PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

p8ryts

In the Starting Line-Up
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Strange snap counts: Winovich and Butler-13? White-10. Asiasi inactive.

Is Uche even on the 53, couldn’t find his number on the Pats website.

Cam-nice to know you.

Stidham-don’t know why everyone else thinks he stinks. At least looks like a QB throwing the ball. Give him a shot with a week of prep and a real game plan.

Edelman-one helmet slam is not enough, seems disinterested, on the Stidham pick, he didn’t even turn and look at the ball.

Meyers-got in the game by default (Harry injury) yet he always makes catches.

Byrd-underserved by Cam, don’t know how he would be with a real QB.

Shaping an offense for Cam isn’t working.

Defense-getting hit, not hitting, didn’t look like they really wanted to tackle. There seems to be only 3 adequate players on the front seven right now. Simon, Guy and Philipps, although even those three didn’t have much impact in this game. Would have included Winovich but he seems to be in the doghouse. Never been a Wise fan. Cowart disappointing.

Secondary-Williams didn’t get a single snap? McCourty’s not impressing me. Never a big Devin fan despite his reputation.

Coaching-team didn’t seem ready to play AGAIN!

It’s like the Covid experience has ripped the heart out of this team.

I always think if something isn’t working, quit doing it. Cut Cam, play Stidham, trade Thuney and Gilmore if you can get more than a 3 for them, we still have depth at those positions even though lesser experienced.

I don't think they'd cut Cam. He'd save face by being IR'ed.

Strange snap counts: Winovich and Butler-13? White-10. Asiasi inactive.

Winovich got benched after the hit on JG right after the DMac INT. Asiasi's role was taken over by Keene who offers more flexibility as potential HB or FB.

Asiasi is in competition with Izzo and just needs to catch up in terms of understanding of his responsibilities as a catcher. We have been through this now dozens of times so I will not bring up the tweets again but that TE role is the most challenging to learn in the entire offense (outside QB).

Secondary-Williams didn’t get a single snap?

He was definitely playing on ST. Even when people here were jerking off over his reps against Kelce/Waller he usually had about only 8-10 snaps in those games. He had a very specific role against TE and wasn't used in that this week.

Is Uche even on the 53, couldn’t find his number on the Pats website.

He practiced this week but wasn't yet activated from IR. Same as Beau Allen.

Edleman didn't turn and look at the ball because it was thrown behind him badly.

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back