color scheme equated from 1960-1992 with losing football. BLUE is the cool hue, dude. Stop living in the past and get with the program.

Why did the Patriots ever have the original uniform anyway? I get that the American flag is RED white and blue, but the Pats original uniforms had very little blue on them.

At that it point, it looks like the British Redcoats, as others have said. That's one of the many reasons I never really like those uniforms.

I like the road uniforms (white tops, blue bottoms). The all blue home uniforms are really bad. A simple change would be to swap out the blue pants with white or silver pants. It would make such a huge difference.

This isn't the actual uniform, but it demonstrates the concept well enough.

iu.png

Why did the Patriots ever have the original uniform anyway? I get that the American flag is RED white and blue, but the Pats original uniforms had very little blue on them.

Because Billy Sullivan apparently skipped history class in junior high. It's pretty embarrassing, especially for a Massachusetts native.

It required men of knowledge and foresight
So, they knew the league would employ all its sick corruption to validate all the crybaby derision of the team since 1970 with three (so far) fake scandals including astronomical illegitimate penalties
to make that essential image correction
Lieutenant General John L. DeWitt, who administered the Japanese-American internment program, repeatedly told newspapers that "A Jap's a Jap" and testified to Congress,

I don't want any of them [persons of Japanese ancestry] here. They are a dangerous element. There is no way to determine their loyalty... It makes no difference whether he is an American citizen, he is still a Japanese. American citizenship does not necessarily determine loyalty... But we must worry about the Japanese all the time until he is wiped off the map.
complementing the WINNING tradition we've enjoyed since 1994.
You mean since 2001.

The 90's inflated passing stats and expanded playoff qualifiers do not change the fact the Patriots were more successful and plainly better in the decades of the 60's, 70's and 80's.
THANK YOU James Orthwein
for again having nothing but contempt and hatred for the Patriots, their fans and New England, screwing us and trying to move the franchise and rename it the St. Louis Stallions
THANK YOU Robert Kraft
for eternally capitulating to butthurt opponents and the nefarious league, and worshipping media propaganda

Bah. What does red rhyme with? DEAD. The Patriots were sub-.500 lifetime in those HISTORICALLY INCORRECT red-and-white abominations. It required men of knowledge and foresight to make that essential image correction complementing the WINNING tradition we've enjoyed since 1994. THANK YOU James Orthwein and THANK YOU Robert Kraft. Thank you for elevating the Patriots franchise image beyond a constipated/hemorrhoid-plagued cartoon character and Imperial BRITISH color scheme equated from 1960-1992 with losing football. BLUE is the cool hue, dude. Stop living in the past and get with the program.

Pat still beats Elvis for me... Agree with the rest, of course.

I like the road uniforms (white tops, blue bottoms). The all blue home uniforms are really bad. A simple change would be to swap out the blue pants with white or silver pants. It would make such a huge difference.

View attachment 37148
On paper that looks better but no to the blue helmets. Silver helmets are fine.

Pat still beats Elvis for me... Agree with the rest, of course.

I like Pat too, although I'll never admit that directly to @Actual Pats Fan

My only problem with Pat is that on a helmet, you can't tell from any distance what the hell he is. He might as well be a camera tripod. Also, the cartoon style he was drawn in is very dated, if he ever made a comeback he'd have to be reimagined.

Last edited:
But they had to change it.

Every team has uniforms for a certain era I've noticed.

Even the Steelers tweaked their number font in the beginning of 2000s

Seahawks got their new unfiroms literally when Russel Wilson arrived
There mu$t be $ome rea$on why owner$ keep changing uniform$.

Time to create a new era for the USA? To ditch the American flag and replace it with something unanimously rejected by all the people?
We're off to a good start in 2020.

View attachment 37148
The crap on the shoulders is stupid tho. Look like sideways epaulets. Almost as bad as the 90's clown- like giant elvii on the shoulders. The blue jerseys thru the BB/Brady era are the best

There mu$t be $ome rea$on why owner$ keep changing uniform$.
Exactly. And while Kraft keeps hiking prices , quality keeps getting worse. A fee years back he started getting all the tshirts,jackets etc made in China. Cheap, thin cotton. Bought a rain jacket as well and it sucks. I got a bunch of early 2000's tshirts that ive worn a lot even to the gym and theyre still thicker than all the new ones Ive got the last few years. Im done. I'll get anything in the future custom made.

My only problem with Pat is that on a helmet, you can't tell from any distance what the hell he is. He might as well be a camera tripod. Also, the cartoon style he was drawn in is very dated, if he ever made a comeback he'd have to be reimagined.

