PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Biggest Surprise Player(s) for the Patriots in 2020 - Who Will It Be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to choose with so many different faces. It does feel like the team's success will be heavily tied to how the rookies perform. Uche and Jennings stepping up early would be a nice boost for the front 7 and the rookie tight ends might be absolutely vital for the offense. Dugger playing well would be a nice piece to move around. If these guys pan out it will be a fun season. If this class is a dumpster fire, things will be tough.

Kristian Wilkerson or Isaiah Zuber. One of them will be a starting wide receiver by Halloween.

I like Uche and Kristian Wilkerson. I think the latter will be a surprise nugget found in the WR pan a little later this year.

Cowhart. I think Bill really likes him and will get the most of his impressive skill set.

Like someone mentioned earlier . Rivers, firstly, I’m suprised he lasted through training camp without a season ending injury.

I really liked when the Pats picked him and I am glad he had a good camp. Hoping this will be the guy to surprise and get the playing side if his NFL career in full swing.

We have put Harry in the perfect position to put up or shut up!

I am hoping he breaks out!

also, I think Wynn could become a pro bowl alternative this year. I think he is that good!

Looking forward to seeing all the new guys but I'm hoping Dalton Keene will be a nice surprise

I think there will be a lot of rookies who outperform expectations, but I’m going with a player making that big second year jump. Gunner will have a breakout year. Cam will not play favorites the same way Brady did, Newton will give everybody an equal chance and Gunner will be the one who takes most advantage of that.

Hope for our second year guys especially Damien Harris and Gunner to step up on offense..
On the defensive side I am excited to see Wise, Bentley and Rivers to fill in a bigger role..

Hopefully multiple guys shine this year, but I’m particularly interested in Keene. His toughness, “take-no-prisoners” blocking, size, versatility, football IQ & motor has got me intrigued. Long shot; but I’m hoping he could at least be a poor man’s Kittle with a bit more versatility (TE, FB, HB etc...BB’s ultimate chess piece..) Tharticle illustrates that...

Last edited:
Dugger on defense
Asiasi on offense

I'm going to go with Cowart. He was a big time prospect, had issues in college, but is now in his second year with the Pats.

Sony will run for 2k yards. 24 touchdowns

Reactions: sb1
I'm going to be pulling for Gunner and Harris!!

Cam Newton. I truly feel he will be close to 2015 form

N'keal Harry as a legit WR2 and Dugger with his athleticism and aggressiveness. Winovich will end the season with 10 sacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News