PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2024 WR/PTP Thread

What impressed you about Polk trying to get to the end zone with a gigantic head start?

Also, don't forget: B12 teams don't play defense. This is why so many WRs coming out of the B12 end up as busts (Reagor/Thornton).
This isn't a thing that people think it is. There's like 4 SEC teams and 3 others that play defense. The rest no matter the conference are garbage.

This isn't a thing that people think it is. There's like 4 SEC teams and 3 others that play defense. The rest no matter the conference are garbage.
Well, Washington will be playing a B1G defense next week, not a B12. And if you compare the average points scored, the B1G gives up a lot less. Could be crap offenses, of course. But in general, the style of play is different. You see wideouts completely open all the time in the B12.

In the B1G you have:

Michigan 36 ppg
Penn State 36
Ohio State 30
No one else over 30 ppg.

In the B12 you have:
Oklahoma 41
Kansas 37
Texas 36
Kansas St 35
3 other teams above 30.
Lowest team is BYU with 23ppg.

The B1G has 6 teams below the lowest team in the B12.

Last edited:
So if Chicago does the unthinkable and pass on MH jr he falls right into our laps the Commanders are going QB. Very interesting turn of events as things now stands sign a Kirk Cousins Draft MH Jr - with Pop Douglas Offense already competent anything else is gravy.

Last edited:
So if Chicago does the unthinkable and pass on MH jr he falls right into our laps the Commanders are going QB. Very interesting turn of events as things now stands sign a Kirk Cousins Draft MH Jr - with Pop Douglas Offense already competent anything else is gravy.
Just heard that take on here. I hadn't thought about signing a vet pre-draft. Not a terrible idea if there is still a long term plan in the pipeline

Need two tackles. Tackles are critical.

We only need one Onwenu is our New RT.

Onwenu is a guard. He was only a tackle because of injuries. We need a real right tackle. Speed guys are a problem for Onwenu.

Onwenu is a guard. He was only a tackle because of injuries. We need a real right tackle. Speed guys are a problem for Onwenu.
He did well against Watt wasn't he the Defensive Player of the year??

He did well against Watt wasn't he the Defensive Player of the year??

TJ Watt was injured 4 days earlier playing the Cardinals. Not the same guy when the Patriots played the Steelers.

Onwenu is an elite OG and very good OT...he's in for a pay day

Onwenu is an elite OG and very good OT...he's in for a pay day

I would say a very good OG and a good OT. I do not think Onwenu is elite. Yes he deserves his very big pay day, especially after his 6th round contract.

@One-If-By-Sea let's get something straight if I say a guy is Elite guess what? He's Elite.:)

It's kind of frustrating looking at these tier lists and knowing that the Patriots will end up take someone from tier 3-4 instead of any of the highly rated prospects coming in. Their evaluation of the WR position is absolutely awful. Who are their scouts, a bunch of monkeys with binoculars?

1704917299915.jpeg

I like Ricky Pearsall as a mid round prospect. Not blazing speed but fast enough, catches everything and good blocker. Kinda under the radar, but I like him

Harrison, nabers and leguette are the best three receivers in this draft (depending on how they run)
I would love for us to get two of them!!!!!

Harrison, nabers and leguette are the best three receivers in this draft (depending on how they run)
Unlikely we even get 2 of them...Leggette worries me, but I like MHJ and Nabers a lot

This draft is loaded. Rome Odunze, Troy Franklin, Brian Thomas, Keon Colemon, Emeka Egbuka to name a few.

What's your worry with Legette?
Lack of separation mostly...I don't think he's in that same tier as MHJ or Nabers...Reminds me of DK Metcalf, Treylon Burks, or Quenton Johnston....Obviously a mixed bag

I'm fine with Alt (or a QB they love) at 3 and AD Mitchell, McConkey later...Drake Stoops is a big sleeper

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back