Somewhere in one of the more recent uniform threads before this one, there was an image on the helmet of just the head of a more serious-looking Patriot, tougher than Flying Elvis... I dubbed him Angry Pat, Pat Patriot's grandson... If you recall that image, what did you think of it?

Tuney, thank you so much for your patience, honesty and engagement on this subject. I think you can make a good case for fans in GB, PIT, SF, DAL if presented with an unprecedented run including six Super Bowls, they'll (grudgingly) accept grotesque, abhorrent, disgusting replacement uniforms which insult all the fans and everyone who supported their team for over three decades, even perpetrated solely to disparage and denigrate all the on field accomplishments of the franchise in its history.

(Stupid, idiotic) makeovers are in fact quite common in pro sports ownership. The ego/money driven owners do this bush league crap in a desperate, loser attempt to drum up interest: A typical marketing gimmick you see all the time ("New!" "New & Improved!" "New Look!") They can't resist, no matter how good/successful/liked by consumers that product is. Most of the time, it sucks. Lombardi did the new uniforms himself in Green Bay for entirely different reasons: To establish an identity. The Packers were already (and really, remain) the preeminent dynasty in pro football. That had been over a decade prior, and things then were as close for them, prior to him uprooting his family from New York because nobody else would give him a head coaching job, as you can get to the ridicule directed at the Patriots. Green Bay was accurately described as "The Siberia of the NFL". It was. Despite having a new stadium, the public-owned club was on the verge of folding.

For the sake of this analysis, let's set aside the three year period from 1990-92, which can be called the nadir in our history. We went 9-39 with no quarterback (Sorry, Hugh), coinciding with the Sullivans' financial house of cards finally collapsing. Kraft didn't own the team yet; Meanwhile, Doug Flutie set the CFL on fire, setting rushing and passing records which will never be broken, winning 6 MVP's and 3 titles. I take Doug over Kelly and Elway and Young, too. Young didn't do anything special in the USFL and he was putrid in Tampa.
THANK YOU Robert Kraft.
The most important thing he ever did is hiring Belichick, for which he was heavily criticized, and which he famously had to go to an abnormal amount of trouble to simply hire the guy as well. Without that, you can forget about Brady and everything else.
The Patriots were sub-.500 lifetime in those HISTORICALLY INCORRECT red-and-white abominations.
After the inaugural 5-9 season with the tri-corner hat, The Patriots, with Pat Patriot on our helmets, from '61-'89 went 202-200-9.

With the flying elvis on silver stripeless helmets, from '93-2001 before Brady took over we went 64-66.

This is how we finished in these AFL seasons, when the two division winners met in the championship:

1961 - 1 GB champion Oilers
1962 - 1 1/2 GB Oilers who lost title game in 2OT to Texans (future Chiefs)
1963 - Lost title game in SD
1964 - 1 1/2 GB champion Bills
1966 - 1/2 GB Bills

Here's what we did after drafting Steve Nelson:

1974: 2 GB wild card Bills (lost two games to them by a total of 3 points)
1976: Title stolen in Oakland
1977: 1 GB Colts & Dolphins
1978: Won AFC East
1979: 1 GB Dolphins

Grogan was the main reason we won in the 80's:

1980: 1 GB Bills
1982: Lost wild card @Miami
1983: 1 GB wild card
1984: 2 GB wild card
1985: Lost Super Bowl in New Orleans (conceding by starting Eason)
1986: Won AFC East (because Grogan replaced injured Eason and led us in Orange Bowl finale; but Eason started [assuring loss] in Denver)
1987: 1 GB Colts
1988: Lost wild card tiebreaker to Colts (Flutie benched in favor of Eason who barely played all year and started finale [assuring loss] in Denver)

How we did with Drew:

1994: Lost wild card @Cleveland & BB
1996: Lost Super Bowl in New Orleans (Curtis Martin: 11 carries total)
1997: Won AFC East
1998: Lost wild card @Jacksonville
1999: 1 GB wild card

Somewhere in one of the more recent uniform threads before this one, there was an image on the helmet of just the head of a more serious-looking Patriot, tougher than Flying Elvis... I dubbed him Angry Pat, Pat Patriot's grandson... If you recall that image, what did you think of it?

I vaguely recall discussion about Angry Pat but don't recall the image, sorry. Maybe someone can find it?

I vaguely recall discussion about Angry Pat but don't recall the image, sorry. Maybe someone can find it?
I’m guessing it’s this. This would be s bad azz logo.

Attachments

• C13A3AA0-ADFC-4E36-A4AC-434D5AEB8355.jpeg
    C13A3AA0-ADFC-4E36-A4AC-434D5AEB8355.jpeg
    167.6 KB · Views: 4

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk