PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Dominance Among Peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
>> was explained clearly in the Do Your Job I
pure bull shyte by Bill

Dude you may want to actually WATCH the video on DYJob of Wilson and the Seahawks flailing their arms and rushing on and off the field in chaos.

Looked like me in my fourth grade school play.

Dude you may want to actually WATCH the video on DYJob of Wilson and the Seahawks flailing their arms and rushing on and off the field in chaos.

Looked like me in my fourth grade school play.

watched it all. Hind site bull shyte

it would get killed on this homer board

Ah, yes, the periodic “I need attention” poster!

Attention: Mosslost’s mommy - you need to feed your kid. He’s out in the streets of the internet looking for attention again.

After Lynch ran the ball to the one yard line it was second down with just over 1 minute left with the clock running. Seattle still had 1 timeout remaining. Unless they went into hurry up mode they realized that they were probably limited to 2 runs and 1 pass to get the final yard. They snapped their 2nd down play with 26 seconds remaining. BB could certainly have taken a timeout to give Brady more time to respond assuming they scored but by doing so he now adds an additional play call to the Seahawks options and more time to think it through. When you consider that and BB's comments that they appeared disorganized he used his gut and went against conventional wisdom.

Of course they were shell shocked and the situation was dire. No one is claiming the strategy used cannot be second guessed and it certainly would have if they scored on that play but BB must have calculated that letting it ride improved his defensive chances more than he felt the extra seconds would have helped the offense. His mind was in overdrive and he clearly made a conscious decision to let it ride. I am thankful he did.

Covering for Malcolm. Refusing to hold him accountable. Thats blind love.

I don’t care about butler .... I knew he was gone long before the super bowl

I think BB is the greatest coach ever......but he did not put the pats in the best position to win the Super Bowl against the Eagles .... it was either a mistake or hubris

Clearly, you’re the one who carries the bias

I don’t care about butler .... I knew he was gone long before the super bowl

I think BB is the greatest coach ever......but he did not put the pats in the best position to win the Super Bowl against the Eagles .... it was either a mistake or hubris

Clearly, you’re the one who carries the bias

He made the best out of a ****ty situation. Sorry you can't see or admit it.

I hold Malcolm accountable for his lack of focus and preparedness. He admitted it.

Since you hold BB accountable for the loss, you are doing the exact same thing.

This thread is too funny.

48E7114900000578-5353379-image-a-34_1517839373711.jpg

He made the best out of a ****ty situation. Sorry you can't see or admit it.

I hold Malcolm accountable for his lack of focus and preparedness. He admitted it.

Since you hold BB accountable for the loss, you are doing the exact same thing.

Except for one thing.....butler could have played....he was there and in uniform and seeing how badly things went, the decision to not even try him rest purely on the coach.....he could have helped and the coach prevented that possibility

So it’s not the same thing

Except for one thing.....butler could have played....he was there and in uniform and seeing how badly things went, the decision to not even try him rest purely on the coach.....he could have helped and the coach prevented that possibility

So it’s not the same thing
You blame BB for being hard-headed and not at least trying to see what he can do. I get it.

I blame MB for not being ready, prepared and focused on the game which by BB knowing that, basically eliminates him from any consideration of playing in the defense.

You blame BB for being hard-headed and not at least trying to see what he can do. I get it.

I blame MB for not being ready, prepared and focused on the game which by BB knowing that, basically eliminates him from any consideration of playing in the defense.

Right.....your perspective is blind

..and so is yours.

Except that you don’t dress players who can’t play and you don’t play someone for one play if they can’t play

Your ‘certainties’ are completely baseless

Bill Belichick, by almost every every measure, is the greatest Head Coach of all time.

When it comes to achieving greatness and doing it again and again, Bill simply has no equal in the modern game. And he's not done yet!! :)

Um, I take Belichick at his word when he says Paul Brown. His Browns won four straight AAFC championships then 3 NFL championships with Otto Graham at QB then 1 more with James Brown at RB before Art Modell, the guy who fired Belichick in Cleveland, fired Paul Brown from the team named after him.
(Then he founded the Cincinnati Bengals whose original uniforms looked like the Browns, but I digress.)
Besides the winning despite the league being against the AAFC interloper always looking for a loophole like there is no rule against a radio to the QB in the '50s.
If by modern you mean post merger or post free agency, yeah, you are right. If you mean since the two platoon game ( players don't have to play both ways) no.

Except that you don’t dress players who can’t play and you don’t play someone for one play if they can’t play

Your ‘certainties’ are completely baseless
As I said earlier, players dress all the time and do not play

BB explained his reasoning why he didn't call the TO in DYJ. I don't think he was BS'ing for posterity's sake

He wasn't BS'ing. And it wasn't the first time he has let another team that appears scattered just run a play.

Remember the Ravens. Billy Cundiff missed a 32 yard FG in the AFC Championship (2012). One play after a bang-bang pass breakup by Sterling Moore as the WR (Lee Evans?) tried to tap both feet down.

Ravens seemed confused about whether to go for win or force OT. They wasted so much time that Cundiff had to sprint onto the field and he hooked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes