PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bill Belichick: Dominance Among Peers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the issue anyone who cares about the Patriots who would be preparing for the Fourpeat at this moment. But way to anesthesize yourself from any awareness of that.

To any non-comatose person who actually watched it, it was patently obvious less than 30 minutes in that the Pats had to adjust that D that was getting beaten by Nick Freaking Foles.

It's even rumored that Captain Obvious from those travel commercials actually yelled out in the 3rd quarter "Get Jordan Richards off that field!!!"

Did you actually SEE they game? Unbelievable.

Robert Weather: ‘Sir, the Titanic is heading straight for that iceberg. We have plenty of time to adjust but let’s keep on the same trajectory ok?”

You were doing fine up until that snarky post.

It's not me problem if you are frustrated with my PoV or are emotionally damaged by the game.

If you can't debate/discuss with civility, don't respond to me.

Yup. But one defense had an excuse - - they were facing Future Hall of Famer Tom Brady, but going all in.
The other one was holding out a starter and being beaten up by Future Hall of Famer Nick Foles. o_O

To be fair, Nick Foles had just shredded the #1 defense in the NFL two weeks prior.

Our defense played terribly, no doubt. But Foles, much like Joe Flacco the year they won the Super Bowl, was simply on fire after replacing Wentz. We probably won't see it from him again, at least not consistently, but let's not downplay how he was performing before Super Bowl 52.

You were doing fine up until that snarky post.

It's not me problem if you are frustrated with my PoV or are emotionally damaged by the game.

If you can't debate/discuss with civility, don't respond to me.

Fair enough.

Will simply agree to disagree.

Ah, yes, the periodic “I need attention” poster!

Attention: Mosslost’s mommy - you need to feed your kid. He’s out in the streets of the internet looking for attention again.

If you want people working for you who aren't prepared to do their job, thats your decision. He didn't trust or have confidence in MB to do what would be asked of him. It's quite simple really.

your assumptions are baseless......and funny especially since you no more of a clue than anyone on this message board

your assumptions are baseless......and funny especially since you no more of a clue than anyone on this message board
Baseless? Funny. You and others assume BB had no basis for sitting MB.

Baseless? Funny. You and others assume BB had no basis for sitting MB.

unlike you, who insists on their direct connection to BB's brain.......you have zero clue as to what he is thinking

BTW, nobody said he had no basis........but he absolutely did not put the team in the best position to win the game.

unlike you, who insists on their direct connection to BB's brain.......you have zero clue as to what he is thinking

BTW, nobody said he had no basis........but he absolutely did not put the team in the best position to win the game.
Lets recap.

You think BB make a mistake in not putting Malcolm in. You do not know BB's logic as to why but blame him for the loss anyway. Because you are making assumptions without inside knowledge, you have no basis to reach that conclusion.

I, on the other hand have read Malcolm's thoughts on the game. He said he was not prepared and focused on playing the game.

I am assuming BB also knew that. That was the basis for MB sitting the game.

Lets recap.

You think BB make a mistake in not putting Malcolm in. You do not know BB's logic why but blame him for the loss anyway. Because you are making assumptions without inside knowledge, you have no basis to reach that conclusion.

I, on the other hand have read Malcolm's thoughts on the game. He said he was not prepared and focused on playing the game.

I am assuming BB also knew that. That was the basis for MB sitting the game.

I know that a superior player sat over inferior ones.......I also know that Butler said he was ready to go. I also know that other players did not know of the change in plans until game time, so they did not practice with what they went with in the big game........all coaching decisions......Butler could not put himself in the game so it's on the coach no matter how much selective memory you attempt to apply

I know that a superior player sat over inferior ones.......I also know that Butler said he was ready to go.
Superior players sit when they don't fit or don't know the game plan. Happens all the time...and once MB left he changed his tune.

I also know that other players did not know of the change in plans until game time
The NEP don't announce starters until the day of and sometimes a couple of hours before. DMC and Harmon were well aware Malcolm was not starting. Rowe is either lying or oblivious.

, so they did not practice with what they went with in the big game
Not true. MB was behind Gilly, Rowe and Badmosi all week.

........all coaching decisions......Butler could not put himself in the game so it's on the coach no matter how much selective memory you attempt to apply

It seems you do not recall what DMC or what MB said last July.

Superior players sit when they don't fit or don't know the game plan. Happens all the time...and once MB left he changed his tune.

