PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 OT/PTP Thread

Next year is probably Wynn’s last year in New England.

this should be the year bb drafts his replacement.

Neal is the best player in this draft and if jacksonville was smart, they would take him at number 1.

cross is another guy I think could play left tackle for us, but he will be long gone by 23.

after that, the pickings get kind of slim for left tackles!

Neal is the best player in this draft and if jacksonville was smart, they would take him at number 1.

cross is another guy I think could play left tackle for us, but he will be long gone by 23.

If there's a drop off after the first 2 guys and none available by the time the Pats pick, they should not go OT then in the 1st round. Extend Trent Brown and use him at LT, Michael Onwenu at right tackle. Figure put OG with a later round pick and have Karras/Wynn play OG for a year. Would go CB with the first pick, sounds like OT doesn't make sense to reach.

Last edited:

Wynn is solid, but overpaid

Can either extend him (meh) or trade him...Now whose taking him and what for? HOU again? Caserio's dumping ground?

If brown does leave, we can start onwenu at right tackle, and there are a ton of right tackles in this draft that are better than Herron or the West Virginia kid.

Tackle/PTP Thread.

I think it's safe to say tackle is right up there in terms of priorities. Also one of the strongest positions in this class behind Rush/Edge and maybe in front of DB.

Neal is probably going to be the first tackle taken bc he's such a freak with potential through the roof but this is a decent looking group after him.

Rhyan has a track and field background with foot firing feet at times. Quick, clean feet in pass pro and in the run game. NFL grip strength. I think he's a bit too front loaded at times. Plays a little too fast at times but man he puts together some nice reps. Starts with his feet but man his lower half/core strength is legit. He can run you over or mirror on the edge.

I think Kinnard is a PTP for sure. RT but we'll see. Bully ball big boy in the run game at 6'5 340. Powerful movements / plays with hip first. Wants to body defenders in to the ground. Inconsistent feet and hand/strike placement. Both good when handling edge pressure but inconsistent on the move.

Tier 1
Evan Neal - 6'7/360 - Alabama

Charles Cross - 6'5/295 - Miss St

Ikem Ekwonu - 6'4/325 - NC State

Trevor Penning - 6'7/320 - Northern Iowa

Tier 1A
Darian Kinnard - 6'5/325 - Kentucky

Jaxson Kirkland - 6'7/325 - Washington

Nicholas Petit-Frere - 6'5/310 - OSU

Abraham Lucas - 6'7/320 - Wash St

Zion Nelson - 6'5/315 - Miami

Daniel Faalele - 6'9/400 - Minnesota

Bernhard Raimann - 6'7/305 - Central Michigan

Jamaree Salyer - 6'4/325 - Georgia

Sean Rhyan - 6'5/320 - UCLA

Rasheed Walker - 6'6/310 - PSU

Nick Broeker - 6'4/305 - Ole Miss

Spencer Burford - 6'6/300 - UTSA

Tier 2
Obinna Eze - 6'8/315 - TCU

Zach Tom - 6'5/300 - Wake Forest

Richard Gouraige - 6'5/315 - Florida

Blake Freeland - 6'8/310 - BYU

Tier 3
Logan Bruss - 6'5/310 - Wisconsin

Kellen Diesch - 6'7/300 - ASU

Wanya Morris - 6'5/320 - Oklahoma

Tyler Smith - 6'6/320 - Tulsa

Luke Tenuta - 6'9/320 - VA Tech

Jaylon Thomas - 6'3/315 - SMU

Devin Cochran - 6'7/315 - Georgia Tech

Myron Cunningham - 6'6/325 - Arkansas

Tyler Beach - 6'6/310 - Wisconsin

Max Mitchell - 6'6/300 - UL-Lafayette

Vederian Lowe - 6'6/320 - Illinois

Dontae Bull - 6'7/325 - Fresno St

Austin Deculus - 6'7/320 - LSU

Malaesala Aumavae-Laulu - 6'6/325 -Oregon

Ryan Hayes - 6'7/305 - Michigan

Dawand Jones - 6'8/360 - OSU

Tyler Vrabel - 6'4/310 - BC
drafting a tackle and moving Wynn to guard would be a good plan. I never saw him as a OT coming out of Georgia

I hate foot fires. Used to do them for basketball all the time. Basically get in an athletic / defensive position and tap your feet off the ground as quick as possible. My basketball practice used to have "30 mins from Hell" ... Every 30 seconds switch up suicides, sit ups, jumping jacks, foot fires, box jumps for a half hour.

Here's a visual example

Very important for QB's and OL. Just becomes second nature, feet never stop.
BCG, where do i find your updated tiers?
First page chief. I'll be updating the rest and hopefully adding Saf tonight.

drafting a tackle and moving Wynn to guard would be a good plan. I never saw him as a OT coming out of Georgia
We need to get it figured out. When healthy Wynn has been very good up until this year. So I'm not sure how much wiggle room there is but we have to get it settled. I think he'd make a great G. Problem is, like Onwenu, asking someone to switch position mid-year is a tough ask. Maybe give him an off-season to get straight. We'll see but OL is #1 priority.

I hate foot fires. Used to do them for basketball all the time. Basically get in an athletic / defensive position and tap your feet off the ground as quick as possible. My basketball practice used to have "30 mins from Hell" ... Every 30 seconds switch up suicides, sit ups, jumping jacks, foot fires, box jumps for a half hour.

Here's a visual example

I am glad we rarely do this in soccer Training it sucks and exhausting as f*ck

Here's a visual example

Oh, that! Yeah, I remember those from high school. Yuck.
Really glad that video broke it down with slow motion. :evil:

Watched some film on a very large offensive tackle from southern Utah, 6’7” and about 350. With someone working with this kid on technique and hand placement, he could be something, especially if his feet get a bit quicker.

Watched some film on a very large offensive tackle from southern Utah, 6’7” and about 350. With someone working with this kid on technique and hand placement, he could be something, especially if his feet get a bit quicker.
Are u watching A22?

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back