PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 OT/PTP Thread

@BaconGrundleCandy - I know I asked you before and you told me, but I didn't write it down.

What are the measurables that the Patriots look for in their 1st round OT. I know it's a 30" vertical, but was it also a 10' Broad jump? Also I think you said at least 25 on the bench press...

I appreciate all that you do.
Usually weight (315 +), 29 or > vert & a broad jump 8.6 or better.

So, the only knock on Raimann would be his "Short" arms at 32 7/8"
Short arms, definitely has to get stronger. He could and will need to improve his striking too. 25 years old.

I like him but probably wouldn't take him RD1

drafting a tackle and moving Wynn to guard would be a good plan. I never saw him as a OT coming out of Georgia
This.

Keep fingers crossed the front 7 defenders voted the best o lineman at the Senior Bowl practices, is still available.

Eat dirt, Ohio State player. Love this pic.

I think that BB really needs to bring someone in to be the "Offensive advisor" to help Bricillo and Yates. I think that the loss of Popovich at the 11th hour was compounded by the fact that Dante had retired. The combination really hurt the development of the O-line.

The Pats actually have 4 OT in Wynn, Herron, Durant and Cajuste. Onwenu would be a 5th.
You and I need to start a bring back Popvich movement. Great insight there.

Captain Stone has a nickname for Durant that I endorse.

Herron seemed to take a step backwards last season. Erratic play—like Wynn.

And Cajuste just hasn’t shown us enough.

Onwenu’s best value is probably at RG, not RT.

Tackle position is an obvious target. Even possibly in the first round.

This.

Keep fingers crossed the front 7 defenders voted the best o lineman at the Senior Bowl practices, is still available.

Eat dirt, Ohio State player. Love this pic.

Penning is a guy I could get behind on round 1. Isaiah Wynn is mediocre at best and injury prone to boot. After this year, Wynn isn't likely to receive a second contract from the Pats either.

I feel Penning would make Mac Jones feel much safer in the pocket and could provide that extra half second he needs to make his read and throw.

Penning is a guy I could get behind on round 1. Isaiah Wynn is mediocre at best and injury prone to boot. After this year, Wynn isn't likely to receive a second contract from the Pats either.

I feel Penning would make Mac Jones feel much safer in the pocket and could provide that extra half second he needs to make his read and throw.

Yep; I would've stayed at 21 if Penning had been available there.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back