The NEP don't announce starters until the day of and sometimes a couple of hours before. DMC and Harmon were well aware Malcolm was not starting. Rowe is either lying or oblivious.

Not true. MB was behind Gilly, Rowe and Badmosi all week.

It seems you do not recall what DMC or what MB said last July.

it takes awhile for ******** to be made up.......nobody knew anything day of, but months later? Butler moved on but they all learn to be careful what they say

you have zero proof of anything........one thing everyone has learned over the years is that BB doesn't owe anyone the truth and the players learn to say what he tells them to say or nothing at all

also, you conveniently take Butlers later comments out of context......he still didn't know why but he guessed and said 'it could have been anything' ..... so nobody was ever given the real reason for his benching .... you sure as **** don't know

it takes awhile for ******** to be made up.......nobody knew anything day of, but months later? Butler moved on but they all learn to be careful what they say

you have zero proof of anything........one thing everyone has learned over the years is that BB doesn't owe anyone the truth and the players learn to say what he tells them to say or nothing at all

also, you conveniently take Butlers later comments out of context......he still didn't know why but he guessed and said 'it could have been anything' ..... so nobody was ever given the real reason for his benching .... you sure as **** don't know
OK. using your words you also have no idea why BB did what he did. Sounds like you want to dismiss what Malcolm said as well.

I think we are done here.

Are you kidding me ? This is still going ? We need a ignore thread button.

Forgot about that. But I think a few factors (Flu, injuries, & Spotty officiating) led to the loss in Indy. The offense, all things considered, put up 24 offensive points on the road.
By 2005 it was obvious that Brady and Adam were special, generational players who were instrumental in leading the playoff runs in '01 & '03. Adam said he'd be fine with being franchised. But Belichick likes to think outside the box, and while I was disappointed, I wasn't shocked he let AV go. Tony Dungy and the Dolts however were shocked and surprised, but then they immediately took advantage and signed Adam. They not only solved their glaring need for a kicker, but Vinatieri instantly brought a winning, championship attitude to the team. People like to point to Manning's mediocre playoff stats, but that season he knew he just needed to get into FG range, and Adam was money. It's how they beat the Ravens.

In the short term, this one blew up in Bill's face. Letting Adam go combined with dealing Deion cost us in '06. Ghost turned out to be another historically great Pats kicker, and we're happy to be where we are today. It's typical of Belichick: he grinds on, going forward, not dwelling on past failures, working with what he has.

As for Adam, yeah I know the dome and everything, but I'm not surprised he stuck around as long as he has. Adam belongs in the PFHOF.

OK. using your words you also have no idea why BB did what he did. Sounds like you want to dismiss what Malcolm said as well.

I think we are done here.

It’s really simple......he could have played.....BB did not play him but chose to use bademosi and richards and got smoked....it did not have to be that way, but BB chose to make it that way even though he didn’t have to.....if someone is healthy enough to play special teams even for just one play, they’re healthy enough to at least try to contribute on defense.....and the emphasis there is to at least give it a shot when your only other alternative is failing miserably.....for this reason, it is in the coach.....it can’t be on butler because he was never given that opportunity.....if he was put in and was ineffective, then it could be on him but dnp-coaches decision is on the coach

There is nothing you can say to refute anything in the above statement

Now we are done

It’s really simple......he could have played.....BB did not play him but chose to use bademosi and richards and got smoked....it did not have to be that way, but BB chose to make it that way even though he didn’t have to.....if someone is healthy enough to play special teams even for just one play, they’re healthy enough to at least try to contribute on defense.....and the emphasis there is to at least give it a shot when your only other alternative is failing miserably.....for this reason, it is in the coach.....it can’t be on butler because he was never given that opportunity.....if he was put in and was ineffective, then it could be on him but dnp-coaches decision is on the coach

There is nothing you can say to refute anything in the above statement

Now we are done
Sure I can - easily.

Malcolm said he was not prepared to play.

Thoughout the week, Malcolm demonstratrated a lack of preparedness to play in the Super Bowl.

For BB to put him in would be irresponsible.

Now we are done.

Sure I can - easily.

Malcolm said he was not prepared to play.

Thoughout the week, Malcolm demonstratrated a lack of preparedness to play in the Super Bowl.

For BB to put him in would be irresponsible.

Now we are done.

Everything you said is baseless

Now we are done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back