PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

BGC 2022 CB/PTP Thread

I know he keeps rising up draft boards, but the more film you watch of mccreary of auburn, the better he looks. Can play press man and zone.

the list of receivers he has covered over the past three years is incredible: Jefferson lsu, chase lsu, ruggs alabama, judy alabama, smith alabama, waddle alabama, Moore ole miss, Burke Arkansas, etc etc etc.

with stingley probably going top 5 in the draft, this guy has to be the pick if we go corner in the first.

I know he keeps rising up draft boards, but the more film you watch of mccreary of auburn, the better he looks. Can play press man and zone.

the list of receivers he has covered over the past three years is incredible: Jefferson lsu, chase lsu, ruggs alabama, judy alabama, smith alabama, waddle alabama, Moore ole miss, Burke Arkansas, etc etc etc.

with stingley probably going top 5 in the draft, this guy has to be the pick if we go corner in the first.

I have to watch more tape on him for sure. The little bit I did read said he was better suited for a slot cb role.

Also that’s an impressive list of receivers to go against. I need to look up the numbers he had against them.

There are quite some interesting CB prospects after Stingley with booth gardner mcduffie mcgreary, who are different types so it really depends. I think we mcduffie could excel at slot cb. I hope one of them is there when we pick to have an outside cb duo one of them with jc Jackson would be great

Cincy doubled Williams with over the tip help all game long. Williams had 7 catches for 60 plus yards and only one was for 20 yards.

however, Williams blew by Gardner with ease and I wonder just how fast Gardner is. Williams looked 4.3 fast and Gardner looked 4.6 slow.
I think Gardner will be very solid, but not a star

There are quite some interesting CB prospects after Stingley with booth gardner mcduffie mcgreary, who are different types so it really depends. I think we mcduffie could excel at slot cb. I hope one of them is there when we pick to have an outside cb duo one of them with jc Jackson would be great
I'm big on Chase Lucas and Kendrick

kendrick has some off field issues that teams will need to investigate!

another guy with really good tape, but he can’t stay healthy is Daniels of tcu!

also want to add that Kendrick would make a great patriot wide receiver because he is NVF…. Not very fast!

How about Flott from LSU in the later rounds? A second pick after a 1st round selection? He plays behind Stingley, and the Pats seem to draft "the guy behind the guy" if he drops.

The more I see of Kyler Gordon, the more I want him. I was watching Trent McDuffie tape, but came away more impressed by Kyler Gordon. Big, fast, decisive, sure tackler, he's right up there for me. From what I've seen to this point, it's a pretty good CB class

This cornerback class is indeed deep.

we can probably get a really decent press man corner that is stout against the run like clemson’s Goodrich in the 4th round.

I really like Durant of sc state as a 6th round pick for us. After a read shirt year, he could develop into a steal.

Watched a bunch of tape on pitre of Baylor, this guy is a pure playmaker. Tough as nails. Plays a slot qb as well as just about every other box position on the defense. Pass rusher, linebacker, run stuffer. You name it, he does it.

he was the glue that held that Baylor defense together last season!

if he runs well, we need to draft him.

Mentioned this a few times but they're a ton of day 2-3 prospects that fight are mold at CB. Cam Taylor, McCreary, Bryant, Clark, Hudson ... I'm probably alone in my CB rankings or tiers rn but I see a lot of good prospects that might check the boxes we like after round one.

One guy I think people are sleeping on is Booth. His movements stand out and are NFL fast / twitchy. Extremely aggressive and fearless in run support. Plus length and knows how to use it in press. Lots of potential in press / man. Loose hips, easy mover nothing lumbering or segmented.

I think the big 5 are a lot closer as a collective group - Stingley, Sauce, Booth, McDuffie & Elam all have CB1 potential imo.

I like Kyler Gordon as a man corner for us. Should be there in the 2nd round but might require a trade up. Coby Bryant is interesting too a little later. I think this would be a good year to have multiple 2nd rounders. I wouldn't be averse to trading down from 21 to the 30-40 range personally and try and pick up another 2nd. Could really fill some holes.

I like Kyler Gordon as a man corner for us. Should be there in the 2nd round but might require a trade up. Coby Bryant is interesting too a little later. I think this would be a good year to have multiple 2nd rounders. I wouldn't be averse to trading down from 21 to the 30-40 range personally and try and pick up another 2nd. Could really fill some holes.

Wonder if Jacksonville would be interested in #21 for #s 33 & 65/70... or Detroit for 32/34 & 66?

Last edited:

McCreary looks slow to me. Seems confident and smooth but I would want to see his times. We do not need another slow guy.

Mentioned this a few times but they're a ton of day 2-3 prospects that fight are mold at CB. Cam Taylor, McCreary, Bryant, Clark, Hudson ... I'm probably alone in my CB rankings or tiers rn but I see a lot of good prospects that might check the boxes we like after round one.

One guy I think people are sleeping on is Booth. His movements stand out and are NFL fast / twitchy. Extremely aggressive and fearless in run support. Plus length and knows how to use it in press. Lots of potential in press / man. Loose hips, easy mover nothing lumbering or segmented.

I think the big 5 are a lot closer as a collective group - Stingley, Sauce, Booth, McDuffie & Elam all have CB1 potential imo.

Booth looks amazing. Doubt he falls to 21.

McCreary looks slow to me. Seems confident and smooth but I would want to see his times. We do not need another slow guy.

Mccreary is pretty fast on tape, however the tape clearly shows that when the ball starts heading toward receivers he is covering, for some unknown reason, he stops moving his feet. It is bizarre and a major reason he does not have as many pbu’s or interceptions as his skill set dictates he should have.

I wouldn't be surprised if we looked at a CB early...plus he's from Alabama...hmmm

I think jobe is a 4th round talent, maybe late 3rd. He has tremendous talent, but just never puts the pieces together and shuts down receivers.

Burks absolutely ate jobe’s lunch, read his mail and stole his dog when they played this past year!

It was uglier than a jets fan in a police lineup!

Does Tariq Woolen remind anyone else of Brandon Browner? I wonder how he'll run. Looks like he could play multiple positions. Cover TE's, outside X, deep safety, helps with the run, plays physical. Thought I heard about some character issues but nothing new. 3rd round prospect?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back