PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill hates the all blue uniforms

TheRainMaker

3rd runner up sexiest man alive 1998
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Kraft knew the Pats lost more than won in these uniforms, yet made them the primary for 2020. So the question remains, why did Bob think this was a good idea? And I don’t recall any fans caring for the all blue look or the tweak to the jersey they introduced in 2019. Also, it looks like Bill had zero say in these abomination they call uniforms. There’s an east fix to this right now. Bring back the silver pants.

Yeah, I have no idea why they went ahead with this. I don't think anyone really likes the blue jumpsuit. Silver or even white pants would be an immense improvement.

@Actual Pats Fan commenting in 5, 4, 3...
vintage countdown GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario

I like the away jerseys. Someone made a variation of the home unis with white pants and white helmets. Those looked legit.

Kraft knew the Pats lost more than won in these uniforms, yet made them the primary for 2020. So the question remains, why did Bob think this was a good idea? And I don’t recall any fans caring for the all blue look or the tweak to the jersey they introduced in 2019. Also, it looks like Bill had zero say in these abomination they call uniforms. There’s an east fix to this right now. Bring back the silver pants.

Hated. That was from a decade ago.

I like the away jerseys. Someone made a variation of the home unis with white pants and white helmets. Those looked legit.
I like the look with the away jerseys too, but I personally think the silver helmets are iconic at this point. If they just changed the color of the pants for home games it'd be better... the all-blue just looks boring to me.

I guess I'm in teh minority for liking the all-blue look....but I prefer the Blue uni's from the Tom Brady era

not a fan of the all blue home unis

the first iteration of the all-blues came in 2002... worn only once, vs the donks

Last edited:
Kraft knew the Pats lost more than won in these uniforms, yet made them the primary for 2020.
Kraft knew the Pats lost more than won in the new uniforms, yet kept them when he bought the team in 1994.
And I don’t recall any fans caring for the all blue look or the tweak to the jersey they introduced in 2019.
And I don’t recall any fans caring for the blue jerseys or proto elvis in 1979 or flying elvis introduced in 1993.
So the question remains, why did Bob think this was a good idea?
APF: "Robert, any suggestions from you or Jonathan?"
Kraft: "No. We're still collating."
APF: [laughing in disbelief] "You're what?? I find that hard to believe."
Kraft: "What would you like me to do?"
APF: "Just what you've been doing, Mr. Kraft. Nothing."
Bring back the silver pants.
So we're the Cowboys? The Lions? The Panthers?
There’s an easy fix to this right now.
Ray to Phil: "This was always your number, Buddy. It never should have been worn by anybody else."

Also, it looks like Bill had zero say in these abomination they call uniforms.
In fact, Bill Parcells had zero say in this abomination they call uniforms. He coached here with us in 1980, when the guys first called him Tuna.

When Orthwein did this to us shortly after Bill was hired, Parcells was asked about it by the media. His answer was supremely diplomatic:

"I don't have anything to do with those decisions. We'll play in whatever uniforms we're given."

Not exactly 'Wow, they're awesome! Can't wait to wear them!'

BTW Orthwein considered the franchise he bought solely to move back to his hometown to be 'broken and ridiculed'. It was more accurately described as 'broke' and 'wrongly ridiculed and denigrated by media, the league and opponents since the merger in 1970'.

The happiest I ever saw Bill as our coach is in this photo:
1635553316894.png

@Actual Pats Fan commenting in 5, 4, 3...
vintage countdown GIF by Archives of Ontario | Archives publiques de l'Ontario'Ontario
Well, from Steve playing for the Lions to Flutie drop kicking an extra point, Bill has always been old school.

And he knows exactly how good we were for the greater part of the 60's, 70's and 80's, and how great our players were.

We did get it right for a time. After 1980, those silly red pajama pants were (temporarily) ditched in favor of our by far best, iconic uniforms in which we established ourselves as championship contenders in the modern [post-merger, 'Super Bowl'] era of pro football:

Took the Steelers to overtime at Three Rivers, with Cavanaugh at quarterback. Jackson and Morgan were their usual HOF selves, and it took some amazing catches by Swanny to beat us that day.

I have nothing to do with these:

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back